Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
And I simply can't believe all the women on this thread who think this is just fine and dandy for the OP to lie to her boyfriend and carry on.
No one is advocating lying that I have seen. What I am advocating myself is consistency. The OP should reveal - or not reveal - this sexual event is revealing - or not revealing - her sexual history is something she normally does.

Witholding your sexual history is not lying. Many people do it. Many people are of the opinion their sexual history is not the business of their current partner.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Given morality is a subjective human idea - you cant NOT argue morality. Morality is human opinion and little more - and not something set in stone.

It wasnt. That was an event that occoured during the break - but it was not a motivation of the break itself.

Having a different moral opinion does not make yuo "lack" morals. That is just an unwarranted attack on the OP.

To the first bolded sentence: And you know this how?

To the second: I'm quite aware of how having a different moral opinion doesn't make you lack morals if you possess them.

You have to have morals to lack them.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
There's no false equivalency as I'm using the logic that it is manipulation to withhold one knows will likely affect another's decision. I'm quite unsure if you know what that word means.

Why is only what he did when they were on break her right to know/what she deserves to know? Why is it only manipulation when he withholds it when they are on break when irrelevant of the time the act is something that will most likely affect her decision to be with him?
As you all so badly want it to be true, your sexual history BEFORE you know someone shouldn't matter.

When you in the midst of a relationship and the ups and downs of one, what happens certainly matters. For the sake of this argument, I'm sure you will hop on a high horse and claim that if your boyfriend asked for a break, banged out some barskank, you wouldn't care or ask about it. But in reality, we know the truth. Everyone does. You would want to know and you would feel manipulated if you found out the truth down the road.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
If you can't see the difference between things that happened before they knew each other and things that happened since last month, there's really not much I can do for you. Sorry.
If you can not explain what the difference is except you really really want there to be one, there's really not much I can do for you. Sorry.

Quote:
Some of you women are completely without a shred of human decency.
While not a woman myself I do not think throwing insults at the women on the thread really helps the discussion does it.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
And you know this how?
Because I read the OP - and I take the OP at face value rather than simply making up what I want to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You have to have morals to lack them.
That sentence makes no sense. If you lack something it means you do not have that something. How can you have something you lack therefore?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I just walked you through mulitple definitions as to why your argument is a fallacy and illogical, yet your level of intelligence, or merely your sad yet rigid world view, will not allow you to grasp logic.
Egh I don't think you're one to talk about rigid world views, level of intelligence, or arguments that are a fallacy and illogical.

Your argument: it is manipulation to withhold the fact she slept with someone while on a break
monumentus argument: it's not manipulation if it is then it's no more or less manipulation to than anyone else who withholds information about their sexual past when entering or being in a relationship.

You seemingly agreed that withholding when entering or being in a relationship isn't manipulation which invalidates that it is manipulation to withhold information. What's left is the context- while on break- which you have seemingly given no reason why it matters other than he would care yet plenty would care about sexual history or certain sexual acts done in the past when a partner enters or is in a relationship with them so why is this caring worth differentiating as a context.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM

339 posts, read 380,010 times
Quote:
No one is advocating lying that I have seen. What I am advocating myself is consistency. The OP should reveal - or not reveal - this sexual event is revealing - or not revealing - her sexual history is something she normally does.

Witholding your sexual history is not lying. Many people do it. Many people are of the opinion their sexual history is not the business of their current partner.
It's funny that you're referring to something that happened a couple weeks ago as "sexual history." By the logic you're using, there is no obligation to ever tell your partner that you cheated on them, because the moment the encounter ended, it's over, and it's therefore "sexual history" which is nobody else's business.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
If you can not explain what the difference is except you really really want there to be one, there's really not much I can do for you. Sorry.

While not a woman myself I do not think throwing insults at the women on the thread really helps the discussion does it.
The difference is you are in and out of a relationship and there is someone who obviously cares about what you are doing. Morals......

Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
If you can't see the difference between things that happened before they knew each other and things that happened since last month, there's really not much I can do for you. Sorry.

Again, it's a thread like this that makes me glad I don't date. Some of you women are completely without a shred of human decency.
I agree there's really not much you can do for me as it seems the difference isn't logical or reasonable but emotional going by your how not divulging sexual history is being completely without a shred of human decency.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
As you all so badly want it to be true, your sexual history BEFORE you know someone shouldn't matter.
So it is before you KNOW someone now? Thats one hell of a goal post shift. So for example if two people have known each other since they were 4 - but end up getting into a romantic relationship when they are 35 - then because they knew each other since 4 all their sexual history has to be on the table? Really? Wow.

Quote:
When you in the midst of a relationship and the ups and downs of one, what happens certainly matters.
But they were not. She was single at the time. She says this herself that that was the kind of break they had. She was - for all intents and purposes - single. Single is not "in the midst of a relationship".

Quote:
You would want to know and you would feel manipulated if you found out the truth down the road.
Speak for yourself - you certainly do not speak for me. If I broke up with one of my girlfriends tomorrow and ended up back with her later down the road - I would not care to know what she did or did not engage in during that interval.

If YOU would care - that is fine. That is you. But you do not speak for everyone. Or in fact anyone - other than yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships