Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 09:23 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Because I read the OP - and I take the OP at face value rather than simply making up what I want to be true.

That sentence makes no sense. If you lack something it means you do not have that something. How can you have something you lack therefore?

I read the Op too, and I wouldn't date her for the life of me. She seems self centered, selfish, immature and cold. Seeing how I probably know more "truths" about her than probably her last few boyfriends, again, I wouldn't date her for the life of me.

You take too many things too literally. We all know that in the end this comes down to "right or wrong" What the op did was wrong. Anyone justifying it most likely behaves in those types of ways themselves. That's all I'm implying. You can take from that what you like.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:24 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
The bolded hits it on he head. And I simply can't believe all the women on this thread who think this is just fine and dandy for the OP to lie to her boyfriend and carry on.

One of the many, many reasons I don't date anymore.
She's not lying though. Nowhere in the posts does it state, suggest, or imply that she was asked if she slept with anyone else and she replied no. Again it seems you're reacting emotionally and possibly projecting your bitterness towards gals likely some paranoia of bruised male ego/pride being taken for a chump as it seems having sex with a guy then going back to another guy is seen as.

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times
Quote:
It's funny that you're referring to something that happened a couple weeks ago as "sexual history."
Indeed - I do not see time as being relevant. You are either single or you are not. If you are single then what you do while single is no ones business but your own. End of.

Quote:
By the logic you're using, there is no obligation to ever tell your partner that you cheated on them, because the moment the encounter ended, it's over, and it's therefore "sexual history" which is nobody else's business.
That is not my logic at all. That is a straw man misrepresentation of my position you have simple invented. If you are in a relationship then a sexual indiscretion is - in my view - immoral.

The OP was not in a relationship when the event happened. So how you think "my logic" is ok with cheating while in a relationship is a mystery to me. Misrepresent much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
The difference is you are in and out of a relationship
She was OUT of it - therefore single - therefore whatever she did is her business only. Not his. Not yours.

1,115 posts, read 1,194,460 times
Quote:
So it is before you KNOW someone now? Thats one hell of a goal post shift. So for example if two people have known each other since they were 4 - but end up getting into a romantic relationship when they are 35 - then because they knew each other since 4 all their sexual history has to be on the table? Really? Wow.

But they were not. She was single at the time. She says this herself that that was the kind of break they had. She was - for all intents and purposes - single. Single is not "in the midst of a relationship".

Speak for yourself - you certainly do not speak for me. If I broke up with one of my girlfriends tomorrow and ended up back with her later down the road - I would not care to know what she did or did not engage in during that interval.

If YOU would care - that is fine. That is you. But you do not speak for everyone. Or in fact anyone - other than yourself.
Lol, if you are really a guy......LMFAO.

What I meant to the bolded is in a relationship or dating.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:25 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
She's not lying though. Nowhere in the posts does it state, suggest, or imply that she was asked if she slept with anyone else and she replied no. Again it seems you're reacting emotionally and possibly projecting your bitterness towards gals likely some paranoia of bruised male ego/pride being taken for a chump as it seems having sex with a guy then going back to another guy is seen as.
You would be a chump if you took her back. Plain and simple.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
It's funny that you're referring to something that happened a couple weeks ago as "sexual history." By the logic you're using, there is no obligation to ever tell your partner that you cheated on them, because the moment the encounter ended, it's over, and it's therefore "sexual history" which is nobody else's business.
Egh you're not using momentus logic as he clearly stated it's sexual history when single that doesn't matter and the example you provided isn't the person being single. Nice false equivalency.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I read the Op too, and I wouldn't date her for the life of me.
No one is asking you to - how is this even relevant?

The point is that the OP explained her motivation for the break in the OP. It was not to sleep with other people. Read the OP again. If you want to imgagine motives on her behalf that she did not express - you are of course free to do so - but imagination is all it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You take too many things too literally. We all know that in the end this comes down to "right or wrong" What the op did was wrong.
A lot of the things the OP did were indeed wrong in my opinion. Sleeping with someone while single however was not one of them.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Lol, if you are really a guy......LMFAO.
Last time I checked I was yes. In fact consistently every time I have bothered to check I have been. Not sure why it would suddenly change now.

Quote:
What I meant to the bolded is in a relationship or dating.
Not what you said - but the clarification is useful. It certainly appeared to be a shift to an even more ridiculous position than you have been espousing thus far. It makes some more sense now.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You would be a chump if you took her back. Plain and simple.
That seems to be the crux of why he deserves to know.

After all plenty care about what their SOs did before yet somehow it shouldn't matter yet in this context it seems to matter because he'd be a chump in perception.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:30 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,890 times
Quote:
No one is asking you to - how is this even relevant?

The point is that the OP explained her motivation for the break in the OP. It was not to sleep with other people. Read the OP again. If you want to imgagine motives on her behalf that she did not express - you are of course free to do so - but imagination is all it is.

A lot of the things the OP did were indeed wrong in my opinion. Sleeping with someone while single however was not one of them.

Taking a break and breaking up are two different things. She asked for a break, not a break up. A break suggests that in that time you are contemplating the relationship. A break up is the end. No more relationship. In that context, she can do whatever the hel l she wants! Big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships