Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 01:08 PM

841 posts, read 1,128,020 times

Advertisements

Mr Death must be 100 years old or more. He judges all women from his life experiences. That's a very narrow view. But, I know I can't change his mind. He believes what he wants to believe.

As far as women not complaining so much here. I see all the negative, nasty, bad attitude comments and it's a huge deterrent. It's like wow! Do these guys even listen to themselves? If I was out somewhere to meet single men and I over heard a group of guys talking about women like this, I would run out as fast as I could. You might be nice to my face, but how do you really feel inside? With such a venomous attitude, surely it will spill out and contaminate any chance you have with a women.

Some of you just don't listen, or don't want to hear anything that is different from your convoluted point of view about how you are being treated by women. You just don't want to believe that women go through the same things you do. Why complain? It doesn't change anything. It just makes you look bad and undesirable.

Sad thing, but if I could wave a magic wand and you could date any girl you want, you guys would probably screw it up because of your negative attitude. You just won't let go.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,123,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Actually in my experience, women complain offline and men complain online. When I am not on the computer, I hardly ever see or hear men complain about dating. They may complain about their relationship, but if they are single, they are pretty happy. But my single female friends? They complain constantly. When they go on dates, all the guys are losers and liars. When they don't have dates, all the good men are taken, and no one wants them. Online it's the total opposite, it's men saying the same things my female friends say.

I think there is lots of truth to this. Mirrors my experience.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,549,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
For your information, I don't have a squirter

dollar stores often carry them

Old 02-11-2014, 01:25 PM

184 posts, read 168,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Mr Death must be 100 years old or more. He judges all women from his life experiences. That's a very narrow view. But, I know I can't change his mind. He believes what he wants to believe.

As far as women not complaining so much here. I see all the negative, nasty, bad attitude comments and it's a huge deterrent. It's like wow! Do these guys even listen to themselves? If I was out somewhere to meet single men and I over heard a group of guys talking about women like this, I would run out as fast as I could. You might be nice to my face, but how do you really feel inside? With such a venomous attitude, surely it will spill out and contaminate any chance you have with a women.

Some of you just don't listen, or don't want to hear anything that is different from your convoluted point of view about how you are being treated by women. You just don't want to believe that women go through the same things you do. Why complain? It doesn't change anything. It just makes you look bad and undesirable.

Sad thing, but if I could wave a magic wand and you could date any girl you want, you guys would probably screw it up because of your negative attitude. You just won't let go.
Stupid comment.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: attitude will not help you in dating or anywhere else in life. I've gotten the same quality women during my highest highs and lowest lows.

And, yes, you can hide how you feel. Despite my feelings on this, I still date and hook up with women whenever I put effort in. Some women know my views and still date me.

As I said before, success relies on luck and not attitude. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we have very little control over what happens to us in life. Again, it's all a matter of chance and luck.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:38 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,549,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I am not saying that women, in general, set out to date short guys. What I am saying, and this comes from being a bartender for many years and watching singles in action over the years, as well as friends and co-workers....a short guy isn't doomed to be dateless. It's just not true no matter how you and others want t use it as an excuse. It's delusional of you (and a few others) who keep saying it's impossible.

Get some game...work on your personality....get the chip off your shoulder and develop a sense of humour....and most of all....learn to like yourself. No woman will ever fall for a guy, no matter how tall and handsome...if they don't even like themselves.

Do they not like themselves, or not like their market value as judged superficially by others? I have long liked myself as a person, but didn't like my market value. Recently I have learned to minimize my dislike of my market value - and it has dramatically improved my market value, which in turn is making me a better person.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:39 PM

136 posts, read 176,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: attitude will not help you in dating or anywhere else in life. I've gotten the same quality women during my highest highs and lowest lows.
Same here. I would add that "social skills" are vastly overrated for attraction. When I was in high school, I had the worst social skills imaginable, and yet I had women who liked me. Coming out of college, I had great social skills, and still do, but get far fewer positive vibes from women. What accounts for this difference? Well, I'm far less attractive now. My hairline has receded and my nose has grown bigger and my height has shrunk 0.5"-1.0".

Attraction is all about looks. I've tried on different personalities and attitudes and none of them made a difference.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM

24 posts, read 46,191 times
Hmm I wrote a reply and the whole thing disappeared, let me try this again. Very many attractive women are single for two simple reasons. The first is that hot women are targeted by guys who like trophies. They are not appreciated for who they are, and they are quickly traded in for a younger, more gorgeous model. And end up single again.

The second reason is that beautiful women are in fact NOT approached because of the vast number of assumptions about them. A stunning woman can be sitting at a coffee shop alone and none of the 15 guys there will say hello. The assumptions range from 'She looks like she only dates rich men/She'll probably ice me if I go over there/She must be an airhead, no one is that gorgeous and intelligent/She's probably stuck up/She'd never go for a guy like me/She's probably had six guys ask for her number in the last half hour/She's probably waiting for her model-type boyfriend/She's so out of my league'...

And so on and so forth. Assumptions.

And that beautiful woman goes home, texts her girlfriend and says 'There really are no single men out there, or I guess I am no one's type. Cos I was at that coffee shop for two hours, it was full of guys and not one of them came to say hello.'

Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,818,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
Same here. I would add that "social skills" are vastly overrated for attraction. When I was in high school, I had the worst social skills imaginable, and yet I had women who liked me. Coming out of college, I had great social skills, and still do, but get far fewer positive vibes from women. What accounts for this difference? Well, I'm far less attractive now. My hairline has receded and my nose has grown bigger and my height has shrunk 0.5"-1.0".

Attraction is all about looks. I've tried on different personalities and attitudes and none of them made a difference.
Excuse me...did you just say you have great social skills? What about that long thread about how you have no idea how to engage physically with a woman? Among many other posts where you describe your awkwardness in detail?

I am more convinced than ever that these self-proclaimed "loser" guys lack self-awareness to a pathological degree. They exist in their own echo chamber because they have no genuine relationships with others.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM

339 posts, read 380,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Excuse me...did you just say you have great social skills? What about that long thread about how you have no idea how to engage physically with a woman? Among many other posts where you describe your awkwardness in detail?

I am more convinced than ever that these so-called "loser" guys lack self-awareness to a pathological degree.
That's your female privilege talking.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,823,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post

I doubt you are really that much more unattractive physically. And attraction isn't all about looks by a long shot. Read phycology articles about what attracts women. Looks *is* in there, but it's not the only or even the top thing.

Maybe this will give you a little hope. You are running into what ever college graduate runs into post-college. It's hard to meet people! Not only dates but friends. It's not "just you" or how you look. In fact, every now and then there are threads about it here.. how hard it is to find someone post-college. Some are started by men, some by women. College (and high school) makes dating easy because you have so many single people, your age, with similar interests, right there living in a small area.

Here's an interesting article on the phenomena (but if you google "finding a date post college" you will get a plethora of articles since it's such a common problem for grads).

Graduates, Here’s What You Need to Know About Dating Post-College | The Date Report

And since you are a guy, this might be more specific to you:

Graduates, Here’s What You Need to Know About Dating Post-College | The Date Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships