Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The approximate minimum you expect a potential husband to make mid career
150K yearly 33 23.91%
100K yearly 22 15.94%
75K yearly 29 21.01%
50K yearly 29 21.01%
$15/hr 6 4.35%
None 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 12:46 AM

527 posts, read 600,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Regardless, it's not anywhere close to 100% 'don't care'.
Regardless, you need to take a basic course in research methods before you attempt to use half-assed "polls" with a couple dozen responses on a lame-ass forum to draw any real-world conclusions. Unless, of course, you drew your conclusion long before you posted your "poll," but I'm sure that's not the case at all, is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
What if he makes the $15/hour but has millions on the bank?
Or what if he makes the $125k/year but is heavily in debt?
Bingo. Lots of people using the absolute wrong measures here for what they're attempting to deduce. That's not to mention that anyone who discloses to you anything about their financial situation in the early stages of dating (let along before dating) is doing it wrong and is best avoided at all costs.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
\Women can be mothers, which men can never be.

Wow, dude-- so enlightening. You just blew our minds.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
He actually does both now. He sells tacos at his store and next month is opening a taco store.
I just hope he's not overweight or older than you, since you rail against both types of men with every opportunity you get.

Oh wait, he's both, isn't he?

Bummer. I guess you're a horrible goddamned hypocrite who shouldn't post here anymore, but something tells me that won't stop you.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree COMPLETELY! Or maybe you and I just hang around really strange people!
Perhaps!

I don't know about you, but personally if that's true, I hope I always do!

Old 03-16-2014, 01:18 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
Bingo. Lots of people using the absolute wrong measures here for what they're attempting to deduce. That's not to mention that anyone who discloses to you anything about their financial situation in the early stages of dating (let along before dating) is doing it wrong and is best avoided at all costs.
I think most woman can tell how much a guy makes by what he does for a living and what neighborhood he lives in.

That is one reason why I am not dating is I work retail in live in the slums. At my age it is so embarrassing to admit you suck at life and did try hard in school so you work a dead end job with upward mobility. Also I do not date seeing I could not live like that so I am going back to college and have been for some time now .

Old 03-16-2014, 03:04 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well I am sure it is not a good feeling that your woman makes 2 to 3 times more then you and if you have a kid it is hard to look at your self as a man and say life is beautiful. On top of that most woman will throw it in your face I hear it all the time from guys when there GF/wife make a significant amount more then they do. I hear you a POS you do not make enough money ? Then if the guy get a 2nd job he will get the old you are never home why are you working all the time ?

It is also called a thing called heart to want to provide for your family we are just driven to do so . If a girl made more money then me I would get another full time or part time job to put food on the table.
So, if you make $80 thousand, and she makes $160 thousand, you're going to get a part-time job just to put food on the table?

Old 03-16-2014, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, if you make $80 thousand, and she makes $160 thousand, you're going to get a part-time job just to put food on the table?
I was talking about more if i guy made poverty wages like 30 k take home and the woman made 75 k to 100 k take home a year.

If I was dating a girl and she made more then me like 60 k to 100 k I would have to get a 2nd job so i would not feel like i loser in her eyes seeing i only make 30 k a year take home and that is a little above poverty for the place i live. Btw i am maxed out can not make a penny more but i did get a thanks for making the company millions and millions last year btw we are cutting your hours ok thanks happy to see someone is get rich I just love eating Top Ramen soup every night. I am sure telling a date you make other people rich but not your self will get her all stirred up in the loins .

Old 03-16-2014, 03:48 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I don't want my girl/wife to be making more than me but I am just more of a traditional guy believe it or not. I am bringing home the goddamn bacon.
That's all I care about. As long as he does all the food shopping who cares what his income is!

But no bacon...yuk!

Old 03-16-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
That's all I care about. As long as he does all the food shopping who cares what his income is!

But no bacon...yuk!
um you better care to a point do you really want to be eating out of garbage cans or going to the food bank every week? It sure does not look like fun it sad more than anything.

It is not fun having 200 hundred vocation hours but can not go anywhere so why take them? What sit at home and go this is cool and stay home in my apartment and just get drunk to pass the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships