Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 07:32 PM

408 posts, read 723,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Why do we never see these posts from females?
Females talk to their friends about it. I can't imagine talking about virginity with a guy. Yeah right. Also most grown men who are virgins are involuntary virgins whereas most adult female virgins are virgins for their own reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 05:34 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Females talk to their friends about it. I can't imagine talking about virginity with a guy. Yeah right. Also most grown men who are virgins are involuntary virgins whereas most adult female virgins are virgins for their own reasons.
and it angers me on how people make arguments, on how does being the initiator, taking the lead give you "power", or "control", because women still have the final say, they control the outcome, and I also hate how people say "women have it harder because they have to wait, while men don't", yeah well in a way men do have to wait do, although not in the sense that women do, while men keep actively searching for a woman that is single and welcomes their advances, going through a bunch of "no's", that is sort of waiting in the sense, waiting until a woman says yes, and waiting because it seems men have to do more self improvement than women do

Old 12-15-2014, 05:59 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Why do we never see these posts from females?
Oh we're out there, we just don't see the need to broadcast it to the whole world. Whoops! Just did...

Old 12-15-2014, 07:09 AM

747 posts, read 443,057 times
Meh. I'm 44 and in the same boat. of course I have cerebral palsy, which has led to women never giving me a chance because of it, so there's that.

What the hell do cats have to do with it??

Old 12-15-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Oh we're out there, we just don't see the need to broadcast it to the whole world. Whoops! Just did...
Ya did anyone hear the story about Susan Boyle?

Old 12-15-2014, 08:15 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
and it angers me on how people make arguments, on how does being the initiator, taking the lead give you "power", or "control", because women still have the final say, they control the outcome, and I also hate how people say "women have it harder because they have to wait, while men don't", yeah well in a way men do have to wait do, although not in the sense that women do, while men keep actively searching for a woman that is single and welcomes their advances, going through a bunch of "no's", that is sort of waiting in the sense, waiting until a woman says yes, and waiting because it seems men have to do more self improvement than women do
No. Women do not have the final say. The person that does not want to have sex has the final say. Sex is a CONSENSUAL act. If one person does not one to partake, it should not happen. Are you saying that women should have sex AGAINST THEIR WILL so that you will not have to "have it harder?" There are also men that CHOOSE to be virgins. Those men have had the final say.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:39 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
Meh. I'm 44 and in the same boat. of course I have cerebral palsy, which has led to women never giving me a chance because of it, so there's that.

What the hell do cats have to do with it??
One of our friends has CP. He is married with 2 daughters. He's gorgeous and funny.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
No. Women do not have the final say. The person that does not want to have sex has the final say. Sex is a CONSENSUAL act. If one person does not one to partake, it should not happen. Are you saying that women should have sex AGAINST THEIR WILL so that you will not have to "have it harder?" There are also men that CHOOSE to be virgins. Those men have had the final say.
No, I know I am not entitled or owed anything from women but since it is the generally the guy that does the approaching and asking out, leading, that puts the woman in power on whether or not things are gonna go forward, usually if things don't go past the first or second date, relationship does not end up forming, its usually because the girl, not the guy, was the one that ended up losing interest, yes it can happen the other way around in which the guy ends up losing interest but that is usually not the case since it is generally the guy that pursues the girl

Old 12-15-2014, 11:03 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
No, I know I am not entitled or owed anything from women but since it is the generally the guy that does the approaching and asking out, leading, that puts the woman in power on whether or not things are gonna go forward, usually if things don't go past the first or second date, relationship does not end up forming, its usually because the girl, not the guy, was the one that ended up losing interest, yes it can happen the other way around in which the guy ends up losing interest but that is usually not the case since it is generally the guy that pursues the girl
Umm that's false.

In my experience when guys I liked pursued me...they were always the first to lose interest. Same happened with my friends. What you are saying is not gender specific. I think the sooner you come to terms with that the better you will feel. I believe you need to get off CD and stay off because you have filled your head with false preconceived notions about men and women. You are not doing anything to get help with your frustration but coming on here and trying to bring others down with you.

Hate to break it to you, but not everyone here is going to agree with you.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:07 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Quote:
Viewing dating and developing a relationship as a game of who has "power" over the other is likely the first problem. It is just an unhealthy viewpoint which is going to influence how you act in a negative way, making it more difficult to have quality dates, appear attractive, and have chemistry. Ultimately viewing dating and having sex in this way becomes it's own self fulfilling prophecy... but it doesn't have to be that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships