Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 04:40 PM

408 posts, read 723,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
None of my threads have indicated any kind of obsession with sex.
I'm not really sure why people make the assumption that because you're concerned about being a virgin that somehow it means you're obsessed with sex. Or that somehow treating it as a milestone is somehow a bad thing. The truth is there are certain ages where people expect you to have had certain experiences and sex is one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 04:43 PM

837 posts, read 961,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I'm not really sure why people make the assumption that because you're concerned about being a virgin that somehow it means you're obsessed with sex. Or that somehow treating it as a milestone is somehow a bad thing. The truth is there are certain ages where people expect you to have had certain experiences and sex is one of them.
You're blind to the fact that whether you have or haven't had sex has nothing whatsoever to do with those people who cast their expectations onto you. You have the choice to shrug it off and wait for it to happen when it naturally does. Instead of posting copious amounts of questions on forums about societal expectations and what the likelihood of you sabotaging your first time will be.

Literally no one cares that you're untouched sexually. No one but you.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:18 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Well look you can apply this to anything. I mean food is a need but why have good food? Why not just eat bad food for the rest of your life? After all good food is a want not a need.

Yeah of course some needs can be ignored although I imagine life would be pretty depressing this way.

As for my obsession with my virginity, honestly what virgin male isn't obsessed with losing it? As I said before I've known people who have been having sex since they were 13. Of course I won't stamp in on my forehead but in my mind it's always there.
Why the importance on what every other guy is doing? There in lies your problem. You are too concerned about what everyone else is doing. Quit comparing yourself to others.

You'll never be happy like that.

It may seem like everyone is doing this and that....but they are really not and frankly I do not care. And neither should you.

Sex is not a milestone....quit treating it like one. You are taking the entire purpose out of it. Let things happen naturally. Who gives a f*** what everyone else is doing?

Too old to be acting like that.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:09 PM

18 posts, read 23,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Why the importance on what every other guy is doing? There in lies your problem. You are too concerned about what everyone else is doing. Quit comparing yourself to others.

You'll never be happy like that.

It may seem like everyone is doing this and that....but they are really not and frankly I do not care. And neither should you.

Sex is not a milestone....quit treating it like one. You are taking the entire purpose out of it. Let things happen naturally. Who gives a f*** what everyone else is doing?

Too old to be acting like that.
I fully agree with this, its how I viewed it all when o was one. It's unhealthy to think of it in any other mind frame.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:06 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times
Ha ha back atcha. Somebody has an obsession and it ain't me. I made those threads over what? 4 years?

Oh, and guess what? None of those threads indicate an obsession with sex. Those are ALL about relationships not sex.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:13 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Well if a guy isn't attractive and doesn't put himself out there this can happen.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:57 AM

409 posts, read 498,060 times
But did you get wizard powers at least?

Old 12-03-2014, 02:13 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
I don't know any virgins that old. But I suspect there a few main reasons why they exist : Don't talk to women enough and then ask them out, low libido, fear of the unknown prevents them following through, too picky set the bar too high (most guys can get laid from low hanging fruit).

Address all of these.

Last edited by dave nz; 12-03-2014 at 02:21 AM..

Old 12-03-2014, 12:10 PM

408 posts, read 723,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
You're blind to the fact that whether you have or haven't had sex has nothing whatsoever to do with those people who cast their expectations onto you. You have the choice to shrug it off and wait for it to happen when it naturally does. Instead of posting copious amounts of questions on forums about societal expectations and what the likelihood of you sabotaging your first time will be.

Literally no one cares that you're untouched sexually. No one but you.
People may not care but I'm sure potential dates do. Although the majority of women in my thread a while back said they would date virgins a significant number said they wouldn't. So it is something to worry about.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:23 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
Quote:
People may not care but I'm sure potential dates do. Although the majority of women in my thread a while back said they would date virgins a significant number said they wouldn't. So it is something to worry about.
Ya and the older a guy gets and is a virgin, inexperienced, the bigger a turn off he becomes to women, apparently girls want guys that have been provenly desired by other girls, well almost all of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships