Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 07:12 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,606,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Do you think those things are 100% effective? I think not. Hey, if you think the risk is worth it, be promiscuous. I'm saying promiscuity and especially seeing sex workers is not what I'd advise.
Your fear of STD's is completely irrational.

Last edited by foadi; 11-25-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 09:31 PM

408 posts, read 722,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
For some reason they have been convinced this is a flaw and there is something wrong with them.
The same people that have convinced virgins they are flawed are the same ones who refer to women
who have had a few sexual partners as used, easy, damaged, tramps, etc.
They are also the same people that refer to men who have had more than a few sexual partners as studs.

I honestly don't think there is a way to make them realize they are not flawed or fix the double standard.
Well i think it's the fact since we were 13 years old people have been making out with girls and since Junior/Senior year of high school people have been having sex. I mean obviously if you haven't done it since then you do start to feel behind. I mean I understand your idea of turning off the neon light that says "I'm a virgin", but i mean a certain amount of anxiety is natural. I can't speak for anyone else but I myself have had instances in my youth where I've been excluded or teased by girls and it makes me fear whether or not adult women would behave the same way. For ex. when I was in high school I remember some of my friends convinced a group of girls to play strip poker with them. They agreed only if I wouldn't participate. Naturally I was left out and my friends told me stories about how awesome it was. Not to mention the college parties where girls basically ignored me.

Of course you cannot let such fears paralyze you. I mean at this point it's water under the bridge. In public I try to act as confident as I can but I'd be lying if I told you that when the time comes to kiss or have sex with a woman that i wouldn't be nervous or partially fear that I'll mocked the way I was when i was younger.

Sorry if this creeps anyone out. I would never admit this to anybody in real life but its anonymous forum so it's a place where I can be open.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWraith View Post

I'm not hot, but far from ugly, yet I feel completely incapable of attracting a woman.
Just be thankful you are not ugly as in hideous, like me. It is a fate worse than death.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:43 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,601 times
at least you're not 40

Old 11-25-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
at least you're not 40
How about we have serious responses rather than mocking ones?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:58 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
. For ex. when I was in high school I remember some of my friends convinced a group of girls to play strip poker with them. They agreed only if I wouldn't participate. Naturally I was left out and my friends told me stories about how awesome it was..
Man that's just effn cold.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:11 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
When you decide to join us in the 21st century I'll introduce you to an amazing invention called condoms.
Condoms only cover part of the genitalia. People do get STD's even while using condoms. And what about oral sex? People get STD's that way, too.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:20 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,320 times
My gut feeling tells me there are more 30+ male virgins than 30+ female virgins

Old 11-27-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
My gut feeling tells me there are more 30+ male virgins than 30+ female virgins
I agree with you.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:10 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
Although I am married now, I was a virgin at 30 too. I also felt it was a huge deal which was my biggest hindrance to developing a meaningful relationship at that point.

My advice would be to stop worrying about your relationship status, virginity status, and level of experience. I is whatever it is and is not going to be re written. Instead, know yourself and have confidence in yourself and what you have to offer. The right woman for you is going to be interested in and evaluating who you are now and not who you where or the path you took to get there.

I am always thankful my wife did not pass judgment on what I perceived my past to be and instead was interested in seeing me for who I really was.

Don't let your past define your whole future. Take charge, know yourself, be confident, and be yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships