Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 01:25 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
You might be right I don't know. It is definitely true that when the financial and logistical issues are resolved, I will be generally happier. That might make it easier to transition from friends to lovers with someone. Right now it's hard to be positive. I'm trying, it's hard though.
You've got the Ed Helms look going on. Not bad at all, pretty average. However, if you dress well, I think you'll have some positive results with the ladies.

Keep your head up. We all go through rough patches. When you do, have quality family members and friends to lean on.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

The point is, at any given time, when you're looking at a group of people (whether they're at work, school, or wherever), there are a LOT of people someplace else. Maybe they're doing the same thing, maybe they're not. I simply think that any view of that sort isn't a strong indicator. It certainly feels that way to us, of course.

Well, huh, that's what indicator is. It's a kind of a representative sample, so work and school are great ones. It doesn't matter that a bunch of people are working at a separate place, or going to a separate school, A school or A place of work is a good sample (if it meets certain demographic criteria of society).

Anyway...

Old 02-20-2015, 01:26 PM

376 posts, read 317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The premise of the article is flawed.

As someone that dated when they were in their early 20's the gals held the power.

When I dated around age 40....not so....probably even tilted in the guys favor a little bit and it just gets more and more in the guys favor from that age up.

Just a *general* observation true in many but not all cases.
I hear a lot of guys talking about this. The tide turning, so to speak, after 20 and it getting better from there on out.

I've just never seen it. Though, I am a bitter, jaded a**hole.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
This has also been my experience, and why life has gotten so awesome between my 20's and today, at 35.

Mid 30s (say 33 or so) is when I noticed dating getting SOOOOO much better. So much easier.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
I hear a lot of guys talking about this. The tide turning, so to speak, after 20 and it getting better from there on out.

Oh no...not after 20, by any means. I'd put it somewhere between 30-40, depending on the guy.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:29 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post

I think it's more like 30+ that it gets much easier. You're usually more financially sound, have more going on for you, etc. Those qualities will be attractive to a wider variety of women, especially in that demographic.

In their 20s, so many people are just trying to figure things out and out to have good time with NSA. It's a rough period of life to navigate and I don't think a lot of people are prepared for it. Quarter-life crisis anyone?

Old 02-20-2015, 01:31 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, huh, that's what indicator is. It's a kind of a representative sample, so work and school are great ones. It doesn't matter that a bunch of people are working at a separate place, or going to a separate school, A school or A place of work is a good sample (if it meets certain demographic criteria of society).

Anyway...
It kind of does, though. Because all those people that are someplace else could have vastly different experiences. We could simply talk about the difference in our social circles; my male friends can't get a date to save their soul. Not a single one. There's a variety of reasons, but if one were to use my social circle (which includes work and former schoolmates) as an indicator, you'd think men didn't date at all except that one jackass in the group that's taking all the women.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Oh no...not after 20, by any means. I'd put it somewhere between 30-40, depending on the guy.
That was a typo on my part...it should say 30.

But still, I've never seen it. In fact it's gotten much, much harder for me since 30.

But, like I said, I've also become a bitter, jaded a**hole since 30.

But I guess I don't even get what it means when guys say 'it's so much easier after 30.' Do women start approaching you? Do you start getting more "yes's?"

When you say it gets better after 30, what do you specifically mean? What are things that would happen to you on a day-to-day basis that made you think, "man, things are really looking up?"

Old 02-20-2015, 01:32 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
Quote:
OK, disregard my previous post. I stick by what I wrote....using your post, I'd argue that FB are common and FWB are not (and, as mentioned, I call them both FWB)

They are the same thing. The idea that two people start out as friends, start a sexual relationship, and eventually go back to just being friends is almost always make believe.

The reality is they started out as friends, became f buddies and then when the sex stopped the friendship stopped. While they were f buddies they were fwb's.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I think it's more like 30+ that it gets much easier. You're usually more financially sound, have more going on for you, etc. Those qualities will be attractive to a wider variety of women, especially in that demographic.

In their 20s, so many people are just trying to figure things out and out to have good time with NSA. It's a rough period of life to navigate and I don't think a lot of people are prepared for it. Quarter-life crisis anyone?
Yeah, that was a typo on my part. But I'd ask you the same questions as I did Hivemind.

What are the signs/signals/symptoms of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships