Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 12:26 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's probably best she told him via text, considering how angry he got. He was afraid of having kissed her. You can't even catch HSV2 from kissing. Odd.
You can't even contract AIDS from kissing.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 01:34 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
If you had begun dating someone who said they had genital herpes from a prior relationship, would that be a deal breaker or not? and Why?

?
Yup.
If they withheld it and told me later? Bigger dealbreaker.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:46 AM

745 posts, read 800,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Considering your reaction, and considering the reaction she has probably gotten from dozens of other insensitive jerks for the last 10 + years, my guess is that she decided to avoid yet another ugly scene, being insulted, screamed at, or called horrible things and decided to protect her own emotional health by doing it through text. I completely understand where she was coming from and she was completely in the right.
This is complete BS, and I am not going to stand for it. Assuming I would insult or scream at her for telling me in person is a complete lie, and makes some pretty ****ed up assumptions about my character by yourself.

If you want to be a Herps defender, go ahead, but what was done, and how it was done was completely out of line

Quote:
She told you BEFORE you did anything, and she avoided what would have likely been an ugly scene with you. Good for her.
Except she DIDNT, she told me after we had made out pretty furiously and my hands were up her pants...

So basically she told me after I was exposed. This is BS no matter how you peel it back...

Old 06-03-2015, 05:49 AM

So apparently this forum has devolved into being a bunch of defenders of people with STD's hiding the fact that they have an STD...

I see, gotcha...

And people getting upset for having not been disclosed that the person they were fooling around with HAD an STD are in the wrong?

Wow...

Old 06-03-2015, 06:04 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
I agree with you in that the person has a duty to be upfront about about an STD from the get-go, no matter how afraid they are of the reaction. Even if the STD itself is not a deal breaker, it's still your choice to decide if that person is worth the risk for you; taking that choice away by not not telling you beforehand is completely selfish and disrespectful, which is definitely a deal breaker in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
So apparently this forum has devolved into being a bunch of defenders of people with STD's hiding the fact that they have an STD...

I see, gotcha...

And people getting upset for having not been disclosed that the person they were fooling around with HAD an STD are in the wrong?

Wow...

Old 06-03-2015, 06:34 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,405,938 times
Quote:

I see, gotcha...

Wow...
Kind of makes you wonder how long these posters have had Herpes and how many people they've exposed to it without telling them.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Kind of makes you wonder how long these posters have had Herpes and how many people they've exposed to it without telling them.
Must have SOLIDLY hit a nerve with a big percentage of the userbase here, most of which must be infested with HSV2 and are living in denial

Old 06-03-2015, 07:10 AM

253 posts, read 654,970 times
It all depends. The last guy I was with for years had HSV2. We were dating for about 2 months before he told me, because we were getting close to being more intimate. He was completely honest about it and I told him I have to research it and give it a bit of time to think about it. At the time, I never even had a STD test either, so no idea if I had anything. (my first dip back into dating 4 years after divorce) Had my test done, was all clean, was very well-informed on the topic, he was on Valtrex, used condoms and kept me informed if he was under stress and possibly breaking out. All was well. We were informed, we were careful.

I was willing to chance it because I trusted a man that will tell me and allow me to make a choice. It would be quite different if he didn't.

However, you guys do realize that this is a skin condition? HSV2 just favors the genital region. It is not one of those that cause death or sterility?

Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Wow! that would suck.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:33 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,886 times
Quote:
Must have SOLIDLY hit a nerve with a big percentage of the userbase here, most of which must be infested with HSV2 and are living in denial
Have you been tested yourself? If you have ever had sex, you may have it. It's fairly common. If you've never had sex and never will, then your chances may be lower, but it doesn't mean you can't encounter it. Just think about all the public places you go to where people have have just applied ointment to a cold sore or scratched their infected genitals and then touched a railing or other publicly used object. By the time you've touched it, it might already be too late. The virus has already seeped through your skin and into your bloodstream.

As a matter of fact, you should probably just never leave your disinfected living chamber until the day you die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships