Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 11:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Parent to kid:

"Look, kid, do you see those train tracks over there? Yeah, you might want to be careful, STOP, and be sure to look both ways whether crossing them on foot or wheels. Capiche?!"

Parent to kid running merrily to cross train tracks (with train whistle blowing in background): "STOP! A TRAIN IS COMING! YOU COULD BE MAIMED FOR LIFE OR WORSE, KILLED!"

Sometimes scare tactics become/are necessary! That's especially true when it comes to those with empty or hard heads!
I agree.

But, once we are adults, it behooves us to investigate further.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:39 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Sorry you are WAY off base here... Liberal atheist here, try again

Wow... really?

Liberal atheist to liberal atheist: Dude, get some empathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Everyone on this forum should get tested for HSV2.
Aside from this being socially irresponsible medicine that takes needed resources away from those who do need reproductive health care, are you going to pay for it? And then are you going to pay for all the people who freak out and want a second test to confirm? And for all the unnecessary treatment for those who have never, and most likely will never, have outbreaks? And because that therapy has side effects that often need treatment, not the least of which are raging headaches, will you be pitching in for all of that, too?

Look, folks, unless you are talking about two people who have never so much as kissed someone else, pretty much all sexual contact is a hedged bet to one degree or another. It's a matter of calculated risk. There are reasons everyone from the CDC to different physicians' groups do not recommend herpes testing as part of a standard STD panel. Blanket statements like "everyone should get tested" help no one.

I'm just waiting for one of you to inadvertently post something I've written professionally about this. You'd be surprised, especially because much of it is not bylined, but is out there in circulation as standard.

Old 06-03-2015, 01:33 PM

745 posts, read 802,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Aside from this being socially irresponsible medicine that takes needed resources away from those who do need reproductive health care, are you going to pay for it?
Speaking for myself, all I have to do is ask my doctor to request labwork of any kind the next time I am at a scheduled visit (quarterly for me because of a chronic condition).

But I have good insurance. $25 copay for my doctors visit and any labwork is covered by that primary doctors copay, nothing out of pocket for me for labs.

I suppose if I freaked out and had sex with some nasty without protection and wanted to get a test ASAP, I would have to come up with $25 out of pocket "out of cycle"... tough life

Luckily I am in a LTR with a clean woman and dont have to worry about STD's or protection or any such nonsense

Old 06-03-2015, 02:03 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
This is complete BS, and I am not going to stand for it. Assuming I would insult or scream at her for telling me in person is a complete lie, and makes some pretty ****ed up assumptions about my character by yourself.

If you want to be a Herps defender, go ahead, but what was done, and how it was done was completely out of line

Except she DIDNT, she told me after we had made out pretty furiously and my hands were up her pants...

So basically she told me after I was exposed. This is BS no matter how you peel it back...
Except that's not what you said at all. From your first post: "I met someone a couple years ago on OKC, went out on 3 dates, kissed her with tongue on the 3rd date, felt her up at the end of the night, she pulled away and told me "not yet"... and we left it at that."

"Felt her up" does not imply to me that you were down her pants. You can "spin" this however you want, but now your story has changed so I call BS on the whole thing.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:25 PM

745 posts, read 802,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Except that's not what you said at all. From your first post: "I met someone a couple years ago on OKC, went out on 3 dates, kissed her with tongue on the 3rd date, felt her up at the end of the night, she pulled away and told me "not yet"... and we left it at that."

"Felt her up" does not imply to me that you were down her pants. You can "spin" this however you want, but now your story has changed so I call BS on the whole thing.
It's your prerogative to believe what you want... I don't see what continuing to post this BS to me accomplishes

Old 06-03-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Speaking for myself, all I have to do is ask my doctor to request labwork of any kind the next time I am at a scheduled visit (quarterly for me because of a chronic condition).

But I have good insurance. $25 copay for my doctors visit and any labwork is covered by that primary doctors copay, nothing out of pocket for me for labs.

I suppose if I freaked out and had sex with some nasty without protection and wanted to get a test ASAP, I would have to come up with $25 out of pocket "out of cycle"... tough life

Luckily I am in a LTR with a clean woman and dont have to worry about STD's or protection or any such nonsense
Sorry, but a good physician will not just order tests on demand. He or she is going to grill you on why you think you need one, and even then, may refuse to order it. Likewise, because it is not standard, your insurance might not cover it. The ACA only goes so far with that.

BTW, you've had at least one strain of human papillomavirus. Count on it. I guess that makes you a "nasty?"

Old 06-03-2015, 02:35 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
It's your prerogative to believe what you want... I don't see what continuing to post this BS to me accomplishes
Does anyone reading this post equivocate "felt her up" with "I was in her pants" ??? Anyone???

You're the one who seems unable to let the issue go. This happened years ago and you are still harping on it, as though she did you some evil. Let it go.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:41 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,212,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Aside from this being socially irresponsible medicine that takes needed resources away from those who do need reproductive health care, are you going to pay for it? And then are you going to pay for all the people who freak out and want a second test to confirm? And for all the unnecessary treatment for those who have never, and most likely will never, have outbreaks? And because that therapy has side effects that often need treatment, not the least of which are raging headaches, will you be pitching in for all of that, too?

Look, folks, unless you are talking about two people who have never so much as kissed someone else, pretty much all sexual contact is a hedged bet to one degree or another. It's a matter of calculated risk. There are reasons everyone from the CDC to different physicians' groups do not recommend herpes testing as part of a standard STD panel. Blanket statements like "everyone should get tested" help no one.

I'm just waiting for one of you to inadvertently post something I've written professionally about this. You'd be surprised, especially because much of it is not bylined, but is out there in circulation as standard.

I was making a point that everyone freaking out here about this virus is making a bigger deal about it than it deserves, and more than likely, many here criticizing the woman from the OP have probably been exposed to it some point without even knowing it or showing symptoms of it.

But yes, let's talk about all the papers you wrote.

Last edited by RedZin; 06-03-2015 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Does anyone reading this post equivocate "felt her up" with "I was in her pants" ??? Anyone???

You're the one who seems unable to let the issue go. This happened years ago and you are still harping on it, as though she did you some evil. Let it go.
Feeling someone up is groping under the shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships