Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 12:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Most people would not willingly put their bodies at risk to get an incurable disease...

If you are crazy enough to do so, fine... but know you are in the minority and it's crazy of you to look down on those wishing to remain disease free
Looking down on? Where did you see that? Do you not see the difference between an unsolicited question about a controversial issue vs. personal opinions or preferences? Most of us prefer to date within our own race, age, income and religious faith. We nevertheless consider the open discussion of the merits or lack of people of other racial or religious or whatever groups to be rude. Un PC, whatever you want to call it. So go ahead and , its ok. It doesn't diminish my post one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Really? Because from reading the other responses in this thread, MOST people who are genital herpes-free are NOT interested in dating someone with genital herpes.

Again, since having genital herpes is not a rare condition, there should be a decent amount of people in the dating pool for people with genital herpes to date others with the same medical condition. Perhaps they should form their own internet dating site. Having genital herpes doesn't mean having a lonely single life, but it's really important to be honest upfront about their condition with their potential sexual partners.
Being black is not a rare condition either. There should be a decent amount of people in the dating pool for people with blackness to date others with the same biological condition. Perhaps blacks should form their own internet dating site. MOST people with herpes are very upfront about it. Why do you think this is not so? About all you can do with those who are not, is what is already done: sue them for damages. But you are talking two separate issues at the same time. One would not preclude the other and you know it.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There is such a dating site. The issue is the majority of the people that have it, both men and women, have no idea they have it.
There are probably several such sites. I was part of one that went out of business a couple of years ago. I think the real issue is that people should not be self-limited by any aspect of humanity in a free and open society. If a non-HSV person is willing to take the risk of being with a HSV positive individual they should be free to do so and vice versa. Why should anyone else care?

Old 06-08-2015, 12:18 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
We make people register as sex offenders for less...

Your holocaust reference is in poor taste I think

No, we don't. We make people register as sex offenders for really harming someone. HSVII is a pretty benign STD, especially if treated. No real damage is done by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There are probably several such sites. I was part of one that went out of business a couple of years ago. I think the real issue is that people should not be self-limited by any aspect of humanity in a free and open society. If a non-HSV person is willing to take the risk of being with a HSV positive individual they should be free to do so and vice versa. Why should anyone else care?
They shouldn't.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:50 PM

745 posts, read 801,772 times
Quote:
No, we don't. We make people register as sex offenders for really harming someone. HSVII is a pretty benign STD, especially if treated. No real damage is done by it.
In Florida, you have to register as a sex offender if you get convicted with lewd and lascivious behavior. Which can be as simple as urinating in public where someone saw your penis... or having sex in your car in a dark parking lot somewhere and a cop pulls up behind you

So yes, it is that simple, i'm sure other states are similar.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
In Florida, you have to register as a sex offender if you get convicted with lewd and lascivious behavior. Which can be as simple as urinating in public where someone saw your penis... or having sex in your car in a dark parking lot somewhere and a cop pulls up behind you

So yes, it is that simple, i'm sure other states are similar.

Most people in this country don't consider Florida to be an example of how to do things.

And are you sure about that anyway? I wouldn't be surprised if they consider it a sex offense (L&L), but just because someone is guilty of a sex offense does not mean they are on a registry. That is a different thing.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:51 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,145,018 times
It depends on how I feel about this person and our relationship. It is not a dealbreaker for me. The fact that they had the courage to tell me says alot about their character.

Dealbreakers for me are cheaters, liars and people that play games.
I have met people that had genital herpes and they are in happy, loving relationships.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:01 PM

609 posts, read 615,753 times
I think it's funny how many people say they absolutely wouldn't touch such a person with a ten foot pole, when there is a good chance they already have the disease.

You do know that pretty much nobody tests for it right? Even if you say "I want a full std check" they rarely ever test for it.

Everyone has some medical issue or other. Whether it's diabetes, obesity, heart problems, cancer, blindness whatever. I'm not going to judge someone for something they have no control over (ok scratch the obesity part).

Although, I would not sleep with someone/date them knowing they have HIV. That's a whole different ball game.

In fact, I would be willing to bet that if you've had a decent amount of sexual partners, your chances of having it are like 1 in 4.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
In fact, I would be willing to bet that if you've had a decent amount of sexual partners, your chances of having it are like 1 in 4.

It's significantly higher than 25% that you've been exposed to it if you've had more than a handful of partners.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:10 PM

609 posts, read 615,753 times
Quote:
It's significantly higher than 25% that you've been exposed to it if you've had more than a handful of partners.
I know a handful of men that have over 100. I would be shocked if all of them didn't have it by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships