Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 11:22 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times

Advertisements

He just wanted to get laid. Duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 11:23 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_bls View Post
So, the words of his last ex (in a text) were: "even your best friend's parents warned me that you'd use me Out of convenience and then when it was no longer easy, you'd dump me." But why would he only use me and not really love me? He did come home w me
For one holiday and would take me out to dinner on my bday and get me gifts.
Your comprehension and understanding skills appear to quite lacking for one who says they are an "MD".
You were used because you were easy to use, accept the fact that he does not, never will and more than likely never did love you, want you or had any plans to marry you, ever.
Easy sex and it only cost him a few dinners, gifts and meeting the parents, he got off pretty cheap comparatively.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Intermittent reinforcement.

https://outofthefog.net/CommonNonBeh...forcement.html

If he didn't throw you a bone at least once in the bluest of blue moons, you almost certainly would have been gone - no matter how low your self-esteem - so he tossed something your way every so often.

He wasn't ready to ditch you entirely yet; he still wanted whatever you were serving...sex, cleaning the house, half-paying rent or whatever.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:47 PM

140 posts, read 86,668 times
Interesting. But then how do I tell the difference between him and someone who sincerely
Loves me? I mean I guess he only ever said "I love you" back after 14 months when I kept bringing it up, and immediately after tried to sneak out w another girl. But he did say "I'll marry you someday when I decide time is right as long as you don't keep wanting to talk about it," and he maintains even to this day that he just dumped me bc I wanted to make plans for future and talk about it.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:10 PM

238 posts, read 222,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Intermittent reinforcement.

https://outofthefog.net/CommonNonBeh...forcement.html

If he didn't throw you a bone at least once in the bluest of blue moons, you almost certainly would have been gone - no matter how low your self-esteem - so he tossed something your way every so often.

He wasn't ready to ditch you entirely yet; he still wanted whatever you were serving...sex, cleaning the house, half-paying rent or whatever.

I think you just threw the op a bone. This poor soul has been hanging on every thread hoping for some kind of hope. Some glimmer of something, When in reality this guy is just so bad for her.

And you just threw her some "temporary" hope. Come on Jerz, what are you doing? Now, she's going to think that there is a reason beyond the obvious why he stayed around. This poster will somehow make whatever bad reason, good.

Your killing her Jerz. Your killing her. Poor thing. Op, I feel your pain. I truly do. This guy is not for you. He's no good. The sooner you learn that the better. No hope here. Sorry, I hope you heal.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:02 PM

But he's all I want. I should just convey to him that I don't care about marriage and just want him to make me happy

Old 12-02-2015, 04:25 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:
But he's all I want. I should just convey to him that I don't care about marriage and just want him to make me happy
he didn't so far, he didn't even sincerely try and he never will. He is just stringing you along until something better or just different shows up. Dumping girls so easily shows that he is either immature or not able to truly love.

I am sorry, but I recommend to you to read your very first post over and over again until it sinks in what a piece of ... he is. Print it out and read it again and again. You deserve better.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:53 AM

That's a good idea. I'm just at a point where I'm so angry, like over his text "hey soon you'll move and find all sorts of men who admire you and want to marry you..." I ignored that but I Want to say, look, you knew this temporary travel Position was hands down the best move for my career, and I also involved you from day 1 asking what you thought (he told Me to just make decision based upon what's best for my career and not him "bc I certainly wouldn't base it on you if I were the one making the decision"). I told him this travel position will make it easier to see my
Family that year, and if he wasn't ready to even get engaged / move forward a bit in next couple of years, then that's fine but I'm gonna choose to do what's best for my career family in meantime, it isn't in my belief system anyhow to be a live in gf for years on end. (Stupid that he wouldn't propose to avoid that considering hed stop having sex w me at random times and say he's a Christian).

Old 12-04-2015, 05:01 PM

Should I tell him I'm sorry for
Pressuring him about marriage?

Old 12-04-2015, 05:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Should I tell him I'm sorry for
Pressuring him about marriage?
No. You should leave him the **** alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships