Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_bls View Post
Well I'd just love to know why my simple conversation about moving in together after a year resulted in him blowing up like that. This is what I mean, he dumps me every time there's commitment or emotion expressed by
Me
Obviously he didn't want you to ask about moving in.

If you want to move in, just do it!!! Wait until he isn't home and move your stuff in. He'll really enjoy that! He sounds like the type who loves surprises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 01:14 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Obviously he didn't want you to ask about moving in.

If you want to move in, just do it!!! Wait until he isn't home and move your stuff in. He'll really enjoy that! He sounds like the type who loves surprises.
I wouldn't do that. He could call police for trespassing. You might end up in jail. See a therapist please.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:19 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I wouldn't do that. He could call police for trespassing. You might end up in jail. See a therapist please.
If a girl did that to me I would throw her out of my window with her stuff. Women are sly though they start "nesting". They leave a thing here or there at my place and before I know it shes got my whole dresser filled with her crap!

Old 11-28-2015, 02:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
If a girl did that to me I would throw her out of my window with her stuff. Women are sly though they start "nesting". They leave a thing here or there at my place and before I know it shes got my whole dresser filled with her crap!
I think MissClutterbuck was kidding...and also being facetious (sorry, not to speak for you, MissClutterbuck)...I mean whether this person is for real or not (I'm banking on "not" and somebody's having fun), we have all attempted to give GOOD advice she didn't listen to...so now it's on to the totally outrageous silly advice.

Because I mean at this point, why not.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:01 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz View Post
i think missclutterbuck was kidding...and also being facetious (sorry, not to speak for you, missclutterbuck)...i mean whether this person is for real or not (i'm banking on "not" and somebody's having fun), we have all attempted to give good advice she didn't listen to...so now it's on to the totally outrageous silly advice.

Because i mean at this point, why not.
:d

Old 11-28-2015, 03:29 PM

140 posts, read 86,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I do know a guy whose brother lived together with a girl for more than 10 years and never married. He is Persian and his family wants him to marry to Persian. While the girl he lives with is an American, non Persian, satisfies his sexual need but he was unable to marry her. So just because some one lives with you there is no guaranteed that he will marry you.
You here this in the news, the girl who played in Black Swan, Natalie Portman, she married a guy who was already living with somebody else.

Did this guy ever tell the American whom he was living with that he'd marry her eventually? Because my ex told me he would whenever he decided the time was right, was it a culture thing? Because my boyfriend was from a poor African country and before he met me his nickname to his friend was "Seal," and I am (in many other people's words) a beautiful fair American girl. I don't know hiw he could actually have intention of marrying me if he threatened to dump me every time I brought up the future and often actually eoyks , and couldn't even give an approximate timetable like getting engaged within the next couple of years?

Maybe I should tell him sure I'll stop texting you, probably best for me not to keep communicating w u as long as my attempts to have simple adult discussions abut future are met w you dumping me, then claiming its my "fault."

Old 11-28-2015, 03:38 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Id rather have him back as long as I can actually trust that he isn't just stringing me along when he says "I will marry you eventually when I decide the time is right as long as you stop asking/Pressuring me about it. And I have no approximate timetable to give, and if this isn't good enough for you, then do what you have to do & leave."
You can't trust that. He has SHOWN you you can't trust that. So what you are asking is how do I make him into someone else?

Old 11-28-2015, 03:45 PM

469 posts, read 398,930 times
Assuming there is any part of this that is true (not likely; no one can be this dense), he's not going to marry you. He told you that just to get you to shut up about it.

As for how to get his attention - you should probably sleep with all of his friends. Then if he gets mad you'll know he's jealous and that means he really loves you but just doesn't know how to show it! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Troll.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:04 PM

140 posts, read 86,668 times
Look, I'm highly intelligent in other ways. Maybe I just need a little help with social intelligence. How can you tell he was only saying those things to get me to shut up? Because he never was the one to say "I love you" or anything positive about me or bring up future in any way on his own?

Old 11-28-2015, 04:08 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,879,329 times
Quote:
Did this guy ever tell the American whom he was living with that he'd marry her eventually? Because my ex told me he would whenever he decided the time was right, was it a culture thing? Because my boyfriend was from a poor African country and before he met me his nickname to his friend was "Seal," and I am (in many other people's words) a beautiful fair American girl. I don't know hiw he could actually have intention of marrying me if he threatened to dump me every time I brought up the future and often actually eoyks , and couldn't even give an approximate timetable like getting engaged within the next couple of years?

Maybe I should tell him sure I'll stop texting you, probably best for me not to keep communicating w u as long as my attempts to have simple adult discussions abut future are met w you dumping me, then claiming its my "fault."
Seal is from London, though. Are you likening yourself to (the German) Heidi Klum? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships