Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 09:28 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_bls View Post
It wasn't abusive, he just didn't want to talk about the future or marriage or anything serious for probably 5 years and never wanted me To bring it up . That's not abusive, just to say he knows himself and that it'll take longer for him to propose if I keep bringing up/asking about future
I agree, I'm not sure who abuses who now after reading 18 pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I kept saying "I just need an approx time frame, just wondering what you see for your life" and then he ends up saying 5 years. I said "oh I'm surprised, didn't realize it'd be that long" and he claimed it was previously shorter, but then he lengthened it because me wanting to talk about the future ticked him off. So the more I wanted to discuss our future, instead of just "trusting him to do it whenever the time is right," he said the longer he'd take to propose. I don't understand
Your ex is a genius!

Old 11-28-2015, 09:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Your ex is a genius!
Actually, I'm guessing he works at a daycare center.

That whole "We were GOING to do X but now that you bothered Mommy/Daddy, we're not/it will be later" thing is very popular when dealing with toddlers. Or anyone else who is emotionally helpless and who must let someone in control make all his/her decisions for him/her, OR ELSE.

So, either he's a daycare worker or he has 10 unclaimed kids hanging around somewhere with their mothers going, "Shhhhhhh! Daddy said he MIGHT buy you a pair of shoes if you don't ask him."

Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 PM

140 posts, read 86,668 times
LOL, JerZ, so true. At the time I Thought his statement seemed odd
Or like a "punishment." After all, he said it during one of the first times I ever brought up the futur- not like I'd been nagging him for weeks or anything!

Old 11-28-2015, 09:42 PM

15 posts, read 10,494 times
My generic relationship advice:
-Be excellent to each other. Really. Read this sentence. BE. EXCELLENT. TO. EACH. OTHER.
-Love hard. If you choose to love - do it all the way.
-Be honest - Truth is the most important thing you can have between you.
If it does not work AFTER steps 1-3,
Move along, don't dawdle., Nothing to see here.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:21 AM

I just want my boyfriend back.should I ask for how long he'd prefer I'd leave him alone, then Say something about how I know him well and realize he wasn't about to say "I love you" back and if he feels the need to back off then that's totally fine, I'll give him his space? Is this the advice Just a Guy was trying to give?

Old 11-29-2015, 07:15 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,068 times
Quote:
I just want my boyfriend back.should I ask for how long he'd prefer I'd leave him alone, then Say something about how I know him well and realize he wasn't about to say "I love you" back and if he feels the need to back off then that's totally fine, I'll give him his space? Is this the advice Just a Guy was trying to give?
Yes. You should definitely get into his personal space just to let him know that you'll be giving him space.

In fact, you should call him daily to remind him that you will give him space.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:36 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,681 times
Quote:
Listen he says he warned me if I kept bringing up future or marriage he'd dump me. So now I need to figure out how to convince him in changed. That's what I'm asking for advice on
You could convince him you have changed my letting him read this entire thread. Best advice you can get. Will throw this in for free, you sound totally off and dangerous and if hes smart he should run while he can.

Last edited by luv my dayton; 11-29-2015 at 07:47 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Nice try, I'm now 100% sure you are trolling.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:35 AM

Yes, because if you love someone and want them back, you definitely have to be either trolling or "dangerous."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships