Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 09:52 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times

Advertisements

It really doesn't matter who believes what.

The answer is: Be confident in yourself/your own choices, and don't flying flip what other people say. No one can live your life for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 11:00 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Lots of men are happy as single men. Some men are also happy being single since being abused and financially raped in a divorce. Relationships are painted in this society, as the source of true happiness, but millions know that is a myth.
Financially raped, you say? So to you, dividing marital assets in a divorce is like, well, rape?

Old 02-23-2017, 03:56 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Short-term, yes if they are going through life changes or improving themselves to be a better person. Long-term, no. I've met people who say they're happy being single but their words and actions tells me differently. Meaning, they either complain about how lonely they are or drink as an escape to avoid dealing with their feelings.
Pretty narrow view, you have. Many of the women, witj whom I have either met and tried to establish a romantic relationship (or I have known) and who said they were happy being single fall into two categories. Either they put their professions and/or education first and romantic relationships second. Or, based on their temperament, relationships were just too big a hassle (compared to being single), based on their own experience.

But yes, I have known a few "lonely women" who weren't truly happy being single. For some reason this was their "default". But they have been in the minority.

There are also a bunch of women who said they were lonely without a man, dated like mad, and rejected every man they dated. Where does that group fit in your scheme of things?

Old 02-23-2017, 04:03 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Financially raped, you say? So to you, dividing marital assets in a divorce is like, well, rape?
Constantly painting the female part of a divorce as a gold-digging rapist is beginning to feel like rape. OK, nowhere near, but it gets so old ...

Repeatedly saying all women care about is money when they get divorced, is also a good way to point out that it's again a man harping about divorce=money.

Some go on and on about that awful child support they're raped over, paying a percent of their income (that's already been established non-discriminatorily accross the board) is sooo unfair...It's enlightening to stop them mid-rant and ask: child support? You have kids? All you're talking about is money.....hmmm

And no if the shoe was on the other foot things wouldn't be different. More and more the shoe is on the other foot, it's just not being thrown up every day.

Get divorced and MOVE ON. If you're paying child support it's because you made children! If you didn't get divorced just as much -if not more- of your income would be going to support them.

I didn't receive child support, there wasn't a fair distribution of assets, but I'm free! Woohoo!
Rant over.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:15 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I'd argue that opting out of relationships because you truly believe women are just screaming nags who set out to ruin men emotionally and financially
I don't believe that. I do believe that the more of yourself you share with someone, the more power you give them to hurt you. That's too big a risk for me, and I'd say the same no matter which gender I found attractive.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:32 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Some go on and on about that awful child support they're raped over, paying a percent of their income (that's already been established non-discriminatorily accross the board) is sooo unfair...It's enlightening to stop them mid-rant and ask: child support? You have kids? All you're talking about is money.....hmmm
It's not just child support, which is 100% fair. It's also alimony. Take child support, alimony, and the wife's legal bills, and you've cleaned out the poor chump's entire back account. To add insult to the injury, he has no say over how the money is spent, even the child support portion.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:00 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
It's not just child support, which is 100% fair. It's also alimony. Take child support, alimony, and the wife's legal bills, and you've cleaned out the poor chump's entire back account. To add insult to the injury, he has no say over how the money is spent, even the child support portion.
I've seen men who have to pay huge amounts out of their pay checks...that is so unfair...the man will be unable to start a new life with a new marriage b/c the woman is raping him financially. Just to get even....
yes, you should support your children, but all within reason...what is fair, is fair....and every situation is different, however, in some cases, it is most unfortunate and unfair to the father.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Then more of them should fight for primary custody of the kids so the women have to pay them child support and they have to do the hard work of actually raising children.

Most divorced guys I know run around doing whatever they want because of all the free time they have while their ex wives have to do all the childcare.

No one really talks about that, do they?

Old 02-23-2017, 06:22 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Then more of them should fight for primary custody of the kids so the women have to pay them child support and they have to do the hard work of actually raising children.

Most divorced guys I know run around doing whatever they want because of all the free time they have while their ex wives have to do all the childcare.

No one really talks about that, do they?
I know of a few, and just a few cases where the men were granted child custody and the wife had to pay support....

However, today, a lot of divorced parents are sharing custody....i.e., summer he gets the kids, winter, she gets the kids, with weekend visits to the parent that doesn't have them. and it works well for some.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:58 AM

352 posts, read 234,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Let's change it from male -vs female , to "Primary Income earner".

In most cases the division of assets is lined out fairly and there is no deviation from state law(s). No fault divorces and child support set for state guidelines disallows any "rape" of the income earner in those cases.

Where things get sticky, can be alimony cases. Many of these are at the whim and mood of whatever judge is presiding and how loud the check casher's attorney is over the income earner's. There are short term divorces that were finalized, alimony paid etc.....yet the Primary income earner is still paying close to 50% (I know one female case and a male case) of their monthly net out, years later. These are examples of financial "rape " ....and in both of the cases I'm familiar with , neither of the check cashers will work full time, yet they have gardners, painters etc....for their homes. All because of "sympathetic" judges.

So, yes....there are cases of non lubed, financial reamings out there for many (both male and female) Primary income earners .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships