Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 11:02 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Go check out whatever OLD site you've used, look at the women's profiles, I just did. 50....not one mentioned height. I will concede a lot were extremely overweight, and some were posed in embarrassing positions to look sexy, so...they get what they're advertising for. No sympathy.
I have seen plenty of them but that's because I seek them out(I'm 6ft5). but its not always worded so bluntly, it's often worded like " I prefer men 3 - 4 inches taller than me" and you read her stats and she is usually 5ft9 - 5ft11 lol thats the part he didn't mention lol.

Now I'm not saying there are no women with a height bias, I've gotten msg's from women who were 4ft8 who after 2 minutes of conversation I released they did not actually read my profile because the only thing they remember from it was my height. but they did not list a height requirement on their actual profile.

Most women who do list a height preference are usually tall themselves.(which I guess is still no excuse).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 11:03 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,525,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Based on a Twitter thread I'm following, it sounds like many guys could crush OLD by including things like "has mattress on bed frame" or "washes towels regularly" or "stocks 2-ply toilet paper" in their profiles.
"Cleans bathroom mirror every once in a while"
"Owns a vacuum"
"Pictures on walls. And they're even in frames"

Old 02-23-2018, 11:13 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,975 times
"Trump supporters, swipe left."

Okay then! I didn't vote for him, but I'll swipe left anyways. Might as well substitute Candidate A with Candidate B for all I care.

I never liked him, and unless he gets into a car accident and wakes up a completely different person then I probably never will; but someone narrowly-minded enough to use a distant political figure to filter out any soul who even dares enter any area of their personal lives, probably isn't developed enough to handle the diverse trials and tribulations of a lifelong commitment.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
- EVERY pic and sentence in their profile is about activities they may love but realistically only do a handful of times per year (travel abroad, Spartan/Mud run/marathons, climbing a mountain, camping). I can be a bit of a Weekend Warrior, too, but it's not every weekend - tell me what you're into the other 70% of the time, because chances are that that's when we're going to spend the most time together. After all, are people looking for a romantic partner, or a training partner?
That is a good one to avoid because most people I've come across with profiles like that spend the other 70% of the time preparing those activities lol. so unless you have an equal passion for those things you will spend your time bored to tears being hauled around to every sporting goods store in a 100 mile radius and holding a stopwatch on his practice runs(or running along with him).

I met a girl like that at the gym 14 years ago I'm athletic also but damn lol.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
"Cleans bathroom mirror every once in a while"
"Owns a vacuum"
"Pictures on walls. And they're even in frames"
So if his place is clean otherwise you will throw him shade for not having pictures on the walls?

Old 02-23-2018, 11:56 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,525,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
So if his place is clean otherwise you will throw him shade for not having pictures on the walls?
Nah, I was just poking fun at male housekeeping trends.

I am grossed out by dirty bathrooms, though.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:16 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
"Trump supporters, swipe left."

Okay then! I didn't vote for him, but I'll swipe left anyways. Might as well substitute Candidate A with Candidate B for all I care.

I never liked him, and unless he gets into a car accident and wakes up a completely different person then I probably never will; but someone narrowly-minded enough to use a distant political figure to filter out any soul who even dares enter any area of their personal lives, probably isn't developed enough to handle the diverse trials and tribulations of a lifelong commitment.
I'd say the same thing no way would I want to date a woman who voted for such an awful human being.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:26 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,795 times
Have/want kids.
Inflexibility - mostly religion or politics.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:59 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Mention about height and a man needing to be over a certain height which is most of them lol
Conversely, I used to warn about my height in my profile so that I would weed out any men to whom a tall woman was too much of a freak and save us both the embarrassment of him not finding out until we met.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:58 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,081 times
online dating for hook ups only....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships