Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 11:37 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post

Yep funny how when I was 16 and sneaking into bars I felt there weren't enough of these girls, but now I realize there are way too many of these girls. as they are one night stand material but not girlfriend/wife material. and sadly they are usually the ones who are the ones who otherwise are in the best position to be girlfriend/wife material as they tend to be single and "child free"(early 20's) or single/divorced "kids grown up and moved out" (late 40+'s).

And if you actually try to date or get feeling for a "woo girl"(not the term I use for them) it will only end in tears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 02:00 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,978 times
Screwing with people's feelings and emotions only hurts if you give people the power to do it. Don't.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Screwing with people's feelings and emotions only hurts if you give people the power to do it. Don't.
only way to avoid that is to never fall in love.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:58 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Did you notice who you're replying to? He'll be back any moment to say, "EXACTLY."

Old 03-12-2018, 03:32 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
Quote:
Meaning say you come across a dating profile that draws you in, they seem to have many things in common with you, same likes, interests, political views, taste in music/movies, similar hobbies etc etc..

There photos seem up to date and you find them attractive etc etc
Every thing seems perfect until you run across one thing that ruins it in your eyes,
something mentioned in their about me: (usually mentioned somewhere towards the end).

Or something in their stats that is a deal breaker for you.

Or something in the settings of some or most of their photos gives you pause.

A few examples for me are:

1. if I see in there stats they are looking for "just friends" or "casual dating/just dating nothing serious/no commitment( different sites/apps word it differently)"

2. if I see in their stats they have a job/career that traditionally does not allow much time for a relationship, typically jobs that keep them away a lot where they either have to do a lot of traveling or just plain long hours. I prefer women who clock out after 8 hours so we can hang out more.

3. If I see in their stats they have young children at home.

4. If every other photo in their profile is them in a bar getting toasted(not the girl you take home to mom).

5. If every other photo is of here in front of a different exotic landmark(and the timestamps span only a few years most recent being a few months ago), I'm thinking this girl will have me broke or sitting home alone most of the time. (I've traveled a lot also but my timestamps would average 5 - 10 years apart as an adult. and since I was a military brat growing up most would be childhood photos lol).

I'm engaged so I'm not on dating sites but I think people who travel are some of the best people. They are very worldly. They have great stories to tell and great photos and have some amazing experiences. I'm a world traveler myself. I pay for it all MYSELF. I think it is a pretty incorrect assumption a girl like that will have you broke. Not all women expect men to pay for stuff. As a women, I find it offensive when men assume we are all like that. I have a job. I pay for everything that I want on my own. Occasionally my fiancé will pay but I have never, not once, expected him to.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:58 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,978 times
Quote:
That's pretty much my plan.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Back when I was dating and wanted a relationship, I kept browsing if the profile said any one of the following three things:
-Chivalry isn't dead.
-I've been hurt before.
-Nice guys finish last.

None of those phrases indicate anything good. Also, with the rise of Trump, I think I would automatically cross out anyone who identified as a conservative or Republican. That's not where my values lay or the way to improving society.

Had one guy who made it through all my screens and was looking mighty fine until I saw that he said that the man should be the head of the household. I was cranky that day and wrote back to ask him what made him think I needed someone to head my household, being a successful professional and grown-ass woman who, you know, actually owns her own house.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I'm engaged so I'm not on dating sites but I think people who travel are some of the best people. They are very worldly. They have great stories to tell and great photos and have some amazing experiences. I'm a world traveler myself. I pay for it all MYSELF. I think it is a pretty incorrect assumption a girl like that will have you broke. Not all women expect men to pay for stuff. As a women, I find it offensive when men assume we are all like that. I have a job. I pay for everything that I want on my own. Occasionally my fiancé will pay but I have never, not once, expected him to.
My point being even if she did not expect me to pay for stuff if someone likes to travel that is not going to change just because she met me, so either I would be spending alot of time alone or I would have to travel with her, and no woman is gonna want to pay her boyfriends way so I would be going broke trying to keep up.

And I have trouble spending large sums of money on things I have nothing to show for after the money is spent.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Also, with the rise of Trump, I think I would automatically cross out anyone who identified as a conservative or Republican. That's not where my values lay or the way to improving society.
Way too extreme, imo. I can understand not dating someone that loves Trump, but there are plenty of conservative/republicans that are normal people and don't like Trump.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:28 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:

And I have trouble spending large sums of money on things I have nothing to show for after the money is spent.

Nothing to show for it? Ok, so, you don't value experiences? This makes sense for a dating criteria with a person. I, personally, don't care about stuff much at all. I care about having experiences. That is what I want to spend money on. Putting it into things does nothing for me. It's just stuff. I would want to date someone that values that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships