Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 03:06 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh my god, no kidding. Frankly, I'm all in. Two-ply?? It's the little things that mean a lot...
It's the flip side to that discussion in the other thread about outlandish dating behavior that few people have run into in real life--apparently a lot of women have dated a guy who stored clothes in his oven and never changed the shower curtain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 04:15 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Oh yeah? My "fling" guy, the one I found out later was quite the casual lil player man, had something of an obsession with dental health (his brother died of a tooth infection and undiagnosed lukemia combo, so like a year after he ghosted me, I posted on social media about a toothache and I swear he freaked out and yelled at me to get it taken care of, this guy)...anyhow... And he kept a whole series of cheap toothbrushes individually wrapped in connected but perforated clear plastic, much like you get those mini candy canes and they're all attached and you tear one off, you know? He had like 20+ toothbrushes like that. So he could give a disposable toothbrush, to any woman who came over and ended up spending the night.

Seriously, if the guy has something like that, it should be a clue of something...

But then, he also had a mannequin in his living room (that he said was named Shae and he was in love with) and a worm farm in the basement though... And ya know, the dude is very into his organic gardening and making his own food from veggies he grows and everything, so the worm farm in that context makes sense, but still, everyone I talk to thinks he kills women and feeds them to his worms. I would think, if he were into that, dermestid beetles would have been the more sensible option, I mean...really now.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:25 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Mention about height and a man needing to be over a certain height which is most of them lol

Old 02-23-2018, 04:30 PM

48 posts, read 29,344 times
IDK, I would think dating sites would be the bottom of the barrel and never go there.

No money....I just want money.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:41 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,527,368 times
Since photos are the first thing I see, I'll need to think he's attractive.

Aside from that, things that make me swipe left:
- Long and/or ungroomed beards. Ick.
- No profile at all
- Bad spelling or grammar that makes me wonder if you're a Nigerian prince
- "420 friendly" (I can't stand the smell)
- Actually, any evidence he smokes anything regularly
- "I travel a lot for work" - code for "I'm not around much, so it's going to be a pain in the ass to schedule dates"
- "MY KIDS WILL ALWAYS BE MY FIRST PRIORITY!" - dude, it's awesome you're a doting dad. But the way some guys say this comes off as "You're never going to matter," and in reality I want to be *a* priority to a man I'm in a relationship with.
- "Burner" or pics from Burning Man
- Costumes or general ridiculousness in every pic
- "I already had a horrible marriage/relationship once, so I'm never going to do a LTR again"
- Poly, open marriage or "ethical nonmonogamy" - partly because I know it's not for me and partly because I don't believe them.
- Remarks about how women never write back - really, you're going to use your precious character count on this?
- "If you don't look like your pics, you're buying me drinks until you do!" - it's not clever anymore, makes you sound like a cynical prick.
- EVERY pic and sentence in their profile is about activities they may love but realistically only do a handful of times per year (travel abroad, Spartan/Mud run/marathons, climbing a mountain, camping). I can be a bit of a Weekend Warrior, too, but it's not every weekend - tell me what you're into the other 70% of the time, because chances are that that's when we're going to spend the most time together. After all, are people looking for a romantic partner, or a training partner?

Old 02-23-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Mention about height and a man needing to be over a certain height which is most of them lol
I think it's crazy that so many women apparently do this, and that they apparently say that 6'0'' is the minimum. WTF? That's above average height for a man.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
I think it's crazy that so many women apparently do this, and that they apparently say that 6'0'' is the minimum. WTF? That's above average height for a man.
Go check out whatever OLD site you've used, look at the women's profiles, I just did. 50....not one mentioned height. I will concede a lot were extremely overweight, and some were posed in embarrassing positions to look sexy, so...they get what they're advertising for. No sympathy.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:44 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, you're not doing yourself any favors with "feminazi".
Every group or ideology has those who are in the extreme, In that statement I recognized the difference between a feminist(1st and 2nd wave) and 3rd wave(the ones everyone thinks about) the angry man hating stereotype.
When a woman says that she is not a feminist but she still believes in equal rights, she is merely separating herself from the 3rd type mentioned.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Do people seriously advertise for sleep-in housekeepers this way???
Unbelievably, the other day I saw a profile of a guy saying he was looking for a woman that would let him come clean her house periodically. For free. No catch. That was the oddest fetish I've come across.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Unbelievably, the other day I saw a profile of a guy saying he was looking for a woman that would let him come clean her house periodically. For free. No catch. That was the oddest fetish I've come across.
OMG, me, pick me!

Oh wait, I already have that gig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships