Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2018, 04:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
This
- I am passionate about ...
- I am passionate about exercise
- I am passionate about travel
- I am passionate about "living" / outdoors.
- I am passionate about sports.
- I am passionate about music.

IMHO, anyone over 25 who is still passionate about music needs to grow up. Sports is something I dislike so if you like it I will have a child on my couch every Sunday watching something I don't care about. Not a camper so I don't want to be outdoors. In general who is passionate these days? If you are you are lying or have little to do.

I don't want to adopt a child.. who happens to be an adult.

Finally what is with the photos? Some are so bad. If you were trying to look like a mug shot you couldn't do any better. Do NOT take photos with sunglasses.
You seem like a fun person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 11:56 AM

924 posts, read 752,389 times
For me, it was if the guy’s profile mentioned one of these things:

Disliking or being allergic to cats and dogs
Looking for a “friends with benefits” type of situation
“No single moms need apply” (because I do have a daughter)
Being really picky/specific about looks

Old 02-25-2018, 12:58 PM

3,073 posts, read 1,683,234 times
I've never had to use one of these sites but it was fun to read a few pages of input. Most of them are very reasonable. But had I attempted one at various stages in my life, my answers likely would have differed a bit, based on what I learned as well as changing needs.

Meeting a person that seems to fit the perfect criteria can still be a bust, though. You meet up and could find something about his/her personality that just doesn't "jive". I happen to have an immense dislike for know-it-all personalities that insist on having the last word because they HAVE to be right. This may or may not show itself before you meet up, but that initial meet-up would be the last.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:45 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,501,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
How about the classic boring profile, me me me, blah blah blah, ended with "make me laugh".

Yeah...let me get on that
Oh, yeah. I'm a hellacious troller, but the hell if I have to "make (you) laugh"...go hit up the comedy defensive driving and kill two birds if you're that hard up!

I'm pretty sure when POF still allowed that unregistered browsing, I saw at least one poor gal who had this listed:

FIRST DATE
Never been on one

But, you have two kids tho?

Oh, ladies, if you're using "a friend" to write your profiles and this is the result, pick better...because I'm not forcing myself to be around this!

Old 03-01-2018, 06:59 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,496,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Oh, yeah. I'm a hellacious troller, but the hell if I have to "make (you) laugh"...go hit up the comedy defensive driving and kill two birds if you're that hard up!

I'm pretty sure when POF still allowed that unregistered browsing, I saw at least one poor gal who had this listed:

FIRST DATE
Never been on one

But, you have two kids tho?

Oh, ladies, if you're using "a friend" to write your profiles and this is the result, pick better...because I'm not forcing myself to be around this!
Except for the 5k and clean eating, that sounds like someone I'd consider writing.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:39 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Except for the 5k and clean eating, that sounds like someone I'd consider writing.
For me it's the competing with a 4 year old niece part.

The clean eating and running a 5K is a plus cause that means she would most likely be in shape.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:50 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
For me it's the competing with a 4 year old niece part.

The clean eating and running a 5K is a plus cause that means she would most likely be in shape.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:57 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
You seem like a fun person.

Totally what I thought!

Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM

651 posts, read 408,078 times
I find most About Me sections incredibly annoying and pretentious. Most of the time I find it difficult getting past those banalities which I really don’t care for.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
I'd way rather a detailed "about me" section than, "If you wanna know about me, just ask."

Um, no, lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships