Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:14 PM

947 posts, read 3,572,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingfree View Post
These are a bunch of doozies! (http://msn.match.com/matchus/msn/article.aspx?articleid=7446&TrackingID=516311&Bann erID=544657&menuid=7&GT1=26000 - broken link)

The nerve of some people.
A date? What's that? I haven't been on one in over 3 years, then again I'm not really looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 06:16 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Many years ago I almost married someone who almost convinced me he was divorced. There were too many signs that made me curious and eventually, in meeting a few of his friends, it slipped up one night (thank gawd!). I left him so fast he probably had no clue what happened.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:08 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
it's always nice to look back and realize what you escaped..

Old 04-05-2008, 04:12 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
LOL some of these stories you ladies have told are funnier than the ones on the Match article.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:56 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
I found out after a couple dates that his guy lied about his age. Thought it was strange because I've heard of women doing that but never men. He said he was 38 but he was really 40, so I said why bother lying aout only two years and he said I don't want women to think I'm single and 40. Huh?

Another time I met a guy for the first time on a blind date and we did not hit it off. He was obnoxious, lied about his job in a previous conversation and I was not at all attracted to him. We were at a bar, so I decided I would have a drink and a shot and call it a night because he was so horrible. All of a sudden he says to me, I recently went on a date with someone else and I wish I could mix you and her together. Your face and body and her personality! Whatever buddy, yuck!

Old 04-05-2008, 07:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
One Saturday, I was buying new bedspreads at a department store and the sales clerk really begins flirting with me. As it so happens, she and I had a mutual acquaintance, a colleague of mine. I write the check and think no more of it.

That Monday, I go into the office and my colleague, Roxanne, comes into my office and says, "What exactly did you say to her? She's called me three times this weekend about you and once this morning." Finally, against my better judgment, I call her up and we decide to go out that weekend.

First date, twenty minutes into the date, she asks me how much my salary was. Evidently she wasn't satisfied with my answer, for she gets quiet. However, the rest of the night was a lot of fun, with good chemistry, etc. etc. Plus the fact that she was hotter than a $5 pistol on Saturday night. I take her back to her apartment, and she invites me up. We don't make the beast with two backs, but it was pretty hot and heavy anyway. "We're going to make great lovers," she coos into my ear.

The second date was weird and perfunctory. Awkward, even. Don't remember much about it. But we agree to go out a third time.

So, that Saturday morning, I call her to square things up for that evening. She then announces that she has decided, based on my salary, that she can't get serious about me--that she's already identified another guy for her long-term relationship. However, she wanted me as a FWB (Friend With Benefits), and had decided to sleep with me that night.

I hung up on her in mid-sentence.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
it's always nice to look back and realize what you escaped..
Kaching...kaching...kaching!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:44 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Oh I think I might beat you all!

I went on a date with a guy who was significantly older than me. We had chatted a few times before the meeting and he seemed like an interesting intellectual. So I meet him at the restaurant and he looked a LOT older than he said he was. His pictures must have been 10 years old! So since I already was there, I figured I'd just deal with it before we went out separate ways. So we sat down at the table and he told me he had something for me. Before I knew it, he had whipped out a short, red, plaid, school girl skirt and told me he'd really like it if I went to the bathroom and put it on!

I left the skirt in the bathroom and snuck out the back door of the restaurant! Normally I'd just get up and leave right then, but the restaurant was too close for comfort from my townhouse and I didn't want him following me home!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Oh I think I might beat you all!

I went on a date with a guy who was significantly older than me. We had chatted a few times before the meeting and he seemed like an interesting intellectual. So I meet him at the restaurant and he looked a LOT older than he said he was. His pictures must have been 10 years old! So since I already was there, I figured I'd just deal with it before we went out separate ways. So we sat down at the table and he told me he had something for me. Before I knew it, he had whipped out a short, red, plaid, school girl skirt and told me he'd really like it if I went to the bathroom and put it on!

I left the skirt in the bathroom and snuck out the back door of the restaurant! Normally I'd just get up and leave right then, but the restaurant was too close for comfort from my townhouse and I didn't want him following me home!
Okay. You win.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
So we sat down at the table and he told me he had something for me. Before I knew it, he had whipped out a short, red, plaid, school girl skirt and told me he'd really like it if I went to the bathroom and put it on!
Good gawd... A nunnery sounds better by the day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships