Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 10:36 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,896,729 times

Advertisements

the brunette

Old 07-06-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
One way of “dealing with people who need to interject into your relationship” would be to not post on CD-R, leaving yourself wide open for dissection.
Sorry for my snippy comments, I’m sure I’m just jealous.
touche'

Your comments are actually helpful, believe it or not.

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Jade/Kool Kat, i.e. Janel Parrish but taller:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane..._Bratz_024.jpg
I’m not going to try to understand that, my 24 y.o. daughter probably doesn’t even know what that means...which cartoon character do you look like?

17,758 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Jade/Kool Kat, i.e. Janel Parrish but taller:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane..._Bratz_024.jpg
Thanks for clarifying. The picture RbccL posted was a little disturbing.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I take back what I said about you handling yourself well.

I mean, you actually did, I guess, but if these thoughts were going through your mind...
Well I have more restraint than that. I was always told you can have any thoughts, just don't act on them.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:02 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
I was fine by the end of each night after the alcohol kicked in. Loosened me up and I took the comments in stride.

I've had pretty women before but there's pretty and then there's this woman I'm with. She's not the "girl next door look" she's the "perfect woman look".
Wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

/end thread

Old 07-07-2019, 09:23 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Any advice on how to handle these types of comments?
You're a big boy. You should be able to handle the situations you get yourself into by this age. You keep coming across in your threads like some lost teenager in over his head. It's very weird to have a grown man and father coming here asking questions about situations that most people would feel have an obvious answer.

BTW, where did you ditch your kid for your little getaway? I guess he was with his mom? How convenient.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:52 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
I almost put my beer in his face but it was a great micro brew and that would've been a waste. The other idea I had was to hit him over the head with the bottle but I carefully considered that it would not look good to her because she's been around men that had anger management issues in the past and if I showed that, it would not be good. So I politely finished my beer, got the check, and told her we had to leave.
Bars!!!

But I understand. I've dealt with that a few times and it can get tiring. My favorite is when there's a woman who is alone whenever I see her, then if we have a conversation and build some kind of relationship, all of a sudden other dudes come out of the woodwork and want to 'holla'.

I've called a few of them out on it. Roasted them too. I'm talking barbecue sauce, chicken broth and marinade. It was like a stand up routine. Got claps too. In the library. If you want to talk to her, that's fine. But how you gonna just sit or hang out in the shadows drooling until someone else talks to her? LOL!!!

And I almost forgot, in the middle of their 'look at me routine', they always say. "Oh, me and him, we go back. We were homies. We grew up together."

I say something like "Yeah, when we both escaped North Korea." Then they say. "Yeah, we jumped out of that boat and swam out of North Korea."

I then catch them and say. "I ain't from North Korea. We ain't grown up together. Don't try to ride off of MY game."

Funny stuff.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:02 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Right. There was some of that going on but in the crowds on Bourbon one particular person doesn't stand out, too many distractions. We danced in a gay dance club because she said that way guys won't crowd around her too much, but even a gay guy attempted to dance with her. Weirdest thing I ever saw and reminded me why Kinsey said sexuality is a scale. It also shows her universal beauty. Nobody can resist it.
Lol!!! My girl so hot she turn a gay guy straight. I love it.

Next thing you know, here come the asexuals and strictly straight women. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!!!

Old 07-07-2019, 03:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:

Any advice on how to handle these types of comments?

Didn’t you mention elsewhere you’re in your mid-40s? If so here’s how you “handle” these comments: ignore. At your age winning at banter should be something you’ve outgrown. Unless you’re willing to just have fun and not let anything get under your skin. That you presented this (rather dubious) discussion tells me you lack that kind of maturity. Work on your mental and emotional maturity, OP. That’s how you handle these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships