Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 06:35 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
New thread, same story about your dumb Barbie?
Don't you see that everyone is laughing at you? Some voice it, most are doing it behind your back...
Also, this thread is not actually about Relationships.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:40 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,898,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Right?

I'm trying to imagine a grown man actually saying, "... or you're well hung ..." to another man.

The people I know from New Orleans are MUCH more literary than that!
I talked to my girlfriend again last night and she was laughing about the cab driver. As I had a little to drink I had remembered the interaction differently than she did.

He had said "there are only two reasons why she would be with you. The first is your wallet."

Then I asked "what's the second?" (I knew what it was but I was trying to get him to say it).

My gf is the one who said "I think he means the second reason is being well hung." at which the driver said "yeah she guessed it"

I said "well it's both then"

Sorry, the general conversation was very similar but you were right it was her that said it. Just goes to show you people sometimes remember conversations slightly different than they were. It makes me feel better that he didn't actually say it.

She liked that he was persuading me to buy an engagement ring since that's what she's been mentioning lately.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I’ve done it before. I just wait for a safe enough location and tell him to stop and let me out there.
This is what happened to a tourist in New Orleans that went to the wrong part of town:

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...b618c5627.html

The danger is real. I think if I was in SF or LA or Vegas it would be okay to do this but in New Orleans you need to stick to the nice neighborhoods/districts. Getting out in the bad parts of NOLA would be like getting out in the bad parts of Baltimore or Harlem or Detroit. New Orleans is a beautiful city with more history than most cities in the USA and better food but you have to have street smarts.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I talked to my girlfriend again last night and she was laughing about the cab driver. As I had a little to drink I had remembered the interaction differently than she did.

He had said "there are only two reasons why she would be with you. The first is your wallet."

Then I asked "what's the second?" (I knew what it was but I was trying to get him to say it).

My gf is the one who said "I think he means the second reason is being well hung." at which the driver said "yeah she guessed it"

I said "well it's both then"

Sorry, the general conversation was very similar but you were right it was her that said it. Just goes to show you people sometimes remember conversations slightly different than they were. It makes me feel better that he didn't actually say it.

She liked that he was persuading me to buy an engagement ring since that's what she's been mentioning lately.
I appreciate the confirmation.

Of course it casts doubt on all the other tales you've spun here. But your whole situation is rather unbelievable. It's just really way too early to be talking about your crotch cBach.

The point isn't whether NOLA is crime-ridden or how Ubers work or links to pix your girlfriend took. Nobody is impressed that this woman is hot because of how horrible her core personality is, as described by you.

Truly, people here would be really happy that you've found someone you're into if only she weren't such a shallow mercenary princess.

Your stories aren't impressing anyone. They're just sad chapters in this reality show you've willingly signed up for.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:08 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
This is what happened to a tourist in New Orleans that went to the wrong part of town:

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...b618c5627.html

The danger is real. I think if I was in SF or LA or Vegas it would be okay to do this but in New Orleans you need to stick to the nice neighborhoods/districts. Getting out in the bad parts of NOLA would be like getting out in the bad parts of Baltimore or Harlem or Detroit. New Orleans is a beautiful city with more history than most cities in the USA and better food but you have to have street smarts.
I’m not sure how this changes anything I posted in that quite since I specifically mentioned waiting for a location that was safe enough. I’ve been to New Orleans. I wouldn’t get out at any old street corner but if I determined I didn’t want to give that driver any further business I’d be looking for the exit early unless I was already close enough to where I was actually going.

I shouldn’t be, but I’m a little surprised I’ve had to spell this out for you. Sometimes you have to fill in the blanks: it’s a web forum I didn’t think I’d need to outline my entire thought process about when I’m willing to get out of a ride share!

Old 07-08-2019, 09:12 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,673 times
You must have a friendly 'I can rib this guy' look about you. I've had dates tell me they enjoy the way guys get out of our way when we're out.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:16 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
You must have a friendly 'I can rib this guy' look about you. I've had dates tell me they enjoy the way guys get out of our way when we're out.
That’s more fun, (for me) being out with a guy no one’s going to try sht with!

Old 07-08-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I’m not sure how this changes anything I posted in that quite since I specifically mentioned waiting for a location that was safe enough. I’ve been to New Orleans. I wouldn’t get out at any old street corner but if I determined I didn’t want to give that driver any further business I’d be looking for the exit early unless I was already close enough to where I was actually going.

I shouldn’t be, but I’m a little surprised I’ve had to spell this out for you. Sometimes you have to fill in the blanks: it’s a web forum I didn’t think I’d need to outline my entire thought process about when I’m willing to get out of a ride share!
It was a 7 minute ride. Was not worth getting out and getting another ride.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
My gf doesn't like "your type". She dated a cop and said he was too bad ass and she was worried that would translate to him being controlling and violent. She dumped him within a week and he persisted on her so she blocked him.

The fact I have an autistic kid and am more accommodating (I have to be) means that I can "go with the flow" in a lot of conversations.

In the end, I took her back to the hotel room and had fun, so I was the "winner" regardless of the losers I interacted with.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That’s more fun, (for me) being out with a guy no one’s going to try sht with!
So you like guys with zero sense of humor and no ability to react to situations dynamically?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships