Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 09:36 PM

17,762 posts, read 9,215,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It sounds to me like the driver was just playfully bustin' his chops
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well of course he was "playful" about it. Because what he actually did was ogle the girl, insult the OP AND comment on his penis in front of "the lady." All while they are a captive audience inside his vehicle, an experience the OP is PAYING FOR, mind you.

Driver then (accurately) pegs her as a gold-digger and plays into that stereotype. Which she, of course, latches on to.

The saddest part is the OP thinks he "won" part of this interaction.

In fact, now that I think about it, I find it really hard to believe that in these days of dashcams and douchebags, any Lyft driver (especially in a place like New Orleans) would be stupid enough to say the things this guy said. It all sounds made up.
When you break it down like that, it certainly does sound pretty damn disrespectful. But this is where tone comes into play. Only the OP can comment on that. I'm not getting the impression it was a hostile exchange though.

I've never been to New Orleans so I don't know how that factors in.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
When you break it down like that, it certainly does sound pretty damn disrespectful. But this is where tone comes into play. Only the OP can comment on that. I'm not getting the impression it was a hostile exchange though.

That's the thing ... a jokey tone would be key to make the OP think he's just busting his chops. But no man should say out loud the stuff this guy supposedly said. Which is why I think the OP is fantasizing here.

I have family in New Orleans, and maybe this driver was a carpetbagger but the people FROM New Orleans would be much more subtle in their chop-busting. I can't imagine someone actually saying "you must be well hung." It's hilarious.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:46 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,898,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
If I’m to take him at his word, or even put myself in OP’s position I simply tell him to stop the car and I 1) order another car and 2) report him to his employer. That’s how adults respond to these things.
So you would have a driver drop you off in a strange city with a high crime rate in the middle of nowhere?
Cooler thoughts can prevail.

There are two things that can be done. Low rating and no tip.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:48 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Right?

I'm trying to imagine a grown man actually saying, "... or you're well hung ..." to another man.

The people I know from New Orleans are MUCH more literary than that!
Lyft driver: “You’re either hung or have money”

Chadthunderdick: “I’m both”

Driver basically calling her gf a goldigger in front of her. Lol Riiiigggghttt!

Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
The people I know from New Orleans are MUCH more literary than that!
Umm, Have you ever been on Bourbon Street? New Orleanians are fairly crass, at least the "Yats" as they call them and this guy was a yat. If you're familiar with New Orleans you'd know they are usually the ones in the service industry. The "royalty" or the "krewes" wouldn't have a service industry job and I'm guessing you probably are of the latter class.

At the upscale restaurants we dined at, we received impeccable service and they treated both of us right.

Last edited by cBach; 07-07-2019 at 10:03 PM..

Old 07-07-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Umm, Have you ever been on Bourbon Street? New Orleanians are fairly crass, at least the "Yats" as they call them and this guy was a yat.
Whatever you say, Big Daddy. LOL

Old 07-07-2019, 10:03 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
So you would have a driver drop you off in a strange city with a high crime rate in the middle of nowhere?
Cooler thoughts can prevail.

There are two things that can be done. Low rating and no tip.
I’ve done it before. I just wait for a safe enough location and tell him to stop and let me out there.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Umm, Have you ever been on Bourbon Street? New Orleanians are fairly crass, at least the "Yats" as they call them and this guy was a yat. If you're familiar with New Orleans you'd know they are usually the ones in the service industry. The "royalty" or the "krewes" wouldn't have a service industry job and I'm guessing you probably are of the latter class.

At the upscale restaurants we dined at, we received impeccable service and they treated both of us right.
LOL did you read up on Wikipedia and add to your post??? hahaha Stop this is getting worse cBach.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:

This guy was a yat. They are usually working class white folks that speak like someone from New Jersey not the South. I found the guy amusing at first but it got tiring after a while.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
LOL did you read up on Wikipedia and add to your post??? hahaha Stop this is getting worse cBach.
Nope, I'm from that area originally. I can recognize a yat a mile away. Just like I can recognize a yinzer from Pittsburgh cause I also lived there and I've been to Mardi Gras.

Last edited by cBach; 07-07-2019 at 10:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships