Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 08:54 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Can’t have it both ways, either “women get 100s of messages that’s why they never respond” or “this woman is desperate and fishing.”

Point being, if a guy can’t find anyone online to go out with this may be a good example. I can almost guarantee the next guy she picked to respond to as a match, return a message to, or ask if they had any plans, responded with: “Thanks for asking! I do have something going on, want to come with?” (Has happened) or “I’m doing something Friday, nothing planned for Saturday, do you want to get together for a drink?” (Has happened.)

Here’s your Sure Thing guys, (as far as a positive response to getting together) if a woman you’ve connected with from an online dating app sends you a message? She’s picked you out of the mass. I happen to get responses where the guy is relieved that I made the first move. Yes, messaging you is making the first move.
i am working the angle that neither are that into each other; else, the o.p. would be phrased like:
Quote:
when a woman you dont know texts you staying in is that an invite to qwikster-and-chill ?
other respondents have convinced me that staying in is a desperate hint that she wants to go on a date. neutral persons are not checking for hints so she missed an opportunity.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 10-21-2019 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 08:56 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That would go over well with almost no one I've ever met.

Saying, you appear to be "everything I am looking for", that something needs to be done "right away" and indicating taking some time is a "waste of time", yeah, nope nope nope.

Nothing wrong with quickly meeting. Done it plenty of time; sometimes even same day, but let that happen organically and never push. Pushing to meet is a major flag.
I agree that's over the top. When she asked about his plans for the weekend, that seemed like an opening to either ask her out or to start a discussion about interests, assuming he wanted to ask her out or know more about her.

I'm still not sure what one flat conversation has to do with women over 40, though.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:56 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Here's the thing. In my life, conversation does not TAKE effort. If it did, I would not be interested in it. I have reached out to many men. I have never spent one second "coming up with a thoughtful email and trying to engage"... I say what strikes me about them. If it is a miss, it is a miss. (Cute dogs come up a lot. Of course they do. If you put your dog in your profile pics, I am going to comment on them!)
Yes, and I am about to find a rescue dog. Went Saturday to look. Maybe thats the last piece of the puzzle for me. Hard to believe owning a dog these days is what flips things in your favor, but it is what it is.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yes, and I am about to find a rescue dog. Went Saturday to look. Maybe thats the last piece of the puzzle for me. Hard to believe owning a dog these days is what flips things in your favor, but it is what it is.

Please tell me that's not why you're getting a dog.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I agree that's over the top. When she asked about his plans for the weekend, that seemed like an opening to either ask her out or to start a discussion about interests, assuming he wanted to ask her out or know more about her.

I'm still not sure what one flat conversation has to do with women over 40, though.
I think it was just one example. I could list dozens of examples from my own experience.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:59 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i am working the angle that neither are that into each other; else, one would ask the other out.

others respondents have convinced me that staying in is a desperate hint that she wants to go on a date. neutral persons are not checking for hints so she missed an opportunity.
True, but RbccL is right about the woman having taken ythe initiative. That's not extremely common, so I think it shows interest. And the OP seems to be disappointed that the conversation died, so he had some thing like interest in her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post

Yeah, it's a plague on this board. "I had this happen with one/five/ten people", what's up with "all people" doing these things threads.

Most people you meet/connect with aren't going to be a "connection". No biggie. Things like this has literally happened hundreds of times to me. I've been the person on the other side, too. Whoop de do. When there is mutual interest it doesn't go like that. It's no different from IRL. Most people you exchange pleasantries with are going to be just that, a few words, and that's the end of the interaction. Every once in awhile something deeper comes from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Please tell me that's not why you're getting a dog.
It is not. I'm getting a dog because I love dogs and want the companionship. Also, it will get me out of the house.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
It is not. I'm getting a dog because I love dogs and want the companionship. Also, it will get me out of the house.
Phew. Good.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
If you are getting a dog as a means of attracting women, I am honestly going to say you have a Big Problem. That is horrifying. Dogs are living, breathing animals. Pack animals. Love machine animals. They need a committed person. Not just someone who wants a ***** magnet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships