Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times

Advertisements

Ya Wesside and Chiar would fail those tests. The both of them would make her go through boot camp and intense liposuction before acceptance every came into mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdenette View Post
The #1 thing full figured want in a man, is loving her for who she is first. Not trying to change who she is. They want someone who is encouraging and not someone who makes jokes about their weight on the sly. A strong,loving,caring man whose love is unconditional for the woman he loves. That is what a full figured woman in my opionion is looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 PM

180 posts, read 621,663 times
well i am a fuller figured gal of 5 ft8 175 pounds and i dont really care what man looks like, well he has to take care of himself, but i dont care if he is short or tall skinny or fat or anything in between. i like someone outgoing, funny, and caring. unfortunately i tend to attract some really cocky men. personally i am pretty forward and because of the opposites attract rule i tend to like shy guys. i have a fetish for nerdy men, the whole glasses, scifi, history nut type of guy is a major turn on for me. idk why

Old 05-22-2008, 10:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
eww history nerds really turn me off. Sci-fi nerds are hot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey19782000 View Post
well i am a fuller figured gal of 5 ft8 175 pounds and i dont really care what man looks like, well he has to take care of himself, but i dont care if he is short or tall skinny or fat or anything in between. i like someone outgoing, funny, and caring. unfortunately i tend to attract some really cocky men. personally i am pretty forward and because of the opposites attract rule i tend to like shy guys. i have a fetish for nerdy men, the whole glasses, scifi, history nut type of guy is a major turn on for me. idk why

Old 05-22-2008, 10:19 PM

314 posts, read 719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdenette View Post
The #1 thing full figured want in a man, is loving her for who she is first. Not trying to change who she is. They want someone who is encouraging and not someone who makes jokes about their weight on the sly. A strong,loving,caring man whose love is unconditional for the woman he loves. That is what a full figured woman in my opionion is looking for.
What an excellent post-parts are just parts whether male or female. Packaging can change in an instant or over time, but the person inside is who draws me. Most people are looking to be loved for who they are, not how they look. Otherwise we would all be so busy sprucing up the "curb appeal" we could never grow as people.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:16 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by future1 View Post
What an excellent post-parts are just parts whether male or female. Packaging can change in an instant or over time, but the person inside is who draws me. Most people are looking to be loved for who they are, not how they look. Otherwise we would all be so busy sprucing up the "curb appeal" we could never grow as people.
Ok then. All who feel this way, go to the local bus station in the heart of your city and find the nattiest, most disgusting fat man there, make sure he has a good personality. And let's see you happily married. No takers? Ok then. Physical criteria don't have to be '10 out of 10' but everyone has standards. Some are higher than others, no reason to hate someone because they have a sharper focus.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:45 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,275 times
Perhaps what they're looking for is someone who makes them feel sooooo good that they don't need to get their kicks from cookies any more. Perhaps that's what we all want. Someone to make us feel happy and loved.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Perhaps what they're looking for is someone who makes them feel sooooo good that they don't need to get their kicks from cookies any more. Perhaps that's what we all want. Someone to make us feel happy and loved.
Perhaps. But I like the song by Spacehog.... IN THE MEANTIME!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 04:59 AM

314 posts, read 719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
everyone has standards. Some are higher than others, no reason to hate someone because they have a sharper focus.
Wow, this sounds like a little bit of elitism and self importance with the idea of hating someone for their thinking. First a person has to be a "correct" weight/height proportion to meet your standards and now because someone has a kinder, gentler way of dealing with others they lack your sharp focus. Hope the people in your world are kinder to you than you would appear to be to them. I believe the Universe balances things out-good luck to you.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:06 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,275 times
People should be kind and gentle in dealing with people with weight issues - but there's nothing wrong with a bit of honesty peppered with grace! Physical appearances do matter. Personality is important but what attracts you initially is not personality it is the physical appearance. I don't think it's about being self important it's just truth for 90% of people.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by future1 View Post
Wow, this sounds like a little bit of elitism and self importance with the idea of hating someone for their thinking. First a person has to be a "correct" weight/height proportion to meet your standards and now because someone has a kinder, gentler way of dealing with others they lack your sharp focus. Hope the people in your world are kinder to you than you would appear to be to them. I believe the Universe balances things out-good luck to you.
Oh please. I made a very good example above, why didn't you quote THAT? Because it proves that everyone judges based on looks. Nobody wants an obese slob (although after you are married, your S.O. might turn into one). Seriously, go find the fattest person with hair all over their body and no teeth, and marry them. They probably have a better personality than all the good looking people around you. They are probably much kinder, and more understanding... But you will never marry them. Sexual interest has to be piqued for at least a FEW years in the beginning of a relationship, before things peter out and you both get comfortable. I do have a sharper focus, but it just means that I miss a lot of opportunities that others might see and take advantage of. But there are something like six BILLION people in this world, so I may miss SOME opportunities, but certainly not all of them. Being a man, I can afford to wait a little bit longer as well. Yes, I still maintain that looks are one of the biggest criteria in the beginning of any relationship, and survey says that obesity, poor fashion sense, and dumpy appearance is not the top thing on most people's lists of "Major Turn-Ons." You can check that thread, if you don't want to take my word for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships