Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:44 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,870,982 times

Advertisements

I have dated women of various sizes with the longest relationships being with women who are not thin. (Size 14 and size 20). I am fit at 6'2', 190lbs and generally date people who are active. So long as they are healthy I don't mind if they have a few extra pounds.

For the full figured women on this forum, what do you seek in a guy both physically, emotionally, mentally, etc?

I am thinking about going to a full-figured dance. I tend to focus more on a pretty face than perfect body and have always preferred a little extra meat.

Honestly, the woman I date I prefer to have a butt bigger than mine. I am not going to find that in a size 5 or 6 (I have a bubble butt).

Maybe I am wrong but many of the full-figured women I see are with heavier guys. I spend much of my time at the gym, which is mostly thin women but some are more full figured. I also really like to eat and would probably be willing to put on weight for the right lady, but just haven't found her. Until then, I will probably just keep going to the gym.

Other than full-figured dances any other suggestions on places to meet full figured ladies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:51 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I have dated women of various sizes with the longest relationships being with women who are not thin. (Size 14 and size 20). I am fit at 6'2', 190lbs and generally date people who are active. So long as they are healthy I don't mind if they have a few extra pounds.
Okay, I'm a guy, but from having been most attracted to fat women for 26 years out of my life, your post makes me wonder if you really do PREFER fat women. You said you "don't mind if they have a few extra pounds". My opinion is that a true "fat admirer" would say something like "They HAVE to have a few extra pounds... or maybe even more than that!" I say that because that's the way I always thought. Sizes 14 and 20 are mega-sexy, by the way.

Quote:
For the full figured women on this forum, what do you seek in a guy both physically, emotionally, mentally, etc?

I am thinking about going to a full-figured dance. I tend to focus more on a pretty face than perfect body and have always preferred a little extra meat.
Are you implying that fat women DO NOT have perfect bodies? Again, you should think seriously about what you really want. My wife is somewhere around the size 18-20 range and I feel that she does have the perfect body. Are you REALLY physically attracted to fat women, or can you just tolerate them? If you aren't really attracted to them, leave them for the men who are.

Quote:
Honestly, the woman I date I prefer to have a butt bigger than mine. I am not going to find that in a size 5 or 6 (I have a bubble butt).

Maybe I am wrong but many of the full-figured women I see are with heavier guys.
Maybe... but that isn't universally true. At 6'2" and around 220 pounds, I'm not exactly thin but few people agree with me when I call myself fat. I'm fit, though I carry pork around my stomach. Almost all of the women I've dated fell within the size 14-28 range. The reasons why these heavier women tend to be with heavier guys, in my opinion, number but two.

1) Fat men tend to think that they cannot attract a thin woman if that's what they truly desire... so they go after what they can get. And, sadly enough, fat women generally feel the same way... that they can't attract a thinner man if that's what they truly desire... so they, too, go after what they can get. (The testimonials of many fat men and women I've known bear this out.) Now, keep in mind, plenty of fat people are truly most attracted to fat people of the opposite gender... in that case, more power to 'em. Also bear in mind that plenty of fat people, if most attracted to thin people of the opposite gender, have gotten said thin people if they have the confidence to pursue 'em. My wife has a cousin who weighs around 400 pounds, and I believe her husband tips the scales at 125. (They're roughly the same height.) I know a guy from my mom's church who is like 6'4" and must be 350-400 pounds... he's married to a thin woman of average height. Both couples are really happy. I really don't know EXACTLY why fat people tend to gravitate toward each other, but in my experience, this reason seems to be a common thread.

2) A lot of people, fat and thin and everything in between, tend to be most physically attracted to a person who is physically similar to them. I always found myself most attracted to tall fat women with unusually broad builds and way-above-average strength. I am a tall fat man with an unusually broad build and way-above-average strength. I once got set up on a date with this tiny girl... 5'3" and 93 pounds... we looked ridiculous together. I could've done bicep curls with her. In contrast, my wife and I are so close in size that we can wear each other's clothing (as long as it's unisex clothing ). I know I fit into this second category.

Quote:
I spend much of my time at the gym, which is mostly thin women but some are more full figured. I also really like to eat and would probably be willing to put on weight for the right lady, but just haven't found her. Until then, I will probably just keep going to the gym.
Put on weight for a lady only if you wouldn't mind being heavier if you were single. I've never weighed in at more than 227 pounds at any point in my life... and if my wife told me that she wanted me to pork up to 250, I wouldn't do it. I would not want to be that heavy for myself... I know I'd feel like a lumbering lummox, because I get to that point when I'm up around 225. I'm very sensitive to minor changes in my body weight.

Quote:
Other than full-figured dances any other suggestions on places to meet full figured ladies?
You can always use the Internet. There are plenty of websites out there dedicated to fat people and those who love them. All you have to do is Google-search for something like "date BBW". But... before you do that... do yourself, and the lovely fat ladies you'd stand to meet, a big favor. Determine exactly what kind of woman is most attractive to you. Figure out for yourself if you REALLY want a fat woman. If you don't, then don't pursue them. If you do, you will eventually find one who wants a guy just like you. Heaven knows, I did.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:47 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,327 times
Quote:
well since a lot of people on this forum think that all women in Chicago are fat broads since we seem to like the good food that is found here ... just walk outside.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:56 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
I kind of see the opposite....bigger women with thin or average build men. Personally, I'm not thin, but I'm not fat either...pretty much "average" at 5'9" 190 lbs.....my wife is about the same weight, maybe a little less than me, but shorter than me. I've always been attracted to BBWs. I cannot stand the skinny supermodel look....I don't want to see bones and ribs.

One trend I'm not sure I understand is fat white women with black men.....that seems to be pretty common these days.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I kind of see the opposite....bigger women with thin or average build men. Personally, I'm not thin, but I'm not fat either...pretty much "average" at 5'9" 190 lbs.....my wife is about the same weight, maybe a little less than me, but shorter than me. I've always been attracted to BBWs. I cannot stand the skinny supermodel look....I don't want to see bones and ribs.

One trend I'm not sure I understand is fat white women with black men.....that seems to be pretty common these days.
Black men seem to have a much greater appreciation than men from other races for the wonder that is a big female butt. Normally, a nice big butt requires the rest of the woman to be nice and big as well. Surely you've heard "Baby Got Back".

Old 05-19-2008, 08:15 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,424 times
I'm not full figured but I would think that all women want the same thing: honesty, respect, love, and trust.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:20 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Though the OP sounds nice to me, and genuine, I'm puzzled by the intimation that heavy women must be a specie apart and think differently and want different things.

That part is a little sad to me.

Believe me, I've been very, very, very thin and I've been heavy and what I wanted from men never changed, either way.

The majority of both women and men in the U.S. are overweight (I believe 60 or 65%? can't remember the exact number) so I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble finding a heavy woman. Good luck in your search.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Though the OP sounds nice to me, and genuine, I'm puzzled by the intimation that heavy women must be a specie apart and think differently and want different things.
The truth is that they usually do want different things... but that's generally good, and it doesn't have everything to do with being fat. Thin young women who are showered with societal acceptance tend to be sheep in the flock... trend-followers... it's a self-perpetuating cycle. Generally speaking, they are therefore more superficial than fat women. (This is not UNIVERSALLY true, however.) They tend to pursue men who will not detract from their societal acceptance... they never want to get themselves into any kind of situation where there's even the slightest risk that they'll stand out in a bad way. Fat women, in contrast, usually grow up not being especially accepted by society... so they have much less to lose if they pursue what they truly want for themselves. It's often difficult to determine if a thin, trendy girl is pursuing what SHE truly wants... or what she thinks she has to have in order to maintain her status.

For proof of this, I offer you the wisdom of a 6th-grade girl who was in my class, growing up. (We lived in a VERY rich town in central New Jersey.) She was thin, athletic, and thusly showered with societal acceptance. When asked what she wanted in a man, she said "wears nice clothing, plays sports, has a big d*ck, and a nice butt". Note that my best guess is that she had never had sex before. That word would've gotten out fast, and when I was in middle school, I never heard of anyone ever having sex (5th grade - 8th grade).

It's not so much that fat women differ tremendously from thin women in the qualities they seek in a man... the difference lies in societal acceptance and status. There are plenty of thin women who are too different to be accepted into the "in crowd"... they don't have much pressure to conform either.

In the end, all women want the same thing regardless of how much they weigh... a compatible, faithful man of integrity. It's just that women who have little pressure to continue conforming to societal trends (a category into which fall most fat women) will usually pursue those things more wholeheartedly than the more superficial trendy types.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:02 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The majority of both women and men in the U.S. are overweight (I believe 60 or 65%? can't remember the exact number) ...
Actually the CDC's stats claim "only" about 33% (2004) are overweight or obese. Certainly it seems like more...

Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
The truth is that they usually do want different things... but that's generally good, and it doesn't have everything to do with being fat. Thin young women who are showered with societal acceptance tend to be sheep in the flock... trend-followers... it's a self-perpetuating cycle. Generally speaking, they are therefore more superficial than fat women. (This is not UNIVERSALLY true, however.) They tend to pursue men who will not detract from their societal acceptance... they never want to get themselves into any kind of situation where there's even the slightest risk that they'll stand out in a bad way. Fat women, in contrast, usually grow up not being especially accepted by society... so they have much less to lose if they pursue what they truly want for themselves. It's often difficult to determine if a thin, trendy girl is pursuing what SHE truly wants... or what she thinks she has to have in order to maintain her status.

For proof of this, I offer you the wisdom of a 6th-grade girl who was in my class, growing up. (We lived in a VERY rich town in central New Jersey.) She was thin, athletic, and thusly showered with societal acceptance. When asked what she wanted in a man, she said "wears nice clothing, plays sports, has a big d*ck, and a nice butt". Note that my best guess is that she had never had sex before. That word would've gotten out fast, and when I was in middle school, I never heard of anyone ever having sex (5th grade - 8th grade).

It's not so much that fat women differ tremendously from thin women in the qualities they seek in a man... the difference lies in societal acceptance and status. There are plenty of thin women who are too different to be accepted into the "in crowd"... they don't have much pressure to conform either.

In the end, all women want the same thing regardless of how much they weigh... a compatible, faithful man of integrity. It's just that women who have little pressure to continue conforming to societal trends (a category into which fall most fat women) will usually pursue those things more wholeheartedly than the more superficial trendy types.
I was ready to disagree with this, but the more I read, the more I totally agree with you, NWPA. I was/am a larger lady (not really big, but larger than what is considered average here in the US,) and I grew up knowing that I didn't (and still don't) conform to societal pressures. Never felt a need to. In my earlier years (I'll be 50 in a week - ) I was uncomfortable with the fact that I wasn't considered one of the 'beautiful people,' but now, I really don't care. In fact, I have figured out that I tried more things and was more adventurous and took more risks than many of my 'beautiful' friends. For that I am really grateful because I've loved my life so far and I plan to continue loving it.

Thanks for the though-provoking post! If I hadn't already recently rep'd you, I would have done so for this post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships