Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM

681 posts, read 2,878,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I don't think ultra thin with ribs showing and deep set "holocaust" eyes is what any of us were saying. Overweight women don't have the same values as us men. If you think anything of yourself you don't choke down massive amounts of food as a reward, same mind frame as an alcoholic. Non attractive people don't get it. Attractive is a lifestyle not something you do after work at the gym. Its an outer version of what makes you....you.
Nobody "chokes" down food as a reward. We EAT food. Now, I'm going to assume you're not a hypocrite... and that you have NEVER gone to a restaurant to celebrate anything, and left quite full.

Attractive IS a lifestyle, and it is not a number on a scale or tape measure. Attractive is ALWAYS inherent on the outside... true thorough attractiveness depends upon what's on the inside. To whom would YOU be more attracted- a 5'6" 110lb woman who smoked cigarettes, snorted crack, got drunk three times per week, subsisted on beans and carrots to keep her weight down, couldn't spell "fourteen", thought that George Washington was the dude who built that big monument, didn't shower more than once every three days, and wasn't all that happy..... OR.... a 5'6" 400lb woman who didn't smoke/drink/do drugs, showered every day, ate sensibly for her size, could keep pace with the best of 'em on "Jeopardy!", could hold down a wonderful and meaningful conversation, and was very happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 12:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
Why all the stereotypes? I have known many thin women, and I am one of them. Never been cyclic self starvation, bulimic, used diet pills, or work out obsessively. Some of us just CARE what we put into our bodies and work out in moderation because as modern science tells us since grade school it is good for our hearts, minds, bodies.

It is the same if I said all fat people are lazy and sit around gorging all the time, though it is true for some, it is just as ridiculous a statement as yours.

BUT, I have rarely met a fat person who did not, whether outloud or inside, wish they were thinner, healthier and in better shape.
The sterotypes are because, as I have already stated on this thread, they constitute a majority. I have said several times that I'm not talking about "all" fat or thin people.

What I was pointing out, if you re-read my original post on this particular area, was that many people do do what I stated above and yet it doesn't get pegged as "unhealthy" or even wrong for a person to be thin no matter what the means. And yes, there are millions, and I do mean millions of people who do the above in order to "get" thin. I don't believe I ever said "all". I was following through on my original idea which someone else answered.

And yes. Most people wish they were thinner. For other people. They don't want to be called fat (in a "nice way", of course) or turned down any more.

ETA: My mother-in-law weighs 75 pounds more than I. Seventy-five pounds...that's half a person (and sometimes more). And that's just based on the weight she tells everyone, unsolicited, that she is. She never stops telling me how I should lose the baby weight (give me time, lady, Jesus Christ, you've had 37 years to lose yours). She never stops telling or hinting or suggesting what a huge tub-of-lard I am at my weight...which truly isn't all that drastic. One thing that sticks out in my mind was when she took a picture of me with my youngest son and waved her arm up and down to indicate my entire body and said, "Don't worry. I'll crop this out of the picture."

It is so socially acceptable to just accept that a thin person is "healthy" and "sensible" and that a fat person is "lazy" and "gross" that even other fat people feel it's open season at any time to pick on other overweight people. Anyone...at any time. Even strangers--never happened to me but I've heard horror stories of supermarkets and strangers making "helpful" suggestions. The accusation is there: we're horribly unhealthy.

But nobody, nobody does this to a slender person. "Oh, she must eat sensibly." Billions of diet dollars, millions of psychiatrists' visits, etc. say that yes, there is a chance, a reasonably good chance that many, *not all*, but many, many very people one meets are using painful means to either get or stay thin...yet are never being accused of being unhealthy. In fact...they're applauded. The ones who have gotten thin, no matter how, are applauded for being "sensible". The fat people who are dieting are applauded *if* it's obvious that they're trying to get thin--again, no matter what the means.

You say you know many women who are just sensible and are thin. I'm sure many such people exist and that's awesome. That truly is healthy, and great! But I would also submit to you that you may know people who appear to "just be being sensible", but actually aren't. For 12 years, 12 full years, nobody knew my sister-in-law was bullemic. She ate the sensible meal at dinners out, but did eat; she worked out and was cheery about it. She smiled all the time. Not even the very closest people to her knew.

I'm sorry that this has all gotten so OT--obviously, none of this was part of the OP's question--but there has been a run on picking on "fat" people here lately to the extent that it is apparently open-season on heavy-person disdain. Even men are calling other men fat here lately, calling them Jabba the Hut...giggling all the while, oh, it's all just in good fun, etc. I find this very, very sad.

Last edited by JerZ; 05-19-2008 at 01:23 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
This whole thread is full of stereotypes--that fat people are miserable, lazy and lack self-confidence and skinny people are miserable, smoke cigarettes, work out obsessively and are shallow.

I think it's statistically true that people in the U.S. are fatter than they used to be and I think it's also statistically true that as average weights have increased the rates of diabetes and heart disease have also increased. Beyond that, individuals' experiences, both as fat and thin people, and in relationships with fat and thin people, are going to vary.

If you're attracted to a particular body type--by all means, date or marry that type. But to disparage other people based on your beliefs about how fat people feel and act or how skinny people feel and act is silly.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:53 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,143 times
The truth is fat people eat a lot more than they need, are generally attracted to thin people and are not able to be as happy sexually as normal people because they can't feel the same through the layers of fat. Its a fact and not meant to be cruel.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
The truth is fat people eat a lot more than they need, are generally attracted to thin people and are not able to be as happy sexually as normal people because they can't feel the same through the layers of fat. Its a fact and not meant to be cruel.
Are you TRYING to get this thread locked down?

Here comes the parade of fat people talking about how much they enjoy sex, to be followed by the thin people talking about how much THEY enjoy sex and can keep going longer.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,383 times
Wow! For the most part, this thread has been an eye opener in a good way. While I don't condone getting fat just to be fat, it's nice to know there are men who find a little meat attractive! My dear hubby is constantly telling me he doesn't care that I've gained weight since we got married. I was a size 4 when we went on our honeymoon and remember thinking how fat I looked in my bikini! I wouldn't be caught dead in one now but he loves me. And I don't eat tons of food. I'm trying to lose weight but it's just a lot harder in my late 30's than it was in my 20's to lose! To you guys who appreciate heavier women, I give you kudos. And to those of you who are so negative an ugly, I hope your skinny women get fat and then you realize there are more important attributes than appearance.

And to answer the original post....ALL women want a man who loves them for who they are and is not constantly making snide comments about how they look whether they are skinny or fat. ALL women have insecurities and it doesn't matter if they are a size 2 or a size 20. You have to know your woman and make her feel good about who she is, period.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But nobody, nobody does this to a slender person. "Oh, she must eat sensibly." Billions of diet dollars, millions of psychiatrists' visits, etc. say that yes, there is a chance, a reasonably good chance that many, *not all*, but many, many very people one meets are using painful means to either get or stay thin...yet are never being accused of being unhealthy. In fact...they're applauded. The ones who have gotten thin, no matter how, are applauded for being "sensible". The fat people who are dieting are applauded *if* it's obvious that they're trying to get thin--again, no matter what the means.
It's because we have an obesity epidemic, and we realize we are (statistically) the fattest nation on earth. Drastic times call for drastic changes, and that includes our mentality. So skinny becomes sexy, at any cost. Once everyone learns to moderate their eating and exercise a bit more, and obesity is not the problem that it currently has become, opinions will probably calm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Are you TRYING to get this thread locked down?

Here comes the parade of fat people talking about how much they enjoy sex, to be followed by the thin people talking about how much THEY enjoy sex and can keep going longer.
LOL. What city do we go to see those parades?? Will there be sexual demonstrations on the floats?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:13 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Me too, now I embrace my bootylishiousness. So much better to have a confident smile and a round booty, then a forced smile and no booty.
I like that attitude,I like your choice of words too tehehe.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:16 PM

681 posts, read 2,878,577 times
Quote:
Man, you're terribly far off target... I hope you never try to go hunting.

In case you're not aware of this, a woman's vagina and a man's penis do not get larger due to weight gain. If I'm wrong about that, then so are all of the people / companies that send everyone spam e-mails all the time, advertising how they can get thicker. If it were as easy as gaining weight, EVERYBODY would do it. Oh yeah, and as for women, they always talk about how being tighter is better for sex... if their vaginal canal took on fat when they gained weight, theoretically they WOULD be tighter. Again, if having a tighter and supposedly more pleasing vagina was as easy as gaining weight, EVERYBODY would do it.

Fat stays away from the sexual organs... so that whole idea is out.

The only other time I've ever heard of fat having anything to do with sexual feeling, was when I read that women with larger breasts usually have less sensation in their nipples than do women with smaller breasts. I've seen thin women with gigantic breasts, and fat women with comparatively small breasts. Using this theory, the fat woman with smaller breasts should have more sensation than the thin woman with larger breasts.

The only way that you could feasibly argue for how fat people have less sexual pleasure is if you could find a solid scientific argument for how fat people have less nerve endings per square inch of skin than thin people (who have less skin). And, let's face it, if that is true, then what's also true is that a person can run his/her hands around the body of a fat person a lot faster because there's more body to cover... and then the density of sensation per unit time would be the same.

Yes, a nerdy scientific explanation of why your comment was ignorant and uncalled for. You've probably never bedded a fat woman, from the sounds of it... so how would you know that they don't have as much fun or satisfaction in the sack?

By the way, fat people don't necessarily eat more than they need. I had a friend in college who was 5'11" and 350 pounds... if she ate pizza for dinner, she'd usually eat only one piece and she could never fit more than two. She had a metabolic condition and a thyroid condition which made it nearly impossible for her to lose weight conventionally... and her bad knees made exercising difficult. By contrast, I'm a decently plump dude myself... and if I ate two pieces of pizza, I'd get hungry again in maybe two hours max. When I order food at McDonald's, I get six burgers and maybe some fries. Am I overeating? I'd say no. After that meal, I will get hungry again in 6 hours or so... depending upon how active I am that day. How much do YOU have to eat in order to last for six hours until the next meal time? If it's only two burgers, great... it's not as expensive to fill you up. The fact that I need six burgers to last that long without getting hungry doesn't mean that I am overeating. If you think I overeat, I invite you to work out beside me at the gym someday. If it makes you feel any better, I do know CPR.

Last edited by NWPAguy; 05-19-2008 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-19-2008, 02:20 PM

13 posts, read 52,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Other than full-figured dances any other suggestions on places to meet full figured ladies?
Pizza Hut
Jenny Craig
Burger King
McDonald's
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Country Sweet
any all you can eat places

hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships