Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How do you know they are not healthy? I'm a big girl. And I'm not healthy- but that has nothing to do with my weight! I'd like to see anyone go through several rounds of prednisone and not blow up like a balloon. I gain *only* 30 pounds in a month on a good round- my last round hit during finals and I gained 50. And it doesn't just drop off for me.

So that's one thing I want guys who seek full figured women to know. Not all of us are overweight because we love to eat. I *do* love to eat- but I eat very healthy. My last long term boyfriend lost 40 pounds over the 6 months we were together on my cooking (and not for lack of eating I can tell you!)... it just doesn't work for me that way. Calorie in and calories burned might work if you don't have health problems. Sadly, while I could probably lift several of these rude posters over my head and outrun them in a race, that's not going to change my health problems or the fact that some of my problems occasionally need to be controlled by a drug that makes me gain tons of weight.

Also, a guy that says he *only* dates larger women is just as unattractive to me as a guy who *only* dates small ones. I've found plenty of guys who are caring, intellectually challenging, and respectful of me who also act the same whether they're dating girls who are 100 pounds soaking wet or 300 pounds. I don't find guys who talk about smaller girls with condescension cute or endearing either- just because I'm big doesn't mean I'm raising a pitch fork and raiding the sorority house with Big Macs on my nights off.
Prednisone blows big time charo. I don't know exactly what you are going through but I sure can empathize. I know it's a real nightmare for me.
Even though it turns me into demon, a huge ball of hyperactivity, and even when I know I'm on it and am even more fastidious about what I eat still with all the extra activity and smaller amounts of food **POOF!** balloon!!
Having said that, I don't really give a flying fig if others don't get it. That's their problem and I'm pretty grateful it's available to treat me because the alternative is not pretty at all.
I guess there will always be people that don't get it and power to them I suppose. I always figure it's because the air is thinner up there so high in their ivory towers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 09:14 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How do you know they are not healthy? I'm a big girl. And I'm not healthy- but that has nothing to do with my weight! I'd like to see anyone go through several rounds of prednisone and not blow up like a balloon. I gain *only* 30 pounds in a month on a good round- my last round hit during finals and I gained 50. And it doesn't just drop off for me.

So that's one thing I want guys who seek full figured women to know. Not all of us are overweight because we love to eat. I *do* love to eat- but I eat very healthy. My last long term boyfriend lost 40 pounds over the 6 months we were together on my cooking (and not for lack of eating I can tell you!)... it just doesn't work for me that way. Calorie in and calories burned might work if you don't have health problems. Sadly, while I could probably lift several of these rude posters over my head and outrun them in a race, that's not going to change my health problems or the fact that some of my problems occasionally need to be controlled by a drug that makes me gain tons of weight.

Also, a guy that says he *only* dates larger women is just as unattractive to me as a guy who *only* dates small ones. I've found plenty of guys who are caring, intellectually challenging, and respectful of me who also act the same whether they're dating girls who are 100 pounds soaking wet or 300 pounds. I don't find guys who talk about smaller girls with condescension cute or endearing either- just because I'm big doesn't mean I'm raising a pitch fork and raiding the sorority house with Big Macs on my nights off.

It's awful when you have to take prednisilone and yes that can cause weight problems. But apart from that, beautiful though overwieght people may feel they are - overweight is not healthy. The body struggles when carrying excessive weight - the gall bladder has to work harder, blood pressure goes up on exertion. The knee joints and ankle joints suffer. There are other numerous problems caused by excess weight. I only say this because I am not trying to bash anyone - I just think we owe it to ourselves to love our bodies, respect it, feed it the right food, exercise and stay within a healthy weight range.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
It's awful when you have to take prednisilone and yes that can cause weight problems. But apart from that, beautiful though overwieght people may feel they are - overweight is not healthy. The body struggles when carrying excessive weight - the gall bladder has to work harder, blood pressure goes up on exertion. The knee joints and ankle joints suffer. There are other numerous problems caused by excess weight. I only say this because I am not trying to bash anyone - I just think we owe it to ourselves to love our bodies, respect it, feed it the right food, exercise and stay within a healthy weight range.
Okay. The OP, AFAIK, is talking about size-14 women. Overweight but not 300 lbs, for the love of mike! I can tell you that I personally would have to get well over a size 14 for my blood pressure to rise due to it. I was a size 18 immediately after giving birth to my third son and a 14 a month later and for that full following year, and my BP was still 110/70. It wasn't a fluke as BP is taken monthly during a standard pregnancy and then every two weeks for the last six weeks of the pregnancy, then at my six-week checkup, then at my annual.

The extremes of ill health griped about on this thread seem to relate to VERY VERY large women. And that's what this thread has become, as any thread based on larger-than-size-six women becomes...a huge "extreme obesity kills you" rant. It's absolutely unheard of and not allowed for a woman to be somewhat overweight--hearing about this immediately warrants a rant against people who are probably 250-300 pounds, as if the first scenario and the second extreme are identical.

Sorry for the logic injection...feel free to disregard it and carry on freaking out about enormous women.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay. The OP, AFAIK, is talking about size-14 women. Overweight but not 300 lbs, for the love of mike! I can tell you that I personally would have to get well over a size 14 for my blood pressure to rise due to it. I was a size 18 immediately after giving birth to my third son and a 14 a month later and for that full following year, and my BP was still 110/70. It wasn't a fluke as BP is taken monthly during a standard pregnancy and then every two weeks for the last six weeks of the pregnancy, then at my six-week checkup, then at my annual.

The extremes of ill health griped about on this thread seem to relate to VERY VERY large women. And that's what this thread has become, as any thread based on larger-than-size-six women becomes...a huge "extreme obesity kills you" rant. It's absolutely unheard of and not allowed for a woman to be somewhat overweight--hearing about this immediately warrants a rant against people who are probably 250-300 pounds, as if the first scenario and the second extreme are identical.

Sorry for the logic injection...feel free to disregard it and carry on freaking out about enormous women.
Ok tubby.

(joke)

Old 05-26-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Oh I so have to rep you for that JerZ!!!

Now excuse me while I get back to eating my four Big Macs and an extra large serve of fries for lunch.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:58 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,873,399 times
Default moonshadow

Too funny.

There are some skinny women that I see that I am tempted to go out and buy a value meal for along with a shake.

I was talking about size 14ish women, not women who are morbidly obese and have health problems as a result of their weight. A woman with a few extra pounds around her middle can still be healthy, albeit a bit more curvy. I certainly won't complain if a woman has nice curves

Old 05-26-2008, 11:02 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I certainly won't complain if a woman has nice curves
Nice curves or nice flaps? Some women carry their weight very well. I don't know, the fat is more evenly distributed across the body, so it looks sexy. They look soft, and yet still have a good shape. Other women, that twenty extra pounds actually hangs off of their gut or arms like a bag. So these type of general questions are hard to answer, because you'd have to show a picture and ask some specific questions about it.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Too funny.

There are some skinny women that I see that I am tempted to go out and buy a value meal for along with a shake.

I was talking about size 14ish women, not women who are morbidly obese and have health problems as a result of their weight. A woman with a few extra pounds around her middle can still be healthy, albeit a bit more curvy. I certainly won't complain if a woman has nice curves
Oh well you know it's all I think about really!

Actually tis quite funny as I have super skinny friends that seem to spend their whole lives chowing down on junk food, one girlfriend in particular who's very slim and a real darling can't live without her junk food and we always have a giggle because she almost retches at my healthy eating.

I've been all kinds of sizes in my life and I have to say that I was a thousand times less healthy when I was thin than I've ever been carrying a few extra kilos. You really can't tell anything about a person's health from their body.
And interestingly I felt worse about myself as a size 10 to 14 than I ever did when I was bigger.
I've got a girlfriend now who must be a size 18-20 and she's a knockout looking girl, just dead sexy and has a really beautiful energy about her. Men flock to her and I can see why.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,873,399 times
Default It is all about how you carry yourself

Chiaroscuro does have a point as those extra pounds do look better on some than others as some are more proportionate than others.

It is also, regardless of your body build, how you carry yourself. A confident woman is always sexier than one who is not confident.

Your friend who is a size 18-20 obviously has it going on and knows it. Men will always flock to attractive (inside and out) women such as her, regardless of size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships