Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:35 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,869,872 times

Advertisements

DimSum,

In your other posts you seem to think being physically attractive has nothing to do with why people get together.

There's something so bizarre about that question. It's like asking "What do men with brown hair seek in women?" or "What do tall men look for in a woman?" Why not just ask "What do women seek in men?"

Large women are women, they are not like some separate breed. Why treat them differently or view them differently?

Fuller-figured women may have different interests than say a woman who weighs 110lbs and eats celery for lunch. People tend to gravitate toward people with similar interests. Some people watch a movie or bowl for fun while others go run an Ironman triathlon. Everyone is different and that keeps life interesting.

We have a great Mexican restaurant called En Fuego in a Chicago suburb, Arlington Heights. Their chef is like 5'8, 350lbs, big dude. Their advertisements say "Never Trust a Thin Chef."

Granted there are thin women who are great chefs but some of the best cooks I have met tend to have extra meat on their bones, probably much of it coming from their great cooking.

In my experience, right or wrong, full-figured women enjoy food and do not get hung up on calorie counting nearly as much of their thinner counterparts, though I am sure there are exceptions. They also are not as arrogant or look down on people like some of the thinner women you might meet in a club.

There are certainly arrogant and insensitive full-figured ladies out there but I have in general had better experiences dating women with meat on their bones. Plus, I am just attracted to curvier ladies.

Some guys go for women with the perfect body and discount the face while I don't care so much what size you are as long as I am attracted to you (face first). Personality and all that come into play once we open our mouths, though a great smile across the room goes a long way in creating a great first impression.

Last edited by Humboldt1; 05-20-2008 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 12:23 PM

681 posts, read 2,877,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
We have a great Mexican restaurant called En Fuego in a Chicago suburb, Arlington Heights. Their chef is like 5'8, 350lbs, big dude. Their advertisements say "Never Trust a Thin Chef."
At my church, the resident chef's nickname is "Chubby". I don't know her real name. She's pleasantly plump, but the reason for the nickname is entirely different. All I know is that once I heard that her name was "Chubby", I didn't hesitate one moment to say she could cater my wedding.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM

Default Thin Chefs

I would much rather eat the cooking from a woman who looks like she has eaten some of her cooking. I am just saying...

Old 05-20-2008, 02:08 PM

22,158 posts, read 19,210,182 times
Quote:
Fuller-figured women may have different interests than say a woman who weighs 110lbs and eats celery for lunch. People tend to gravitate toward people with similar interests. Some people watch a movie or bowl for fun while others go run an Ironman triathlon. Everyone is different and that keeps life interesting.
So....why not just get to know someone as a person?

The problem with stereotypes of any kind is they hinder and prevent relationship, rather than promoting and enhancing it.

The bottom line is getting to know someone as a person, so why not just start there to begin with and skip the stereotypes and generalizations?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:24 PM

Default some men prefer full figured ladies

This thread was intended to ask fuller figured women what turns them on in men, physically as well as what is on the inside.

Clearly, what is on the inside is very important, certainly more important than the exterior.

Do full figured women prefer full figured men or is this just how it works sometimes? I realize that many couples gain weight together over time. In other relationships only one party gains weight.

Also, I am sure most of what attracts people to one another and keeps them together is common interests. If you are into going out for meals and cooking you probably aren't going to lose weight as a couple unless you are eating really healthy or going for runs after all that dining out.

So, as I have said in other threads it is the initial physical attraction or spark that brings you together but what is on the inside that keeps you together.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:42 PM

252 posts, read 390,538 times
Quote:
I have dated women of various sizes with the longest relationships being with women who are not thin. (Size 14 and size 20). I am fit at 6'2', 190lbs and generally date people who are active. So long as they are healthy I don't mind if they have a few extra pounds.

For the full figured women on this forum, what do you seek in a guy both physically, emotionally, mentally, etc?

I am thinking about going to a full-figured dance. I tend to focus more on a pretty face than perfect body and have always preferred a little extra meat.

Honestly, the woman I date I prefer to have a butt bigger than mine. I am not going to find that in a size 5 or 6 (I have a bubble butt).

Maybe I am wrong but many of the full-figured women I see are with heavier guys. I spend much of my time at the gym, which is mostly thin women but some are more full figured. I also really like to eat and would probably be willing to put on weight for the right lady, but just haven't found her. Until then, I will probably just keep going to the gym.

Other than full-figured dances any other suggestions on places to meet full figured ladies?
I believe that the present day Big Beautiful Women enjoy a Dude with a great "Diving Board"...

Old 05-21-2008, 04:39 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,270 times
Moderator cut: orphaned post

lmao. Very well said.

Last edited by jeannie216; 05-21-2008 at 04:57 AM..

Old 05-21-2008, 05:14 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
The fact of the matter is it is healthier to be on the thinner side than on the heavier side. There is no disputing that. Sure there are unhealthy thin women, but GENERALLY they are healthier than a woman who is overweight or obese. The AVERAGE woman who is the weight she is supposed to be (and not a drug or cigarette addict) will be much better off in her cardiovascular health than a woman who is overweight or obese.

This country has this new campaign of "embracing" people who are overweight. Please. I understand its hard to look at magazines if thats not you. I understand heavy people are ridiculed and thats not right. But, it is not good for you to be overweight. MOST people are overweight because they eat too much and too bad and don't move enough. Its that simple, its pure laziness. I said most, please do not retort with your exceptions or sob stories. If they ate better and moved more, they wouldn't be in the boat that they are. They enjoy life? They can't run with their kids, unless enjoying is merely eating, I consider it a sad existence and a bad role model for children.

No, overweight people should not be ridiculed, but they are putting themselves in harm's way, and of course a more active, healthier lifestyle is better. I read nothing but excuses and justifications on here and it is sad and easy to see through.

Until my health insurance is lowered because I am paying high premiums because of the mass obesity in this country, and until there is some law that the heavy woman can not spill herself into my airplane seat....I feel no pity. Eat less and move more like the rest of us, your health (and children) will thank you in the end, and your quality of life will improve.

WOw,,,, NO CLUE !!! No judging my BUTT

Must be nice to be SO PERFECT

Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
WOw,,,, NO CLUE !!! No judging my BUTT

Must be nice to be SO PERFECT

No one is perfect - but we should all aim to be our best. And be as healthy as we can be. We all have an individual responsibility to do that surely? Nothing to be sneered at.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,603,683 times
Quote:
For the full figured women on this forum, what do you seek in a guy both physically, emotionally, mentally, etc?
Strange question. Are full figured woman a different species than the rest of us? Why would they want anything different than the rest of the population..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships