Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Hey Short? She was singing he praises of younger men. You're singing the praises of older women.

You agree with each other.
I ain't no spring chicken, so I'm too old for some of the young babes. Still, there are cougarlicious or pumalicious women that have less attitude than the younger ones.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
more older men than there would otherwise be. Heck, even my 20 year old girl friend was being propositioned, with some effect, by a 30 something. He was her former English teacher(and his wife was so mean..).

Women in their 40s actually have some resources. They can dress up and slim down to counter the Twinkle stuffed, sweat pant, ambivalence of their younger competitors, and they will fall for some of the slicker boomers.
With all that in mind, your article points to problems with age differences between the generations. Sure, a few will get on well, but it doesn't seem to be the norm if your link is correct.

Quote:
Who would you rather hang with?

A guy like this?
Daniel Vasella - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or this?
I would hope that there are more than those two options out there. I've been off the market for some time, tho, so who knows. I was thinking about this today actually, and thought to myself that if I were single, I would have to change my life style. It wouldn't work out very well if I continued with my current MO.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:45 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Who would you rather hang with?

A guy like this?
Daniel Vasella - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or this?
If I were a woman, I'd prefer the second guy. Much better to have a soon-to-be millionaire computer-game creator than an aging CEO of a company who makes obscene profits poisoning people.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:23 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
With all that in mind, your article points to problems with age differences between the generations. Sure, a few will get on well, but it doesn't seem to be the norm if your link is correct.

I would hope that there are more than those two options out there. I've been off the market for some time, tho, so who knows. I was thinking about this today actually, and thought to myself that if I were single, I would have to change my life style. It wouldn't work out very well if I continued with my current MO.
Hi Braunwyn,

Well the point is many women in their 40s will not blink at a 5-10 year age difference. Even if it 20% its going to add to the supply. It just tends to go in that direction. If only 5-10 % of that cohort is in that field, it adds to the supply women have to choose from. Population drops tend to help older women in the dating market given that skew. In rising populations, when the young outnumber the older generation, it tends to stack against older women who have a large supply of younger women with which to compete. Thus by my computations, gen-X women should have a good go of it compared to other demographic trends.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Hi Braunwyn,

Well the point is many women in their 40s will not blink at a 5-10 year age difference.
This is true. Heck, I'd be surprised if anyone over 20 blinked at a 5 year age difference. I don't see much of a difference between 25/30, 30/35, 35/40, etc. Ten might be a bit much for younger people I guess.

Quote:
Even if it 20% its going to add to the supply. It just tends to go in that direction. If only 5-10 % of that cohort is in that field, it adds to the supply women have to choose from. Population drops tend to help older women in the dating market given that skew. In rising populations, when the young outnumber the older generation, it tends to stack against older women who have a large supply of younger women with which to compete. Thus by my computations, gen-X women should have a good go of it compared to other demographic trends.
I'm lost here. Sorry. I'm not seeing the point because I probably misunderstood the initial conversation, which I thought involved gen-x women having less options as they age, rather than more. Geesh. I'm still too lazy to bother to back read.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This is true. Heck, I'd be surprised if anyone over 20 blinked at a 5 year age difference. I don't see much of a difference between 25/30, 30/35, 35/40, etc. Ten might be a bit much for younger people I guess.

I'm lost here. Sorry. I'm not seeing the point because I probably misunderstood the initial conversation, which I thought involved gen-x women having less options as they age, rather than more. Geesh. I'm still too lazy to bother to back read.

Hi Braunwyn,

I mean relatively speaking of course. Gen-X women have had it good all their lives in this respect. As I said, I frequently saw many of my gen-X peer women with boomers. One was a very attractive cousin of mine.

Just think about it logically. Women will generally date men about 6 years older on average. That spread will wide at the older ranges. Thus the dating pool for women improves with a larger immediate generation before them like the boomers. Conversely, boomer men have it worse since their younger pool is a bit smaller.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Hi Braunwyn,

I mean relatively speaking of course. Gen-X women have had it good all their lives in this respect. As I said, I frequently saw many of my gen-X peer women with boomers. One was a very attractive cousin of mine.

Just think about it logically. Women will generally date men about 6 years older on average. That spread will wide at the older ranges. Thus the dating pool for women improves with a larger immediate generation before them like the boomers. Conversely, boomer men have it worse since their younger pool is a bit smaller.
I hope this isn't true for Generation Y(1982-now). At age 23, that would leave me with a 17 year-old, and I am never going to date a minor, ever. The age range I am willing to work with is between 22 and 32.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
got their running legs cut off in divorce court all three of them

Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 PM

4 posts, read 5,016 times
Default The pain of pursuite

1) man pursues woman
a) woman calls police, says he's stalking her
b) she sumarilly ejects man
c) she plays along, long enough to have five to ten children
1. none are his and cha ching, he still pays bastard support
a. or he can go to prison for not paying the rendsom
2. allimony
a. she was to lazy to earn, free loading off her old man
3. loses his home, he paid for
a. she never cleaned but laid around in luxurey
4. loses his 3.4 vehicles, he paid for
a. she never appreciated but beat the heck out of
5. [EMAIL="b@#$%"]b@#$%[/EMAIL] even gets the dog, he not only paid for he trained
a. by-the-way she beats the dog and refuses to feed it
Its your law. We are your victums. Why would we pursue a criminal?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I hope this isn't true for Generation Y(1982-now). At age 23, that would leave me with a 17 year-old, and I am never going to date a minor, ever. The age range I am willing to work with is between 22 and 32.

Hi pirate_lafitte,

If the age gap expands with age with a mean of 6 years, then when one is on the young side of the scale, inverse logic applied to the principle means... that's right, less than 6 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships