Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
about the men you are potentially dating not doing what you want, they are bad people, they are users, manipulators etc.

Start sending these men my way. When I read a lot of these posts, you seem like a bunch of high maintenance complainers. So I am going to start taking them off your hands until I find one to my liking.

You can post age and location here -- all will be considered unless they are unemployed, or more than 10% overweight. (Yes that's shallow of me, I agree.)
I'd heard things were rough for single women in The Big Apple....but I didn't realize things were that bad.

I picture you posed as the Statue of Liberty with a vibrator raised in one hand, and a riding crop in the other, with a little card that reads: "Give me your liars, your cheaters, your commitment-phobes...."

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 AM

383 posts, read 900,470 times
Quote:
What on earth makes you think I would possibly be interested in you? I am impressed with the inflated self-worth you possess in your fantasy land. The least think you can do is get a job before you run around telling everyone how great you are. I have a lot of outdoor activities too, cycling, weight lifting, cooking etc. but I do them in addition to working everyday. No check comes in the mail for me thanks to a "disability" which allows me to work out, jerk around online and attend classes on the back of tax payers. Gotta love you system scammers who come along to preach how great they are.
And hence this is the reason why you're trolling a message board looking for a man instead of having one already.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 AM

383 posts, read 900,470 times
So by the way, I just want to know what separates you from all the other women out there that's around your age. Why should a man go out with you and not somebody else? You seem kind of greedy, brash and egocentric. Those are 3 qualities that would make a woman highly undesireable for any sane, hard working man. You don't seem so different than the other brash, greedy and self centered women from your area or around the country, so maybe, that's why you're single. Just a thought.

Added, I didn't know cooking and weightlifting were outdoor activities. Must be a New York City thing.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:14 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
women over 40 are in no position to be picky when they have to compete with all the FRESH and YOUNG Chicks under 30

Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRedRain View Post
And hence this is the reason why you're trolling a message board looking for a man instead of having one already.

Quote:
So by the way, I just want to know what separates you from all the other women out there that's around your age. Why should a man go out with you and not somebody else? You seem kind of greedy, brash and egocentric. Those are 3 qualities that would make a woman highly undesireable for any sane, hard working man. You don't seem so different than the other brash, greedy and self centered women from your area or around the country, so maybe, that's why you're single. Just a thought.

Added, I didn't know cooking and weightlifting were outdoor activities. Must be a New York City thing.

The word you want is trawling, not trolling.

I'm not looking for a man currently - I am looking for myself.

This message board is a tool to put my thoughts out there without having to bother my friends and family about my every thought and question. I don't want to be so self-indulgent that I demand their attention day in and day out. Here, people can read my words and comment, or they can pass them by.

You chose to stop and talk to my handle, which is great for me. But it's a bit odd for you, since you aren't getting anything out of it. Or perhaps you are - perhaps you get pleasure from ridiculing strangers online. If so, carry on. But if you need to literally upset me in order to achieve your goal, I am afraid that isn't going to happen.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:25 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
women over 40 are in no position to be picky when they have to compete with all the FRESH and YOUNG Chicks under 30
This is the problem, women 40 + should not be competing with a 20-something year old girl. They are not in the same league, generally not looking for the same things in life, and they each have very different things to offer.

IMO, trying to compete is what put's them at a disadvantage in the first place.

40+ women may have a smaller pool of men to choose from and face challenges as a result, but if they focus on what they have to offer rather than on what they no longer have, I think they would be more successful. They would come across as less desperate and likely find better men for them than those that are focused only on youth.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:55 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:

Please don't paint all New Yorkers with such a broad brush. I'm out on the Island and used to work in the city, and have friends in the city, and they are not that way. Not that I'm defending New York. It's filthy and smells awful. Just that I hate to see generalizations about people.

As for weight and unemployment, there are two things I think anyone, male or female, would do well to consider:

1. Just because they're thin now, that doesn't mean they always will be. I'm not talking about "letting yourself go" and gaining 50 pounds because you change your lifestyle from active to sedentary and start living on Big Macs. I'm saying that illness, injury, and age happen. Yes, age. Very rare is the person who doesn't put on a few pounds as they get older, because things just slow down. So, are you going to dump someone because they put on 15 or 20 pounds?

Honestly, it cracks me up to see women heading into perimenopause slap a low number like "more than 10% overweight" into their criteria, because these women themselves are in for a surprise in a few years, when their hormones go wonky. They can say "not me" all they want, but it's a fact of life. Perimenopause (and later menopause) changes everything. It takes nearly twice as much activity and half as many calories for many women just to maintain their weight when their hormones start ebbing.

Bottom line is that both men and women need to be a weeeeee bit more flexible when they get into their 40s, because lemme tellya, your aches and pains aren't a picnic for other people do deal with, either, and you will get aches and pains in your 40s. I don't care how tight and healthy you think you are now: Wear and tear matters. Also, your 40s are when many genetically inherited diseases and conditions come out, and there's nothing you can do about a good many of them. Some things yes. Others, no.

2. Employed today does not mean employed tomorrow. Not now. Not for most. (Which is one reason I went into business for myself. If I don't have work, it's my fault. At least I'm no longer subject to the chopping block, like so many in the media have been.)

So, set your criteria however you want, but the person who meets them today may not meet them a year, or even six months, from now--and there's no guarantee you will, either.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

Tell that to my 33-year-old boyfriend, whose last girlfriend was a model-hot woman seven years younger than he is. Me, I'm 43, and a "7."

You're right. There is no competition. Brains, well-rounded interests, and inner beauty win at any age.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:05 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Wanting someone who has a job and is not overweight is not picky or shallow. It just means you want an adult who knows how to take care of himself.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:13 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Wanting someone who has a job and is not overweight is not picky or shallow. It just means you want an adult who knows how to take care of himself.
That's a little presumptious. In this economy, there are plenty of adults who are out of work. It's a part of life now.

Ps - Beggars certainly cannot be choosers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships