Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM

166 posts, read 140,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am not in any sect, you assume too much. And you need to study more and stop gobbling down christian tradition on faith. In Hebrew Sheol is the grave, in Greek Hades is the grave, Tartaroo is the grave and a garbage burning pit or a holding place for sinful demons. These comprise 99% of the biblical use of hell. The bible claims this holding place is for demons, not humans.

Christianity likes to use " Gehenna", and claim it means an everlasting tormenting place, which is grossly in error. Gehenna was a place of torment in the valley of Hinnom, southeast of Jerusalem. The valley came to be reguarded as a place of abomination because some of the Isralites sacrificed their children to Moloch there. In a later period it was made a refuse dump and perpetual fires were maintained there to prevent pestilence. Thus, certain christian translators of the New Testement made Gehenna synonymous with their lust for eternal damnation, and many christians today are obsessed still with that same lust for sinners to be tortured.

And they actually think God is like them!

Tell me what you profess to be.?? Are you Christian, Jew or Muslim. I feel you could be muslim., just a guess regarding your responses and or acknowledgements.

Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Yes, Mickiel the Muslim. Your perception is uncanny.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
Yeah and what does all you have stated above have to do with what christ tells Christians in the bible about damnation, and HELL.?

Nobody wants anyone to go to HELL, people send them-selves there
because of dis-belief and self interpretation.

I am going to guess you are muslim, and you believe you shall have 40 virgins waiting for you..??? God does not have pro-creation in Heaven. Sex in heaven is a sin against God and his angels.

Sarah

I am not Muslim or any other quess you need to catorize me; I am not religious and I am not part of any group. I believe in the Salvation of God and that it is freely given to all of humanity, and no christian lust for hell can exclude anyone. Jesus death was for everyone and your religion does not control that.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Hell is referenced in the bible slightly over 76 times, and most of that refers to the grave or a burning garbage pit. Heaven is referenced to over 1,700 times. You can read that for yourself.
Very good, most don't understand that because they never did a proper study.

Like the term Belzabub...most fundies don't know what it means---It was when a competing tribe would yell to the other tribe.>>"Your god is nothing but the god of the manure pile...literally "Lord of the Flys"...You would think that CHRISTIANS would get a HARPER'S BIBLICAL dictionary and look up common terms in order to truly understand the historic scriptures...like the developement over the SATAN figure...who - why and how?

Then you can appreciate the power of ancient writings- You just don't sit their like a dummie in a church pew while some nut threatens you with fairy tales..

GOD does not need or deal in smoke and mirrors or miracles- we are the miracle- the other stuff are stories to frighten children and adults who submit to the power of corruptions of the words and works of Jesus the Christ.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Very good, most don't understand that because they never did a proper study.

Like the term Belzabub...most fundies don't know what it means---It was when a competing tribe would yell to the other tribe.>>"Your god is nothing but the god of the manure pile...literally "Lord of the Flys"...You would think that CHRISTIANS would get a HARPER'S BIBLICAL dictionary and look up common terms in order to truly understand the historic scriptures...like the developement over the SATAN figure...who - why and how?

Then you can appreciate the power of ancient writings- You just don't sit their like a dummie in a church pew while some nut threatens you with fairy tales..

GOD does not need or deal in smoke and mirrors or miracles- we are the miracle- the other stuff are stories to frighten children and adults who submit to the power of corruptions of the words and works of Jesus the Christ.

Well I certainly agree with you there!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
More points of intrest about Jesus;

He didnot lie

He didnot steal

He never lusted after anything

He never killed anyone

He was not prejudice

He loved everyone

He was a teacher

He was a historian

He could see into the future

He had no intrest in political positions

He had a pure heart

He didnot like self righteousness ;

To be continued;
It might be an idea to show some verifiable evidence that he existed before you go harping on about what he was or wasn't. Existence is primary. Anything else come later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
Ok then, well if you dont believe the bible, go read History first then mabey
you will be enlighted a bit about the bible.
I wouldn't mind betting that I know more about your Bible than you do. Oh I can't vomit verses from it in place of constructive discussion like you can but that isn't knowing or understanding is it, that's just being a parrot.

Quote:
I dont understand how an Atheist can refute and dismiss all of History.
I don't refute all of history. What makes you think I do??
Quote:
Really, its illogical, since they exclude biblical history, the historic Jesus, Saints, etc., etc. etc.,...
There is no verifiable evidence for any 'historic' Jesus man-god. The only evidence that can be found for such a person is your Bible and your Bible is not history (although it does contain one or two historic events, people and places...just like many other fiction books do) and above all, not reliable.

Now, as you have sidestepped my question for a second time let's try it again. Please explain why you have chosen to ignore what your Jesus said about selling all your possessions and giving the money to the poor. You obviously haven't done that so I'm curious just how much longer you are going to ignore what your hero said you should do.

I would also like to know if you report theft of your property to the police and try to get it back....and if you caught someone stealing your TV from your house, would you give them other things too?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:44 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Same reason many don't believe in the historic Zeus.

Turns out, myths aren't that historically accurate.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

It might be an idea to show some verifiable evidence that he existed before you go harping on about what he was or wasn't. Existence is primary. Anything else come later.
As you wish;

We have the actual bones of the high priest Caiaphas who slapped Jesus on the face

We have the house of his friends Mary and Martha

We have the place of the skull, golgotha, where they killed him

We have a peice of the actual pavement he stood on before Pilate, the Via Dolorosa

We have the actual bones of Simon the Cyrenian who carried his cross

We have the Damascus gate where they marched him through to calvary

We have the historical writings of Tertullian

Josephus
suetonius
thallus
lucian
celsus
sextus julius africanus
tacitus
origen
the bible
the talmud
polycarp
eusebius
irenaeus
ignatius
phlegon
justin martyr
mara bar serapion
hegesippus
clement
conon
porphyry of tyre
dionysius the areopagite
ussher
paulus orosius

Just to name a few.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
As you wish;

We have the actual bones of the high priest Caiaphas who slapped Jesus on the face

We have the house of his friends Mary and Martha

We have the place of the skull, golgotha, where they killed him

We have a peice of the actual pavement he stood on before Pilate, the Via Dolorosa

We have the actual bones of Simon the Cyrenian who carried his cross

We have the Damascus gate where they marched him through to calvary

We have the historical writings of Tertullian

Josephus
suetonius
thallus
lucian
celsus
sextus julius africanus
tacitus
origen
the bible
the talmud
polycarp
eusebius
irenaeus
ignatius
phlegon
justin martyr
mara bar serapion
hegesippus
clement
conon
porphyry of tyre
dionysius the areopagite
ussher
paulus orosius

Just to name a few.
Oh please!! I'll not waste my time on that tripe. It has been debunked a thousand times.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh please!! I'll not waste my time on that tripe. It has been debunked a thousand times.

Its been proven a thousand times. See you have a habit of asking for things, and when they are provided, you have a habit of stomping on the things you asked for; then you have the nerve to wonder why some people don't want to bother providing you the evidence any more.

They consider it a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality