Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 AM

166 posts, read 140,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The hell here means the grave, and thats all it means. I am not Christian, and your interpitation of scriptures is one reason why I would never be Christian; I would never take part in any religion that teachs humans are condemned to some eternal pain amphlifier, and limit the Atonement of God.
My interpretation of Hell and Heaven is no different then any other
Christian. Its right in the bible the whole New testament. I do not judge, God tells us if we deny him we go to Hell
bottom Line.

Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
.... God tells us if we deny him we go to Hell
bottom Line.

Sarah
What about when your god tells you to sell your possessions and give the money to the poor? Or... don't try to get your things back if someone takes them but give them extra?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
My interpretation of Hell and Heaven is no different then any other
Christian. Its right in the bible the whole New testament. I do not judge, God tells us if we deny him we go to Hell
bottom Line.

Sarah

Well Jesus was quite different on this subject. In Matt. 23:13-15 he reveals that certain believers in God are teaching the limited salvation doctrine, because they want to " Shut off the Kingdom of Heaven from men", or create this hell doctrine and go about populating their hell with humans. Then they convert others to this hell belief and make them " Twice as much a son of hell as they are."

A stunning revelation that is clearly against this effort to teach anything that will condemn humans who are not as righteous as these believers view themselves as being.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What about when your god tells you to sell your possessions and give the money to the poor? Or... don't try to get your things back if someone takes them but give them extra?

Regardless if God tells us this or not, we all should be humble and
unite to help others. Yes God calls us all to be Holy, however this
is expected of us as human beings, depending on our morals and values

Sarah

Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well Jesus was quite different on this subject. In Matt. 23:13-15 he reveals that certain believers in God are teaching the limited salvation doctrine, because they want to " Shut off the Kingdom of Heaven from men", or create this hell doctrine and go about populating their hell with humans. Then they convert others to this hell belief and make them " Twice as much a son of hell as they are."

A stunning revelation that is clearly against this effort to teach anything that will condemn humans who are not as righteous as these believers view themselves as being.
Most denominations of Christians that read and know the bible understand anyone can fall from grace. His Job is done on the cross, not ours.
We are told to have Faith and follow Gods
commandments. The bible has these 2 basic principals. Hell is real,
I have met many atheist who dont believe in God, however when reading
the bible and discerning they will tell you clearly a Christian either goes
to Heaven or Hell. To reiterate, the whole New Testament is full of
Gods consequences for believers and non-believers.

Its that simple.

Sarah

Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
Most denominations of Christians that read and know the bible understand anyone can fall from grace. His Job is done on the cross, not ours.
Oh, so Christian DO still have to work for their salvation.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post

I dont know you tell me ?. Jesus said. Quote " work out your salvation with fear and trembling." Grace saves us, however one must define true faith.

One with faith is following Gods commandments. You cant have faith and exclude the commandments. What sense does that make. ?

1 John 2:3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Sarah

Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Hi , no one works for salvation, commandment keeping is part of Faith
I would have to copy and paste the whole bible to show you.

How hard is it to understand. The Once Saved always saved is just not
biblical.

Acts 1:2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given COMMANDMENTS unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
1 Corinthians 7:19Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the COMMANDMENTS of God.
1 Corinthians 14:37If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the COMMANDMENTS of the Lord.
Ephesians 2:15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of COMMANDMENTS [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;
Colossians 2:22Which all are to perish with the using after the COMMANDMENTS and doctrines of men?
Colossians 4:10Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him
1 Thessalonians 4:2For ye know what COMMANDMENTS we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
Titus 1:14Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and COMMANDMENTS of men, that turn from the truth.
1 John 2:4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 3:22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 John 3:24And he that keepeth his COMMANDMENTS dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1 John 5:2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1 John 5:3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his COMMANDMENTS are not grievous.
2 John 1:6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
Revelation 12:17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the COMMANDMENTS of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelation 14:12Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Revelation 22:14Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
1 Esdras 7:1Then Sisinnes the governor of Celosyria and Phenice, and Sathrabuzanes, with their companions following the COMMANDMENTS of king Darius,

Old 05-03-2012, 11:42 AM

1 John 3:22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 John 3:24And he that keepeth his COMMANDMENTS dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

HOW COULD ANY CHRISTIAN OR NON-CHRISTIAN NOT INTERPRET THE LORDS WORDS ABOVE. THEY ARE PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

SARAH

Old 05-03-2012, 12:14 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
We are told to have Faith and follow Gods
commandments. The bible has these 2 basic principals. Hell is real,
I have met many atheist who dont believe in God, however when reading
the bible and discerning they will tell you clearly a Christian either goes
to Heaven or Hell. To reiterate, the whole New Testament is full of
Gods consequences for believers and non-believers.

Its that simple.

Sarah

Hell is real in your mind and belief , thats the root of obsession with it; the human consciousness, not the bible. Obsessions are taught through traditions and passed down to generations. I could show you many scriptures that cancel out your hell, but your faith in the eternal misery, is something that your faith needs to exist, its strongher than scripture.

And you need it in order to condemn others, which is just another obsession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality