Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 12:18 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick for Christ View Post

What do you find to be a "strange": or "unusual" practice of the Catholic Church?

I'm Catholic, but my husband is Baptist. In his faith, baptism happens when the child is of an age they can say they want Jesus in their heart.

It makes me question why we are baptized at birth. I like the idea of accepting Jesus when you are old enough to understand what you are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 12:22 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Drawing a straight line from the present-day Roman Catholic church back to the four gospels and Acts is the act of a hyper over-active imagination.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:26 PM

205 posts, read 119,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I can't be part of an institution that massacred thousands, women in fields picking herbs!
Or anyone that hides a pedophile rather than calling the police...I left another group because of this 'not calling the police' thing.
I was Catholic and confirmed by Bishop Fulton J Sheen...I was VERY Catholic.

I do like some things about the Church, tho...and how you are raised with a
'bent' towards the mystical...magical things in life.
Bishop Sheen is my favorite Catholic Teacher/ Author outside of the Bible.

I my friend am adding you too my daily prayer intentions. Might I humbly suggest that you pray MUCH too.

I have not the slightest idea what the 1st point you make is referring too? As for pedophile priest; it is abhorrent! However if you think the RCC ALONE has this problem; your lacking information. and YES they should be turned in and prosecuted to the FULL extent of the Law. what began with a charitable desire to protect the reputation [SLANDER] of the priest quickly became CYATRULY SHOCKING!

That said; you have my friend in a sense "thrown out baby with the wash water: and you're accepting the GUILT and allowing it to consume YOU!

NO other Faith; NO other Church [Eastern excepted] can allow you to:

1. Have KNOWN forgiveness of your sin: NO OTHER!

John 20: 19-23
[19] Now when it was late that same day, the first of the week, and the doors were shut, where the disciples were gathered together, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them: Peace be to you. [20] And when he had said this, he shewed them his hands and his side. The disciples therefore were glad, when they saw the Lord.
[21] He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you[This dear friend is literal: they are sent with God's Authority and Powers...READ Mt. 10:1-8]. [22] When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. [23] Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained

AND No other Church or faith can put YOU face to face literally with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. NONE! Zip! ZERRO! Pray about this and READ Hebrews 6:1-8 which is written to inform Catholic apostates of the extreme risk they have chosen to take. This passage refers directly and exclusively to fallen away Catholics.

God BLESS YOU my friend, and thanks for posting!

Patrick

Old 11-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Patrick, you may feel your getting your point across by quoting all those passages, but your not. This is not a thesis or dissertation that requires point by point citation. In fact, it turns people off, and frankly, you may have made a cogent point, but it got lost.

I, nor virtually anyone else here cares or has read your post in entirety.

Perhaps if you just make your point, and if you feel the necessity to quote biblical passages, why not just refer to them with a link to where you are copying them from?
Thank you for sharing your view. I don't doubt that it has real merit.

However this is a PUBLIC forum and those reading my post don't know me personally; I therefore MUST give and provide evidence of my positions, so that it is clearly understood that I AM speaking on behalf of my Roman Catholic Church.

I am a trained Marian Catechist, which is a Lay Apostolate approved by Rome to expose, share, teach and when called to; defend our Catholic Faith.

I really do appreciate your position

God Bless you,

Patrick

Old 11-23-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Patrick, I would just like to know whether the following statement is accurate or not with respect to Catholic beliefs:

(This is, of course, assuming that the man and woman involved are legally married.)
THANK YOU, and I agree you are NOT the "average Mormon"

God Bless you,

Patrick

Old 11-23-2015, 12:46 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I know nuns who disagree with that.

God bless right back at ya.
Yeah, when it comes to human sacrifice and cannibalism, why should only the guys be allowed to do it? Why aren't the ladies allowed to participate in all the fun?

Old 11-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Patrick will undoubtedly give a more thorough response, but that statement is not really true. Sex within marriage must be taken with the openness to life resulting from the action.

Quote:
Sex within marriage must be taken with the openness to life resulting from the action.
As staed it is absoutely RIGHT as well as being correct.

And my friend be assured that it it NOT an invention of the RCC

Gen.38: 6-10 “And Judah took a wife for Er his first-born, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah's first-born, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him. Then Judah [the Father of both sons] said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife, and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife he spilled the semen on the ground, lest he should give offspring to his brother. And what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD, and he slew him also”

God was so horrified by this innovative contraception that He literally killed Onan; BOTH literally and Spiritually!

Ecclesiasticus 15:18
"Before man is life and death, good and evil, that which he shall choose shall be given him"

The Contraceptive industry; which BTW, is a multi-BILLON dollar industry has existed not a whole lot of years than have I. AND I am only 71

Check out the history; GOOGLE history of contraception in the US for example.

God Bless you,

Patrick

Old 11-23-2015, 09:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Their clergy dress funny. And the pope..what's with the hat? And they basically outright worship Mary, which I guess is no stranger than worshipping her Son, but still. And too much ritual.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:19 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Patrick,

You ask what people find to be odd about the RCC, and you do a decent job of replying to most posts. The problem with your defense of the faith is that it relies ultimately upon the truth of the bible.

Can you explain to me why I should accept any biblical claims? So far as I am concerned, the bible is simply a collection of myths. Given that fact, your defense has no value.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:18 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Patrick, I would just like to know whether the following statement is accurate or not with respect to Catholic beliefs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
By the way, it may be OK to be childless, but that SEXUAL INTERCOURSE is an absolute SIN outside the intent to procreate...
(This is, of course, assuming that the man and woman involved are legally married.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick for Christ View Post
THANK YOU, and I agree you are NOT the "average Mormon"
God Bless you,
Patrick
A catechist who dodges questions??? How interesting. Why didn't you answer Katz's question, Patrick???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality