Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Oh man do i hate this answer!!!!!
That is great , what you hate gets in you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Deb in VA: FYI, there are many ancient religious books throughout the world that contains "God's message to mankind". Why is it so hard for Christians to accept this fact?
there are many accounts of what happened to JFK pick one.Thats the one you live and die with.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell34 View Post
there only fairy tales to you because you don't know the facts, and it has been my experience that most of you donot want them either. Now you could prove me wrong.
he who loves his live will...............what .............?

Old 12-29-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraMoon View Post
I would suggest a few things if you're trying to listen to Gandalf. First, turn off the TV set and stop researching and checking facts. Sit under a mushroom and, inhaling deeply, allow your mind to be emptied of all thought. After several deep inhalations, you should be able to hear the voice of Gandalf whispering, "Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh". If you are unable to correctly interpret the sacred words of Gandalf, send me $20 and I, as an ordained member of the clergy (clinks collection plates together), will give you some tips and grant you the privilege of ordering my videotape, "Frodo and Gandalf: Tips for Daily Living", for only $99.95, postage included.
it is not worth taking a chance...........but there is a teacher , guide , who works Free and he is on the web and radio and will send you free CD........any body know him or remember his name?

Old 12-29-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
God speaks for himself...........
With every birth of every human or animal.
Every miracle healing or life saved by strange circumstances where maybe they should not have made it.
With every sunrise and sunset.
With the love in every childs heart.
Gods speaks to us everyday in all things. All we have to do is listen!
....Who was the apostle Paul speaking for? and if you are boring don't post. TheSE statements show me you are not sure what to believe and it sounds strange but I AGREE. CHURCHES AND SO CALLED CHRISTIANS, IN SOME CASES ARE WRONG............MOST OF PAULS LETTERS WERE TO CHURCHES THAT MISSED THE BOAT............

Old 12-29-2008, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And what Book has your Creator spoken from? My Creator crosses over all cultures and beliefs. And my Creator has stated that He is not the (author of confusion.) You cannot have your God telling us we can get to heaven by doing good works, and then having my God say you cannot get to heaven by doing good works. That would make our common God a liar. It all boils down to either one of them is truthful, and one of them is not.
THE CREATOR
spoke through a Jackass in the OT

Old 12-29-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
I did that about 34 years ago. He still hasn't said anything. Maybe he doesn't like my cologne.
...THIS IS THE TRUTH.........I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS ANY ONE WHO BELIEVES THERE IS NO GOD ANYONE WHO BELIEVES IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD....IS ASSIGNED A TITLE BY GOD ...MAYBE YOU DON'T SPEAK HIS LANGUAGE......MAYBE YOU DON'T BELIEVE HIS BOOK. IF you watch athesis develope theory " there is no God ( for thats all t can be)"....you see a developement of thought........agnostics are not called fools ,in the Bible

Old 12-29-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Deb in VA: FYI, there are many ancient religious books throughout the world that contains "God's message to mankind". Why is it so hard for Christians to accept this fact?
sorry you are so oFFended . those other books do their readers build schools ,like harvard,yale prinston......what about Charity, any cripple children hosp in palestine? the whole world needs to get fixed
but some people seem to be better at it....now look at the BOOKS THEY READ. If you are sincere . ...yeh Right, IF!

Old 12-29-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1946 View Post
I posted this "rant" on another thread, and it is rather pedestrian, but I would like a sensible, logical response.

Christianity, or any theistic religion for that matter, just seems so illogical. An omnipotent creator could have designed all things to be in harmony, efficient, without conflict, all beautiful, and benevolent. And why so many? Was "god" so lonesome that billions of imperfect creatures were needed for companionship? When were creatures advanced enough to be considered human? Were neantherdals created with the benefit of souls and the opportunity to be resurrected? Christian theology just doesn't make any sense. Evolutionary biology and quantum mechanics appear to have more logical answers and approaches to the biq questions.
SEEMS FOOLISH.......DID YOU PLAY FOOT BALL, OTHER SPORTS? DID THEY CALL IT THE CUT IF YOU ARE CHOSEN YOU MADE THE CUT...TO TRY OUT.....THEN ANOTHER CUT....DID YOU MAKE THE TEAM......AND DID YOU LETTER........ILOGICAL? I wasn't yours to decide

Old 12-29-2008, 04:51 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Yes, God speaks for himself at every point of Ceation and further from the heavens when he re-creates. The impimented comng to existence of the Word is the realization of something from God. It answers the question what God is from the name of Being something like the image of Man who gabs and gabs and gabs.

Man never knows when God will make creative worth of Man's word for all time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality