Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 04:34 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
According to the Bible, lying is 2 of the 7 things God hates. I always find it oddly fascinating when a believer is caught lying. Like, you believe God is real and yet you casually go about doing the one thing He apparently hates more than all others?
That’s why the world should never trust anyone with the lower case ‘t’ hanging around their neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 09:02 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,469 times
I think it is possible that the OP ask this question because deep inside he is having doubts about his own spirituality. He stiffens his neck and expects atheist to counter attack, which helps himself rationalize his weak position.

OP, you don’t have to fight to preserve your indoctrination. As an atheist, I humbly welcome you to join us and free yourself from the constant fear of hell you are experiencing. With us, you are no longer a worthless retched being unworthy of existence and deserving of hell. You don’t have to apologize for being human and beg mercy from the biblical monster any longer.

We will accept you with open arms.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:56 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I think it is possible that the OP ask this question because deep inside he is having doubts about his own spirituality. He stiffens his neck and expects atheist to counter attack, which helps himself rationalize his weak position.

OP, you don’t have to fight to preserve your indoctrination. As an atheist, I humbly welcome you to join us and free yourself from the constant fear of hell you are experiencing. With us, you are no longer a worthless retched being unworthy of existence and deserving of hell. You don’t have to apologize for being human and beg mercy from the biblical monster any longer.

We will accept you with open arms.
This is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever read.

I was raised in a atheist home

Old 12-16-2018, 10:04 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Perhaps that is why you have doubts about your religion, then?

Old 12-16-2018, 10:15 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Perhaps that is why you have doubts about your religion, then?
Another joke response! Wow post #195! And full of insults and drifted totally off topic. But then this what usually happens on this forum

Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The willful dishonesty of posters like Mr5150, jeffie, BF and other fundies, besmirches all Christians.
...but they always do it! For more than 2000 years they have desperately searched for verifiable evidence for their man-god and finding none, they have invented it and lied about it.

Quote:
I think it’s funny that you used Mr5151 and then insulted me left and right! why are people so rude on this forum?
...and of course, you didn't insult us when you claimed that we are unsure what to believe did you?

Quote:
Do you really think I want to spend all of my waking hours responding to what people say on this thread? I have a life.
Mr5150 speak for 'Damn! I've been cut to pieces in my own thread andI don't have an answer to what I started.

Quote:
I asked a simple question to make people think.
...and then ignored the answers you got.

Quote:
Beyond that I don’t understand why people who claim to not be religious post on a religious forum.
How come you don't understand? You've had it explained to you enough times.

Quote:
Maybe you should read post#1. It makes no sense to me why nonspiritual post in a spiritual forum. They have nothing to contribute
Why don't all the posts explaining why we do it not make sense to you? What are you not understanding? Is English not your first language? Harry could write in German and I could write in Spanish or Welsh if it would help you.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:50 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Another joke response!
You made the argument first. You just aimed it towards atheism without realizing you was also attacking religious posters.

Quote:
Wow post #195! And full of insults and drifted totally off topic. But then this what usually happens on this forum
But you ignore us when we stay on topic. And when the first chance comes along, you go off topic and play the victim. Again. Your game is dishonest, insulting to those who bothered to reply, and rude.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:44 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
"Why do sceptics and atheists post on this and other "

Oh, mostly to let any American theists(especially Christians) know we're still here and still adamant about working to keep you from having any undue influence over government rules, regulations and laws

Old 12-16-2018, 01:58 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:

You mean a non-religious home, right?

Or did they teach you about the gods and how all the gods probably don't exist, even the Abrahamic one?
Was a big focus of your family's life and "one of the most important principles" atheism, then?

Old 12-16-2018, 04:48 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:

It's quite the evangelistic message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality