Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 06:39 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It means they can ignore all the BS you posit about God as a Title that can be applied to anything, which is just a stupid argument that just undermines the very significance you are trying to point to from our Reality as God. It is BECAUSE Reality establishes EVERYTHING that exists and is responsible for how EVERYTHING operates that it evidences about as thoroughgoing a God as there could ever be.
But, what about my fun Mystic?! The "Title God" thing is primo!
Of course it is the ATTRIBUTES that are the evidence for "Reality as God".
But if I argue only that...I would never get them responding about how I must now suppose dog poop, human poop, toilets, dildos, snot, rubber ducks, etc, as God! Their responses are just too great...and now that I have had them for all these years, I'm kinda hooked.
Anyway, more importantly...Merry Christmas to you and yours Mystic. I know how much you love it, and hope you are enjoying it as always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 06:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
All the weight of evidence is on my side. Evidence for atheism? Sorry but talking trash about Christians or about the Bible because it makes you feel good is not evidence.
Neither is talking trash about others' beliefs or non believe to make yourself feel good any type or real evidence either.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:01 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
When you try to dismiss Christians as people believing in "one of the gods" it just makes you look foolish. Atheists have no clue how ineffective their arguments are. The more you do it the more it helps to support the validity of Theism.

So please continue in these "arguments".
So, perhaps you could share with us the people on this forum who have said, "Ah, because of the atheists arguments on this forum, I have seen the light. I now accept god". Go ahead...name the posters who have now taken that position.

I can tell you in all honestly, however, that your posts have made me more convinced than ever that my conversion to an atheistic viewpoint is stronger than ever. Your repeated inane posts have done more to solidify my position than any other one poster.

Thank you for your service.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:24 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Neither is talking trash about others' beliefs or non believe to make yourself feel good any type or real evidence either.
It is JeffSpeak. By talking trash he means telling uncomfortable truths.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:26 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I can tell you in all honestly, however, that your posts have made me more convinced than ever that my conversion to an atheistic viewpoint is stronger than ever. Your repeated inane posts have done more to solidify my position than any other one poster.
DITTO. I won't single out Ozzy, but the collective input of theists across these threads has done more to refine and reinforce my views, than anything I hear (see) from the already non-believers. It's sort of an "anti-testimonial" effect.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:50 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
When you try to dismiss Christians as people believing in "one of the gods" it just makes you look foolish. Atheists have no clue how ineffective their arguments are. The more you do it the more it helps to support the validity of Theism.

You're saying Christians don't believe in a god. In other words, they are not theists. And you're saying it is an "ineffective argument" to claim otherwise.

Your posts often make little sense, but this one takes the cake.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:22 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

Thank you for your service.
Thin about this and maybe retract this statement. Do you really admit that this type of ridiculous inanity influences you at all?
That's giving him credit where none is due
I doubt it, you're smarter than that

Old 12-20-2018, 01:25 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Thin about this and maybe retract this statement. Do you really admit that this type of ridiculous inanity influences you at all?
That's giving him credit where none is due
I doubt it, you're smarter than that
He is simply representative of a type of thinking that I abhor.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:36 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
DITTO. I won't single out Ozzy, but the collective input of theists across these threads has done more to refine and reinforce my views, than anything I hear (see) from the already non-believers. It's sort of an "anti-testimonial" effect.
I think it goes both ways because for some their beliefs are refined with all the handwringing and pleading. It's like holding up a big curtain and constantly reminded gawkers "there's nothing to see here, but please don't look".

"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
Barack Obama's Speech About Gun Control: Read the Transcript | Time

Old 12-20-2018, 04:48 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:

Yes, they'll surely stop because of these bad attempts at reverse psychology that monotheists have been flocking to recently!

1. "Conflating Santa Clause with God only helps theists, so theists should do it and atheists shouldn't."
~//www.city-data.com/forum/53924963-post229.html

And now 2. Comparing the various given descriptions of the characteristics and personalities of the proposed "Christian God" as a conglomerate to other given and imagined Gods put forward (as generalized conglomerates as well), such as the Muslim God and the Hindu God(s) is ineffective, foolish, without a clue and actually vaguely supports theism in some mysterious and unknown way.

I'd hate to break it to ya, but I'll give you a clue, plenty of Christians don't think their Most High God is the Highest God proposed and described in Islam or Hinduism, but that such are non-existent or evil demons or misunderstands of some other kind. So I'm sure comparing the given Highest God ideas as "different" proposed "ultimate god(s)", works just fine.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 12-20-2018 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality