Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 02:56 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,057,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Perhaps God ordered the murder; He is so fond of doing that.
Wouldn't that make him the "Godfather" instead of "God?"

There might not be a cure for stupid, but you can always order a "hit" to take the stupid out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 02:59 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Jeff, you didn't even make it past the first sentence, without shooting yourself in the foot.....

Nope. Wrong. It would be sorta foolish to hold bitterness against an imaginary construct whose very existence is in serious doubt. Just as it would be odd for you to be bitter that Santa didn't bring you what you really wanted for Xmas this year (yes, I am making assumptions there... my apologies if you are a true believer).
Just like it would be foolish for me to rail against Zeus daily on forums yet that's what atheists do every day. Spend hours posting about how God is sick, immoral etc... Almost acting like God is a real entity.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:00 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Typical dodging. I can't recall one time where an atheist answered my questions.
Do you mean this question:

Quote:
No God didn't interfere with the free will of the natives to kill him. Do you prefer a God to force you to do good?
How would one even answer that? "God" either exists or not; personal preference has nothing to do with it.

Or are you admitting that God is fictional and thus we can each imagine Him with our own individual preferred traits and behaviors?

Old 12-14-2018, 03:05 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,057,506 times
Quote:
Just like it would be foolish for me to rail against Zeus daily on forums yet that's what atheists do every day. Spend hours posting about how God is sick, immoral etc... Almost acting like God is a real entity.
But you do start provocative, inflammatory and challenging threads here, so aren't you "baiting" the situation to a degree? It would be like putting bread out for the Seagulls and then complaining they pooped on your car!

Old 12-14-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
The God of the Bible is sick and immoral. To me, this is the proof that He does not exist outside of the imaginations of the authors of the Bible and those who accept it as true.

There are believers in Zeus alive today, but you are right, it would be foolish to rail against them. They are not politically or culturally influencing you or your friends/ loved ones.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
The God of the Bible is sick and immoral. To me, this is the proof that He does not exist outside of the imaginations of the authors of the Bible and those who accept it as true.

There are believers in Zeus alive today, but you are right, it would be foolish to rail against them. They are not politically or culturally influencing you or your friends/ loved ones.
Exactly. Too soon...etc.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:35 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,724 times
Quote:

People have to realize how they govern their families affects others. People do not own their children, simply because they have to support them, and they have no right to impose their beliefs upon them.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Atheists can't even agree on what exactly would qualify as accepted evidence. If an atheist has a personal supernatural experience, the atheist community turns on him like that one neurologist who had a NDE. I think atheists are afraid of evidence.
Why would we need to agree on the evidence beforehand?

If I hold up a pen and let go, it will fall to the ground. That's evidence of gravity. It happens every time. It is not subject to interpretation. It is not subjective. It is indisputable.

If a god exists and decides to provide evidence, wouldn't that god be intelligent enough to provide indisputable evidence?

Old 12-14-2018, 04:27 PM

50,786 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Typical dodging. I can't recall one time where an atheist answered my questions.
Not dodging at all. I've heard more than one x-ian say he is putting himself entirely in god's hands, and then take that back a step when god didn't save him from one thing or the other.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:31 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,273 times
Quote:
Atheists can't even agree on what exactly would qualify as accepted evidence. If an atheist has a personal supernatural experience, the atheist community turns on him like that one neurologist who had a NDE. I think atheists are afraid of evidence.
NDE's are explainable as being the result of various types of brain traumas. The "evidence" indicates that when stressed, often, but not exclusively, by lack of oxygen (hypoxia), brains produce vivid dreams. The "evidence" indicates that dreams are strictly the product of the mind, and are not connected to physical reality. It is quite common historically for people to suppose that their dreams, especially particularly vivid dreams, reflect some supernatural experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality