Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 12:54 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times

Advertisements

Atheism is not a parasitic worldview as some may mistakenly believe it to be... it can stand alone/no host.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 01:03 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Many Christians don't agree with what John Allen Chau did. His heart was in the right place, but a missionary still has to respect the laws and culture. It would be a like missionaries sneaking into the Philippines without a passport or building a church building without city approval. God is ultimately in control and finds a way to make things happen.
So god killed him since he's "ultimately in control". Interesting.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:22 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So god killed him since he's "ultimately in control". Interesting.
No God didn't interfere with the free will of the natives to kill him. Do you prefer a God to force you to do good?

Old 12-14-2018, 01:28 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
What a bizarre post.

1. We don't believe in god. So there is no resentment about god. There is resentment against people like you who seem to think that you have some national privilege that non-believers do not.
Like I said, they would never admit to this. You may not even realize it is there on a subconscious level.

Quote:

2. Resentment against god is only logical for believers who become disillusioned...and there are many.
So you agree. lol

Quote:

3. We primarily "go after" x-ianity because that is the primary environment in which we live. But we also go after religions that require certain beliefs.
Then how come I never see atheists from other countries attacking their religions? Nope, it's always Christianity.

Quote:

4. Most of us (I think) acknowledge we could be wrong. It's people like you who can't make the same statement.
The impression I've always got is that an atheist would rather cut off his tongue than ever admit openly that they were wrong.

Quote:

5. Well, aren't there better things for you to do than post here?
Probably so. lol I constantly question why I bother wasting my time here.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
No, it's a part of a relocation site/forum that seemingly encourages people to share information.
And some of that information may be negative.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:31 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No God didn't interfere with the free will of the natives to kill him. Do you prefer a God to force you to do good?
In what way is a God who refuses to interfere any different from a God who doesn't exist?

Old 12-14-2018, 01:31 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
And some of that information may be negative.
It's all negative when it's deemed harmful to society...that's the end of the conversations as for as any rational discussions.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Everyone is proselytizing and no one is listening, except for the cheap shots. I enjoy the cheap shots because their proof we never have to actually grow-up no matter the age.
Nope. Wrong. Many of us do listen and occasionally agree on limited points.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:45 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You have asked it before...and more times than I care to remember and indeed, you have been given the answer more times than I can remember so it is us that are perplexed that, here you are asking it again.

n.
And yet this thread is up to 8 pages in less than 18 hours. Maybe having asked the question a second time has generated some discussion. I don’t post on forums of which I have no interest. I drive a Subaru. You won’t find me telling people that buying a Ford or a Chevy is foolish.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Everyone is proselytizing and no one is listening, except for the cheap shots. I enjoy the cheap shots because their proof we never have to actually grow-up no matter the age.
Everyone is proselytizing? The, Gabfest, stop it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality