Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 05:40 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Do you think relabeling the forum(s) to a secular title would help? As Transponder has stated many times you guys own this forum as well as the agnosticism section. What's up for debate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Actually, you do. You've posted in the Aviation forum.

You've also posted many times in the Atheist & Agnostic and the Islam sub-forums, yet you're not an atheist nor an agnostic nor a Muslim. Furthermore, given the permeation of Christianity in western society, you either know perfectly well (despite your claim otherwise) that Christianity is highly relevant to non-Christians or you are profoundly unimaginative. Which it is I cannot say, for both are equally plausible.

You only have to look at yourself. A quick search shows dozens and dozens of threads, started by you, with 'atheism' or 'atheist' in the thread title. You're fixated on atheism and atheists, even though atheism has far less influence on the everyday lives of people in the United States than does Christianity.

Finally, as your final sentence tacitly admits, you've asked this 'question'* before.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...lly-forum.html

* - It only pretends to be a question, actually being an insinuation that atheists are uncertain about their beliefs, which is as dumb as claiming that everyone who discusses communism (like you - love that search function) must secretly doubt capitalism.

You're lack of self-awareness is impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 05:43 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
If you say so, but it is marketed as a religion and spirituality forum.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:40 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Is the focus of the forum to explore religion and spirituality, or to rid the world of it because of the snake handlers etc.?
The former is one reason. But I do not see many atheists wishing to rid the world of religion. It is to me sausage what other people believe, as long as it does not effect in a bad way me, my family or the world I am a part of.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:44 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Religious forums? Seems like a waste of time and electrons. Why post on a forum of which is devoted to a subject of which holds no relevance to one. I don’t knit or fly airplanes. I don’t visit knitting or airplane forums. So why all the none-spiritual people on this forum? Uncertain about one’s belief system? Perhaps.

If I’ve asked this question before, forgive me. I am simply perplexed.
Good point.

Also...why should I care about politics if I'm not a politician?

Why should I care about world events if I'm not the planet Earth?

Why should I care about nuclear proliferation if I'm not a hydrogen bomb?

All such silly concerns.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:51 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The former is one reason. But I do not see many atheists wishing to rid the world of religion. It is to me sausage what other people believe, as long as it does not effect in a bad way me, my family or the world I am a part of.
Evidently, how each governs there family/household bares inference on others, so it's never ending cycle unless/until we become homogenous.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:19 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
Rafius, although I believe you mean the cat to represent the Atheist in the image, please remember cats held a high place of honor in Ancient Egypt, and what self respecting Wiccan doesn't own a cat?...

Rep point just the same for bringing in the boxing cat...

Old 12-14-2018, 07:38 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Rafius, although I believe you mean the cat to represent the Atheist in the image, please remember cats held a high place of honor in Ancient Egypt, and what self respecting Wiccan doesn't own a cat?...

Rep point just the same for bringing in the boxing cat...
It was supposed to represent hulsker.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
The OP whines about this regularly. Then he has his butt handed to him and he runs away until the next time he feels compelled to ****.

Apparently p-u-l-e is considered a bad word here on CD. It means:

/pyo͞ol/
verb
literary

cry querulously or weakly.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:45 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It was supposed to represent hulsker.
LOL... Hulsker, your'e now Pagan by association...

Old 12-14-2018, 09:17 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Actually, you do. You've posted in the Aviation forum.

You've also posted many times in the Atheist & Agnostic and the Islam sub-forums, yet you're not an atheist nor an agnostic nor a Muslim. Furthermore, given the permeation of Christianity in western society, you either know perfectly well (despite your claim otherwise) that Christianity is highly relevant to non-Christians or you are profoundly unimaginative. Which it is I cannot say, for both are equally plausible.

You only have to look at yourself. A quick search shows dozens and dozens of threads, started by you, with 'atheism' or 'atheist' in the thread title. You're fixated on atheism and atheists, even though atheism has far less influence on the everyday lives of people in the United States than does Christianity.

Finally, as your final sentence tacitly admits, you've asked this 'question'* before.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...lly-forum.html

* - It only pretends to be a question, actually being an insinuation that atheists are uncertain about their beliefs, which is as dumb as claiming that everyone who discusses communism (like you - love that search function) must secretly doubt capitalism.

You're lack of self-awareness is impressive.
So basically, what we have here is yet another dishonest religious person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality