Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 01:49 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
And yet this thread is up to 8 pages in less than 18 hours. Maybe having asked the question a second time has generated some discussion. I don’t post on forums of which I have no interest. I drive a Subaru. You won’t find me telling people that buying a Ford or a Chevy is foolish.
That's because you do not desire anything from telling other people about buying a Ford or a Chevy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 01:49 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No God didn't interfere with the free will of the natives to kill him. Do you prefer a God to force you to do good?
You make me laugh. You can't even decide if god has ultimate control, or not.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:50 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Like I said, they would never admit to this. You may not even realize it is there on a subconscious level.

So you agree. lol

Then how come I never see atheists from other countries attacking their religions? Nope, it's always Christianity.

The impression I've always got is that an atheist would rather cut off his tongue than ever admit openly that they were wrong.

Probably so. lol I constantly question why I bother wasting my time here.
Twisting another's posts...as you do in your second paragraph, is tantamount to lying.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:14 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Like I said, they would never admit to this. You may not even realize it is there on a subconscious level.

So you agree. lol

Then how come I never see atheists from other countries attacking their religions? Nope, it's always Christianity.

The impression I've always got is that an atheist would rather cut off his tongue than ever admit openly that they were wrong.

Probably so. lol I constantly question why I bother wasting my time here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffbase
If you could make a clear and convincing case that I am wrong, then I would agree that I am wrong. Instead you make various claims based largely on "it's true because that's what what Christians believe." Assertions which are which are easy to overcome. So admitting to being wrong is never really in the picture.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
I wonder if Jeff realizes that few on the forums live in India or Islamic world.

OP if you re.ad the R&S and Christianity forums you will find many of your "good" Christians posting outright lies about atheists and atheism and 8f we did not read or post here those blatant falsehoods would go unchallenged. And some of us live in 0art of the world, in my case Canada, where one is very limited in way of contact with the evangical fundamentalist Christian right of the USA and yet we are still indirectly affected by them, being on these forums gives some insight on what and how some of them think which gives some assistance in trying to understand what they mean in their words and actions.

Christians post on the atheists forum and some threads are very good there when one of them comes over to try to understand why we do not believe what they think is obvious. And the way that Christians bash each other for being the wrong type of Christian, they need no help from non Christians.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:29 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Right. Christian fundamentalist, whatever/whoever they are, are the problem, not the capitalist who own the prisons etc.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:50 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
No God didn't interfere with the free will of the natives to kill him. Do you prefer a God to force you to do good?
Perhaps God ordered the murder; He is so fond of doing that.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:52 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
And yet this thread is up to 8 pages in less than 18 hours. Maybe having asked the question a second time has generated some discussion. I don’t post on forums of which I have no interest. I drive a Subaru. You won’t find me telling people that buying a Ford or a Chevy is foolish.
Oh, so you do remember having asked the question before, despite saying otherwise.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:53 PM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You make me laugh. You can't even decide if god has ultimate control, or not.
Typical dodging. I can't recall one time where an atheist answered my questions.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:56 PM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
If you could make a clear and convincing case that I am wrong, then I would agree that I am wrong. Instead you make various claims based largely on "it's true because that's what what Christians believe." Assertions which are which are easy to overcome. So admitting to being wrong is never really in the picture.
Atheists can't even agree on what exactly would qualify as accepted evidence. If an atheist has a personal supernatural experience, the atheist community turns on him like that one neurologist who had a NDE. I think atheists are afraid of evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality