Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2019, 06:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You remember what it was like when Eusebius was here - and Lifemember Capbell34 before him? And Pneuma on the Nativity? We shall not see their like again.
Sure you will. Omega came back yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 06:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
We Rule the forum by best arguments, not by weilding some kind of Authority - but of course that's what the Christians would do if they could. Didn't they try to have atheists banned from Christianity because they didn't like their Dogma being questioned?
Try? They effectively DID get us banned from questioning their dogma.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:11 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
We would welcome diversity. But the fact is we only get Christians and agnostic -sortatheists here now. We had a few Muslims in the past, but they hate being debunked even more than the Christians do. We would welcome a few different subjects other than the stock Creationist - website claims. We can handle that herd of cats, can of worms or list of religious apologetics, every time. We have seen them all, several times.

You remember what it was like when Eusebius was here - and Lifemember Capbell34 before him? And Pneuma on the Nativity? We shall not see their like again.
Who's the "we"? those who've continuously, hourly, declared their opposition to religion and spirituality? and who have a forum dedicated to their worldview?

Last edited by gabfest; 03-19-2019 at 07:22 AM..

Old 03-19-2019, 07:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Sure you will. Omega came back yesterday.
A shadow of his former self - even though he did try to refute the Cetan sequence that, as Eusebius, he'd notoriously refused to look at. (1). But I merely had to trot out the Blowhole progression lockdown proof of a transitional series of fossils. . It was a "Lawyer cigar after winning the case" moment.

(1) in the same thread as his equally memorable claim that atheists had bribed the world's scientists to lie about evolution being a claim that cats came from dogs because they know it doesn't work, and lie that it claims gradual change within species, because it does.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Who's the "we"? those who've continuously, hourly, declared their opposition to religion and spirituality? and who have a forum dedicated to their worldview?
That's us. Got it in one. Mind, the opposition is to the socially privileged influence of religion, rather than the practice of religion itself (1) and to perhaps to the vagueness and religious - oriented bias of the term 'spiritual', because I see that as very human and even scientifically understandable human aspirations, and it grinds on me to see it half -awarded to some supernatural cause.

(1) an easy to understand analogy is Astrology. We skeptics disapprove. We think it is untrue - for very good reasons. We don't prevent people from doing it, gulling the gullible with it and even having a dedicated column in the press. But we are thankful that 'Your Stars' no longer influences government policy or has to be declared as a belief to have any hope of being elected.

When religion - all religion - is no more extant than that, we'll have won the campaign. If anyone is in any doubt of what the Atheist Agenda is intending to achieve, think 'Your Stars' - no more than that, and no less.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
That's us. Got it in one. Mind, the opposition is to the socially privileged influence of religion, and to perhaps to the vagueness and religious - oriented bias of the term 'spiritual', because I see that as very human and even scientifically understandable human aspirations, and it grinds on me to see it half -awarded to some supernatural cause.
For the record, the idea of "the opposition" exist in the mind of extremist/outliers. It is not in any form the representative goal of humanism.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
For the record, the idea of "the opposition" exist in the mind of extremist/outliers. It is not in any form the representative goal of humanism.
I'm inclined to agree. However, I suggest you take that up with those who oppose us (including one or two atheists, it seems), rather than me and those atheists whom I do not in fact control, organise or issue Orders, Rule -books, party cards and reminders that their titles are due to.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree. However, I suggest you take that up with those who oppose us (including one or two atheists, it seems), rather than me and those atheists whom I do not in fact control, organise or issue Orders, Rule -books, party cards and reminders that their titles are due to.
wow.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:03 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
It may not be the goal, but it is a natural consequence of in group / out group behavior. This is not extremist, this is a natural consequence of how our brains evolved. Police and thieves, politics, football, motorcycle clubs, nationalities.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It may not be the goal, but it is a natural consequence of in group / out group behavior. This is not extremist, this is a natural consequence of how our brains evolved. Police and thieves, politics, football, motorcycle clubs, nationalities.
'It may not be the goal, but it is a natural consequence of in group / out group behavior. This is not extremist, this is a natural consequence of how our brains de-volved. Police and thieves, politics, football, motorcycle clubs, nationalities.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality