Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 04:58 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times

Advertisements

yes, esselque. I am the same age as you are and I found that I outgrew MORE because it is aimed at women in their forties and early fifties (no longer who I am ) . There are so many of us who are just a little older ; there should be a magazine other than the AARP mag which only comes four or five times a year . What might be a good name for it?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-16-2008, 05:13 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,016,545 times
Default Age is only a number.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
yes, esselque. I am the same age as you are and I found that I outgrew MORE because it is aimed at women in their forties and early fifties (no longer who I am ) . There are so many of us who are just a little older ; there should be a magazine other than the AARP mag which only comes four or five times a year . What might be a good name for it?
Age is only a number - I'm 58 and don't feel a day over 39 (I'm doing the Jack Benny thing). Remember - I'm taking all of you with me to white water raft in CO - class 3-4 - so get in shape!! Get a new image of yourself and be that image!!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:15 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Age is only a number - I'm 58 and don't feel a day over 39 (I'm doing the Jack Benny thing). Remember - I'm taking all of you with me to white water raft in CO - class 3-4 - so get in shape!! Get a new image of yourself and be that image!!
I'm with you. I am soon to be 58 and don't feel over 35!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:04 PM

86 posts, read 359,691 times
Default To Adventuregurl

Sorry, folks, I still don't have the knack for doing the "quote" thing, so Adventuregurl I hope you read this. You asked about Anomoly. I haven't talked with her in a few months, but last news was that she left NM and was moving back to Oregon to live with her mother.

Maybe she will read this and check in and catch us up on her new life in the NW.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
Sorry, folks, I still don't have the knack for doing the "quote" thing,
for a windows PC... left click and run your mouse over the text you want to quote, right click "copy"

go to the REPLY window and left click the far right icon in upper menu bar (quote), the HTML command for QUOTE ([ QUOTEstart][/end QUOTE]) gets written into the text window with the cursor position directly in the middle "DON'T MOVE" and right click 'paste'

wa-la... magic !! or... just Left click the Quote Icon below and right, BUT it will copy the whole message into your reply. Please highlight a cut out the stuff that isn't relevant to your reply, for those of us who have to pay by the minute for SLOWWWW dial-up, (I may have to move to town)

BTW, there was a reply from Anomoly a few pages back, seems to be 'enduring' OR, with minor caregiver hassles. (which can seem / be pretty significant at the time and IMMERSED in the activity). It is definately interesting to have to treat your parents like a kid. They don't seem to like it one bit, and they don't mind as well as your own kid !! I'm sure glad I won't EVER turn out like my parents

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 12-17-2008 at 02:50 AM..

Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,340 times
well this is one interesting thread! I am now up to page 40, & learning a bit about RVs & the stars above. Not a bad combo! I didn't realize More mag was geared more to the 40-55 crowd. I am in that range, but my mother also reads it & she's way past that. Two of my friends like it - they are both 64....and I think one of the models that won last year's contest was 62 at the time of winning. I've seen her in a few commercials since. Ahh well, age is truly a number, unless you live here in the (great?) northeast! Every year I get older is every year that I absolutely hate winter more than the year before! (there's a song in there somewhere!)

Old 12-17-2008, 09:22 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
Every year I get older is every year that I absolutely hate winter more than the year before! (there's a song in there somewhere!)

I absolutely agree. I just feel the cold going all through me now. And, I went to school in Northern WIsconsin where we would walk around sans hats and gloves ( too uncool) and the time & temperature clock would say MINUS 23 degrees. We just didn't notice, I guess.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-18-2008, 11:47 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,047,044 times
Default Speaking of age.........

I turned 70 this past July and guess I'm the oldest participant on this topic and as I type this....... it's snowing hard and heavy outside .... all the more reason to be thinking of moving to the tropics

Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,017,257 times
Interesting how people differ, especially as they age. I am in Arizona and each summer I find the heat getting more and more unbearable. I enjoy being outdoors and it is now to the point that I feel like I can't move or breath for six months of the year: heat, dust, dry air that sort of splits your skin, lips, hair like razor blades. At least when it is cold (we are getting snow today in the AZ mountains where I live) I can put on a coat and still go for a walk. But, to each his or her own

Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Interesting how people differ, especially as they age. I am in Arizona and each summer I find the heat getting more and more unbearable. I enjoy being outdoors and it is now to the point that I feel like I can't move or breath for six months of the year: heat, dust, dry air that sort of splits your skin, lips, hair like razor blades. At least when it is cold (we are getting snow today in the AZ mountains where I live) I can put on a coat and still go for a walk. But, to each his or her own
I live in south Florida where it is SO hot for about 7 months of the year. Oh, and did I mention the humidity and chance of hurricanes. I feel like I hibernate during those hot months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement