Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 04:11 PM

304 posts, read 1,433,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clff4u View Post
New to this blog, but it seems that there are a lot of people with much more info than I can get.
First off I could not do my regular claim on line today and had to call in for claiming benefits.
The original date of my claim was April 23, 2008. in NJ
I've only been in Tier 2 for 5 weeks and today I was notified on the phone (by recording) that after 52 weeks I was no longer eligible for anymore benefits, even though last week my check stub had a remaining benefits balance of $5,000.00, and I was eligible for EB benifits after tier 2 . I guess my question is to anyone that can help or has experienced this is "Am I dead in the water or is there hope for me". Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

this is just a guess....because I am not sure how NJ's unemployment is but it might just be something as simple as applying for a new benefit year to see if you qualify for a new year or get denied and your tier 2 will then continue on maybe....there are NJ forums where I am sure they would have better answers for your questions. Good Luck!
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...-new-post.html

Last edited by michiganmom2008; 04-30-2009 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 06:49 AM

5 posts, read 15,744 times
hey michiganmom,did michigan for-go the benefit year ending rule for the extended benefits?? i assume they did because one of your reports said yours ending in dec. mine is 1-10-09.i filed for eb online 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing, no letter and no amount from marvin!!also has any-one from mich. seen their $75.00 back pay from the $25.00 a week increase??thanksmike

Old 05-01-2009, 08:00 AM

Mike....I have not received the back pay as of yet and did you call the Unemployment office and make sure your EB Claim was filed with them? There has been some problems with processing them and some of us have had to call and double check that they have it. I would call them today and make sure they have it. When do you call marvin again?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 AM

i called this pass wed- no amount the usually if you are eligible- bah bah bah... i call again on the 13th.. i called and got thru once earlier in the week and they said they had my claim. how-ever she sounded like one of the new-hire's they put on recently..about the benefit year rule? do i need worry about that?
thanks you really are a bunch of help on this board!
mike

Old 05-01-2009, 09:17 AM

UPDATE!!! just got off the phone with mich.uia, spoke with a very nice lady Kimberely, my claim was just setting there not being processed, so she processed it for me and issued payment for the 2 weeks...AWESOME!!! just like michiganmom said: call call call.. no problem with the benefit year ending date either... fyi wait time was 33 minutes.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike from mi View Post
UPDATE!!! just got off the phone with mich.uia, spoke with a very nice lady Kimberely, my claim was just setting there not being processed, so she processed it for me and issued payment for the 2 weeks...AWESOME!!! just like michiganmom said: call call call.. no problem with the benefit year ending date either... fyi wait time was 33 minutes.

Thats GREAT Mike! I know the wait is a pain but in the end it is worth it. It is also worth it to make that 2nd call if you think something isnt right to get another person and double check the info they give you.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:30 PM

3 posts, read 7,698 times
Default Is Indiana changing their IUR to TUR

Hey folks, I am really desperate to know if Indiana is changing their Insured Unemployment Rate to Total Unemployment Rate. The reason for the desperation is that EB benefits will terminate on June 14th after the IUR drops below 5%. I have heard that they were going to change, but so far, nothing has. If they do change, then the benefits will stay on and increase from 13 weeks to 20 weeks. Someone, please let me know something, thanks.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,052 times
Default Indiana EB

I spoke with rep at IN dept of worforce on thursday, she stated that I was inelgilble for EB due to my UI end date was over a year. I read in news that Gov Mitch is suppose to sign HB 1379 and I think it will change elgibility rules. I ran out or extension tier 2 on April 11th and have received nothing else. I continue to look for work, nothing here in NW Indiana. My husband's company is laying him off in August. So now what?????Anyone with more infor on EB in Indiana, please let me know.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:49 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,920 times
I really think you should be calling your State Representative's office! For (2) reasons.

One they keep a log of hot button issues. ( When i worked at one of the U.S. Senate Offices i kept track of all hot button issue calls.) This translates into your Rep. knowing how important an issue is to his/her voters!

Two: His/Her Office will know if they have changed your state's rules!! Faster than the media or us reading the newspaper!!

good luck!

p.s. but keep the call brief... ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony261 View Post
Hey folks, I am really desperate to know if I
ndiana is changing their Insured Unemployment Rate to Total Unemployment Rate. The reason for the desperation is that EB benefits will terminate on June 14th after the IUR drops below 5%. I have heard that they were going to change, but so far, nothing has. If they do change, then the benefits will stay on and increase from 13 weeks to 20 weeks. Someone, please let me know something, thanks.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,020 times
I live in washington state and my euc tier 2 benefits ran out now 3 weeks ago and since my benefit year ended jan 28 09 and the state eb benefits thats 20 weeks now was 13 they just raised that . the qualification for it is that you have to run out of euc on or after feb 21 09 so that means i dont get them , the eb unit says there is a bill in the legislation to get us into the the benefit year but no one has seen the results and the leg ended april 26 09 what does the goverment think we can eat dirt and pay bills with rocks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment