Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 12:27 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
Children of the Dafoa's turning the "horror experience" into an internet game show, pay per view video, and contest-for-profit is not entirely convincing case against the Amityville Hoax.
Yet people still wanna believe, LOL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 06:11 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Sexual energy is supposed to be a very powerful force, which is why it is used in some forms of magic.
Indeed it is.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:35 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." - Jesus

I believe, as others have stated, that the Defeo family murder was the result of a very troubled young man. A man who was also the object of demonic attack.

I also think that there were probably some less effective demonic attacks after the Lutzes moved into the house. It was not the result of a "haunted house." But the fact that they discussed it and talked about the disturbances, it was a way of drawing attention to themselves. Spirits may have tried to place the same "destructive" thoughts into George Lutz's mind, but it was not effective. Then the spirits "played" with them or did their usual mischief. Some of the things described in the book could have happened. Whether it was real or imagined doesn't really matter. The mind can play tricks on the senses, especially one plagued in this way. The Lutzes might have even made some stuff up. But I still think that they experienced something strange and frightening. I have watched several video interviews with the Lutzes and I believe they are honest for the most part.

Some people are skeptical because of a lack of similar reports from subsequent residents/visitors to the house. But that is because I think the whole idea of a haunted house is a deception to begin with. It makes sense that later dwellers of the house might not have noticed anything unusual. Demons attack people, not things.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:41 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." - Jesus

I believe, as others have stated, that the Defeo family murder was the result of a very troubled young man. A man who was also the object of demonic attack.

I also think that there were probably some less effective demonic attacks after the Lutzes moved into the house. It was not the result of a "haunted house." But the fact that they discussed it and talked about the disturbances, it was a way of drawing attention to themselves. Spirits may have tried to place the same "destructive" thoughts into George Lutz's mind, but it was not effective. Then the spirits "played" with them or did their usual mischief. Some of the things described in the book could have happened. Whether it was real or imagined doesn't really matter. The mind can play tricks on the senses, especially one plagued in this way. The Lutzes might have even made some stuff up. But I still think that they experienced something strange and frightening. I have watched several video interviews with the Lutzes and I believe they are honest for the most part.

Some people are skeptical because of a lack of similar reports from subsequent residents/visitors to the house. But that is because I think the whole idea of a haunted house is a deception to begin with. It makes sense that later dwellers of the house might not have noticed anything unusual. Demons attack people, not things.
Living things, animals as described in the Bible.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Not all people who have lived in the home since the Lutzes left have had a peaceful time of it.
Because the owners of the house since then are a matter of public record, I am a bit hesitant to say anything about a particular family, but I have heard, from sources I deem reliable, that one family in particular was involved in "black magic" or "Satanic worship."

I have said from my first post that I do not think that the Lutz family was "squeaky clean" from the beginning. The De Feo family was not either.

Could there be a middle ground? Could the Lutz's have exaggerated their experiences to make for a more sensational book and movie, but still have had unnatural experiences in that home?
I think that many accounts of real life events, including but not limited to the paranormal, are exaggerated, or dramatized to some degree. That does not render them false.

I have said it before and I will say it again, no "normal" person, by any definition that I have would want to live on that property after those murders. Not one.
And anyone who purchases the house, is in some way open to the notoriety that is attached to that home. There will always be cars that drive slowly past your house, gawkers, out of town people taking pictures, kids on Halloween, and worse.

I would prefer to live in a home where no murder took place and that is not a household word.
Any normal person would. Further, a house where an entire family was murdered, including children and teenagers, is not in my estimation a suitable family home. I don't care what the price is, I would not ever be comfortable living there, paranormal activity and events aside.

I am curious - If any of you were offered the opportunity to live in that house, mortgage free for a year - would you take it? If you had children would that be OK to you?

Old 05-08-2012, 02:04 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am curious - If any of you were offered the opportunity to live in that house, mortgage free for a year - would you take it? If you had children would that be OK to you?
Yeah probably. I have deliberately stayed in supposedly haunted places just to see if anything would happen. I have stayed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado on three separate occasions and requested haunted rooms. I even asked the spooks to do something....repeatedly. What happened? Nothing. I was disappointed.

Last edited by Fullback32; 05-08-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Old 05-08-2012, 02:37 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Not all people who have lived in the home since the Lutzes left have had a peaceful time of it.
Because the owners of the house since then are a matter of public record, I am a bit hesitant to say anything about a particular family, but I have heard, from sources I deem reliable, that one family in particular was involved in "black magic" or "Satanic worship."

I have said from my first post that I do not think that the Lutz family was "squeaky clean" from the beginning. The De Feo family was not either.

Could there be a middle ground? Could the Lutz's have exaggerated their experiences to make for a more sensational book and movie, but still have had unnatural experiences in that home?
I think that many accounts of real life events, including but not limited to the paranormal, are exaggerated, or dramatized to some degree. That does not render them false.

I have said it before and I will say it again, no "normal" person, by any definition that I have would want to live on that property after those murders. Not one.
And anyone who purchases the house, is in some way open to the notoriety that is attached to that home. There will always be cars that drive slowly past your house, gawkers, out of town people taking pictures, kids on Halloween, and worse.

I would prefer to live in a home where no murder took place and that is not a household word.
Any normal person would. Further, a house where an entire family was murdered, including children and teenagers, is not in my estimation a suitable family home. I don't care what the price is, I would not ever be comfortable living there, paranormal activity and events aside.

NO, I would not!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
I saw that house up for sale a couple of years ago for under $1 million.

I've driven past that house. I am no paranormal expert of clairvoyant, but there is definitely something "wrong" (kind of how you know you get a bad feeling in your gut about a certain place).

Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I saw that house up for sale a couple of years ago for under $1 million.

I've driven past that house. I am no paranormal expert of clairvoyant, but there is definitely something "wrong" (kind of how you know you get a bad feeling in your gut about a certain place).
Yeah there is. There is something very wrong.

I'm not sure what you picked up, but I've been near it several times, and had the same exact feeling.

It could be knowledge of what happened there, and it could be that you picked up the residual energy of the murders or of something else. What ever, it is not good.

I thought the asking price was 1.5 million? I saw it on MLSLI (Multiple Listing Service of LI) and saw the interior as well.

It looked nice. But I would not live there.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Yeah probably. I have deliberately stayed in supposedly haunted places just to see if anything would happen. I have stayed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado on three separate occasions and requested haunted rooms. I even asked the spooks to do something....repeatedly. What happened? Nothing. I was disappointed.
My question was not if you would spend the night, or investigate activity there. It was would you want to LIVE there, call the place your home?

I have visited paranormal places and a few of the most haunted places in the world. But I certainly would not buy one, or move my family into one.

Especially a place where a family was killed.

Indeed, a friend tried to get a tour of the Amityville house and I was interested in going. They would not give tours without a letter of pre-qualification from a mortgage company, or I would have tagged along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal