Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:46 AM

20,116 posts, read 20,922,481 times

Advertisements

The whole situation is bizarre.
This legend has taken so many left turns over the years.
I'm going with the Ronnie and an accomplice scenario, whether it was his sister or not who knows.
The first big mistake was the botched initial investigation.
But whatever.

The Lutz situation is completely fabricated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 12:18 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,333,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
@I_Love_LI_but I have heard of sleep paralysis but....how could everyone be under sleep paralysis at the exact same time?
This is under the theory that an evil entity was involved in "assisting" Ronnie with the killings. If an entity has the power to put one person under sleep paralysis, the entity can do it to everyone at the same time.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,333,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The whole situation is bizarre.
This legend has taken so many left turns over the years.
I'm going with the Ronnie and an accomplice scenario, whether it was his sister or not who knows.
The first big mistake was the botched initial investigation.
But whatever.

The Lutz situation is completely fabricated.
What was botched?

Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,082,212 times

The Amityville Horror (1979) Trailer - YouTube

Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM

22,934 posts, read 28,322,594 times
The "real" story was a hoax. It has been debunked again and again and again.

That said, the 1979 movie is a very effective horror flick. Just don't take it seriously.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:35 AM

20,116 posts, read 20,922,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What was botched?
The entire investigation! They dropped the ball with proper procedure and thorough Crime scene protocol.
I apologise for not providing more info here but I'm lazy and not motivated right now.
The info regarding the initial crime scene investigation is out there if you do a search, it's a little tedious and
time consuming but very interesting and worth the time.
Ric Osuna's book is a good starting source to see how SCPD mishandled the whole thing and how corrupt the department was during the 70's.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:16 AM

Here is a very good overview of what a bunch of hooey the "haunting" was:

snopes.com: The Amityville Horror

There are some very credible cases of hauntings out there. Amityville is NOT one of them. This was a hoax through and through. They did P.T. Barnum proud.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:39 AM

411 posts, read 416,775 times
'The Amityville Horror' was the first book that I ever read as a kid and love or hate the Lutz couple, they created an urban legend like no other. The tragic murders in that house and the fact that all victims were laying face down at their time of death adds a supernatural element that's fascinating.

I always thought that people should remember that that particular era, people were doing a lot of drugs; hallucinations, 'experiences' and obsession with the occult were very popular themes at the time which accounts for a lot.

Who could seriously buy a property in which a whole family were murdered and expect to be riding high on good vibes?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
The tragic murders in that house and the fact that all victims were laying face down at their time of death adds a supernatural element that's fascinating.
How is sleeping on your front instead of your back supernatural?

Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 PM

411 posts, read 416,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
How is sleeping on your front instead of your back supernatural?
Every member of the family was shot in the back in their beds - laying face down. The gunshots as the killer went from room to room apparently didn't stir any of the other victims and they were all face down.

Also, their is a story that the native Americans from that region would bury their people alive and face down if they were believed to be possessed by demons (mentally ill by todays standards).

It may or may not be true but the two things have been linked into the legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal