Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2022, 11:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
You have brought this up in the past. You even posted a link and I did play it for my dog and he didn't do anything or care in the least. When a real known animal makes a noise while watching TV he notices that.

It has been a long time since it was posted on here. It was suposed to be a bigfoot screaming because nothing else made that sound according to believers on here. I was watching one of those "reality" shows that they drop you off out in the woods. It was a location with many bear and there was a part with a bear across the creek screeming that sounded exacty like the supposed bigfoot recording.
It makes sense to me, because in so many accounts, people claim their animals act 'strange' when one of these things is supposedly in the area. If that is true I think it could be tested and experimented. Maybe its a smell thing too, IDK, but I do know my dog had very different reactions to both recordings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 03:59 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It makes sense to me, because in so many accounts, people claim their animals act 'strange' when one of these things is supposedly in the area. If that is true I think it could be tested and experimented. Maybe its a smell thing too, IDK, but I do know my dog had very different reactions to both recordings.
This talk about animals acting strange to sounds and smells is only a distraction. It still boils down to no proof of any wolfman or Bigfoot being real. So the believers turn to unproven speculations with the hope that some 'expert' will produce some form of validation.

I have to remind you that there are more cameras in the US than people and there are about 350,000,000 of us wandering around and some exploring areas never explored before. But you still have no clear pictures and not one dead carcass.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:27 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This talk about animals acting strange to sounds and smells is only a distraction. It still boils down to no proof of any wolfman or Bigfoot being real. So the believers turn to unproven speculations with the hope that some 'expert' will produce some form of validation.

I have to remind you that there are more cameras in the US than people and there are about 350,000,000 of us wandering around and some exploring areas never explored before. But you still have no clear pictures and not one dead carcass.
How many people are walking around with their cameras/phones ready to take a picture of, well anything, and how many dead carcasses of other animals have you seen in the woods of animals that arent all that common to find?

Old 06-17-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
How many people are walking around with their cameras/phones ready to take a picture of, well anything, and how many dead carcasses of other animals have you seen in the woods of animals that arent all that common to find?
Since when did you see one of our younger generations that were not ready to take a picture of anything? They shoot pictures of themselves eating, picking buggers, or whatever.

As far as animal carcasses in the woods, there are some, but I agree that we do not find many. But that is because the deep woods puts those carcasses to good use feeding the hungry. But our roads are lined with carcasses. Almost every creature in the wild eventually makes a mistake on our roads. So why hasn't Bigfoot or wolfman made a mistake on our roads? Are they smarter than people?

Old 06-17-2022, 12:07 PM

1,128 posts, read 610,985 times
Quote:
Since when did you see one of our younger generations that were not ready to take a picture of anything? They shoot pictures of themselves eating, picking buggers, or whatever.

As far as animal carcasses in the woods, there are some, but I agree that we do not find many. But that is because the deep woods puts those carcasses to good use feeding the hungry. But our roads are lined with carcasses. Almost every creature in the wild eventually makes a mistake on our roads. So why hasn't Bigfoot or wolfman made a mistake on our roads? Are they smarter than people?
I have to admit, the fact there we have NEVER found any bones or remains EVER is strange.

I understand the numbers game though. I don't think the population of BF's are even close to let's say bears, and we rarely run across their (bears) bones.

The show (let's get back to topic lol), is stupidly ridiculous because they NEVER concentrate on possible evidence that they come across. For example, all the "nests", or tree structures that Ronny thinks are BF caused, they should examine with a forensic like fervor... looking for hair for example. If anything THAT hairy laid down to sleep, how the heck can't you find a few hairs to examine and DNA test?

The show is just getting dumber and dumber, sorry. Ronny with his Zen meditation to connect with BF and the latest with the ridiculous "remote viewer" coming in to help... dammit how the heck can anyone take BF hunting seriously after watching that?

Old 06-17-2022, 12:28 PM

10,836 posts, read 4,521,326 times
couple years ago I went to the pittsburgh home show...just as you walked in the door, was a table with a guy talking about bigfoot...and UFOs. he has a couple books out that states bigfeet are really aliens...wookies if you will, that are able to beam back up to the ship and leave no trace. The prime directive keeps then from establishing relations with us.

Ok, so there is THAT explanation....

personally, with everyone carrying an HD movie camera, Id like some video...hell I would WELCOME "darryl' doing a *** in the road in front of me ANY night I am up north. Especially a week ago when they held the annual bigfoot festival.

just pack your redhawk 'alaskan' in .454 if you try to meet one....better safe than sorry.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:49 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:

Dont recall seeing many of the "younger generation" out in the woods. But heres what I just did, with my iphone(s). (Yes I have 2, one for me one for work.)With one in hand, other on the stopwatch, it took me just under 3 seconds for my phone to recognize me and for me ro open the camera. Wou;ld have taken longer if I had to put in my passcode. Any animal, walking or running, could have been far enough away for me to not be able to see it let alone take a picture. Someone would have to walking with their phone, constantly checking to make sure the phone isnt going into sleep mode, and looking for Bigfoot all at the same time. Doable yes, I agree, but likely, no. But I digress............

Old 06-17-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Dont recall seeing many of the "younger generation" out in the woods. But heres what I just did, with my iphone(s). (Yes I have 2, one for me one for work.)With one in hand, other on the stopwatch, it took me just under 3 seconds for my phone to recognize me and for me ro open the camera. Wou;ld have taken longer if I had to put in my passcode. Any animal, walking or running, could have been far enough away for me to not be able to see it let alone take a picture. Someone would have to walking with their phone, constantly checking to make sure the phone isnt going into sleep mode, and looking for Bigfoot all at the same time. Doable yes, I agree, but likely, no. But I digress............
Then why is it a reality that every other real animal on this planet has had its picture taken by a cellphone?

Maybe it does take seconds for a cellphone to wake up, but many cellphones are never asleep or off. It isn't only that, but we have cameras that are always ON, like the GoPro or the trail cameras. Plus we have drones and security cameras. To me these arguments that cellphones take too long to capture your cryptids are simply grasping at straws, there is no real excuse why we do not have better pictures - other than that these creatures don't exist.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:49 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
So, last time it was meditation, this time they brought in a remote viewer to do his stuff. Not terribly successful and yet, maybe this is the object - to discredit the scientist and reduce the show to complete entertainment only. If the government is interested enough to buy up adjacent forest with bigfoot nests in it, then it makes sense for them to want any show which looks like discovering too much evidence to be discredited or reduced to fluff.

Shame on them. All the evidence which they could be getting is now ignored. I honestly think some/most of it is real but then ... I am a believer so call me gullible.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:17 PM
KCZ

4,667 posts, read 3,662,281 times
Quote:
Then why is it a reality that every other real animal on this planet has had its picture taken by a cellphone?

Maybe it does take seconds for a cellphone to wake up, but many cellphones are never asleep or off. It isn't only that, but we have cameras that are always ON, like the GoPro or the trail cameras. Plus we have drones and security cameras. To me these arguments that cellphones take too long to capture your cryptids are simply grasping at straws, there is no real excuse why we do not have better pictures - other than that these creatures don't exist.
Not true. Expeditions to the Amazon, Indonesia, Africa, etc. discover new species on a regular basis, as do deep sea expeditions. And none of those creatures have ever even been in the vicinity of a cellphone, let alone had their pictures taken by one, until a bunch of researchers went looking for them with legit camera equipment, no less. We didn't discover Homo floresiensis, a species that's existed for more than 100,000 years, until <20 years ago.

Personally, I'm skeptical that Bigfoot exists, but I'm not going to discount the possibility just because there aren't any cellphone photos of one on Twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal