Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times

Advertisements

One thing I dislike about Newcastle weather so far is it is rare for temps to longer above 20 C or 68F after dark. I don't need it distinctly cool at night so night breezes are usually a
nnoying for an evening stroll imho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
^^ SophieLL I was mistaken,
Newcastle's climate would be considered "humid, maritime-temperate",
not "temperate oceanic" like Melbourne or Hobart.

But yeah,
Newcastle is still not considered a sub-tropical, mediterranean,
semi-arid, savahna/monsoon etc as are climates where hot weather is common outside of summer.

I would assume spring heat would be more common in Brisbane or Geraldton.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:43 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times
So, we reached 30 celsius today

well, actually, 29.8c, but its the same!
and it was kinda a muggy day
i mean, sunny, but humid
so it was really really hot and uncomfortable
No wonder, if yesterday night was so hot, it was to expect this hot day today.

Now, at almost 8pm, temp is 24c.

So we keep having hot nights
Thankfully, its also a little breezy, so this night is definetely nicer than yesterday (with no breeze, and 25.5c, it felt much more muggy and uncomfortable)

so, spring is definetely here.

I could even go into the swimming pool tonight

Old 10-27-2012, 09:52 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,586,474 times
Hot 12.1C-36.2C today, seabreeze has just come in currently 33.4C. An unforecasted thunderstorm has popped up on the radar to the north and looks to be heading in this direction .

Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 PM

473 posts, read 666,807 times
After a maximum of 34.5C on Friday, and 30C yesterday, today has only reached 17.2C so far with overcast skies. If it fails to get above 20C today, then it will be the 3rd sub-20 maximum this October - normally there isn't any. Despite this, the average maximum so far this month is above normal.

Rainfall for October is at 38.4mm, about 20mm below average. It should end up as the fourth month in a row with below average rainfall.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Hot 12.1C-36.2C today, seabreeze has just come in currently 33.4C. An unforecasted thunderstorm has popped up on the radar to the north and looks to be heading in this direction .

I love those ranges!!

We ve had a very hot day/night yesterday and ditto today. But tonight a storm started and hopefully it will cool down tomorrow *crosses fingers*.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:12 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,586,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I love those ranges!!

We ve had a very hot day/night yesterday and ditto today. But tonight a storm started and hopefully it will cool down tomorrow *crosses fingers*.
Certainly makes it easier to get some good sleep It usually cools down a fair bit after a hot day but usually it's not quite that marked.

Much cooler today, only 22C at midday and it's been mostly cloudy all day. Some showers and thunderstorms are forecast from Wednesday to Sunday. The thunder and lightning was nice yesterday heard on the news that there were over 200 strikes in Perth in about an hour, it did rain a little but not enough to even register in the official gauge-presumably the very dry air caused a lot of the rain to evaporate before it hit the ground. To end of a rather strange 24 hours of weather we had a rather thick fog overnight and this morning, and my car was covered in a thin layer of drizzle/condensation.

Last edited by sulkiercupid; 10-28-2012 at 10:39 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 02:01 PM

HUGE storm in BA last night, causing a lot of damages in houses and incredibly flooding in the streets, plus elecrtic shotdowns in parts of the city. Even the subway is closed in the most part.

Always the same problem here in BA: the flooding. We mights not have earthquakes, hurricanes or any natural disaster, but this city is so poorly constructed and the authorities are so incompetent and inoperable, that a little storm can crash this city down like if it was the biggest hurricane. Sad.
Many evacuated people and people with their houses full of water, hope this gets worked out somehow.

This are some pictures i found in internet of the flooding, though there are much more of those, much more impressive, in the online local newspapers but couldnt save them and copy here. This are just photos normal people take from the streets.

A lot of car damaged too.
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Thread 2012- (Sept-Nov) - Southern Hemisphere-foto2.jpg   Spring Thread 2012- (Sept-Nov) - Southern Hemisphere-fotoo.jpg  

Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,066,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
HUGE storm in BA last night, causing a lot of damages in houses and incredibly flooding in the streets, plus elecrtic shotdowns in parts of the city. Even the subway is closed in the most part.

Always the same problem here in BA: the flooding. We mights not have earthquakes, hurricanes or any natural disaster, but this city is so poorly constructed and the authorities are so incompetent and inoperable, that a little storm can crash this city down like if it was the biggest hurricane. Sad.
Many evacuated people and people with their houses full of water, hope this gets worked out somehow.

This are some pictures i found in internet of the flooding, though there are much more of those, much more impressive, in the online local newspapers but couldnt save them and copy here. This are just photos normal people take from the streets.

A lot of car damaged too.
Wow, surprised not to see anything about this in the papers, although I guess it's been overshadowed by the US storm.

Apparently there are two confirmed fatalities. Preliminary reports suggest over 200 mm of rain fell in two hours! I wouldn't be too hard on BA city planners, that's a huge amount of rain.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,066,406 times
Beautiful weather here -- high of 20 C yesterday with hardly a cloud in the sky. Highs in the mid-20s for the next few days before a prolonged wet / cold / cloudy spell sets in again. I'm making the most of it.

Currently 19 C with a blue dome sky and not a breath of wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather