Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM

202 posts, read 568,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Spain has the rudest people I've ever encountered. Love the place anyway.
---

In Spanish, being "rudo" is just the opposite of being gayish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 01:15 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh View Post
French are not rude, they are like that. Problem is that Americans and other tourists take them seriously. Spoiled kids act in an idiotic manner when they are the center of attention, French do the same.

In fact, most tourists won't see many French in cities like Paris. Most of the waiters are immigrants, and immigrants treat tourists the same way than French treat them..so, it's kind of a chain reaction.

Now, French people outside tourist circuits are just normal people.
That's the same...

Old 04-08-2012, 01:17 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
United States Customs and Immigration people are very friendly as long as you follow the rules. I am from immigrant background and I found american staff much more friendly as compared to european or australian immigration people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The United States, when you return and pass through Customs and Immigration. In evry other country, you are welcomed as a guest. In the US, you are welcomed as a presumed criminal.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:04 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Spain has the rudest people I've ever encountered. Love the place anyway.
the spanish are loud but ive never found them rude

rudest ever nation ive encountered are hungarians , apart from being unfriendly , everyone from taxi drivers to restaraunt staff to business in general is open about thier wish to rip you off

Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88
The United States, when you return and pass through Customs and Immigration. ..., you are welcomed as a presumed criminal.
I have never seen this in the 100's of times I've entered back into the US on the East Coast. You must be confusing them with the TSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh
....Now, French people outside tourist circuits are just normal people.
I deal with the people who work in IT there. They are rude know it alls. Maybe the people way outside of the cities are better.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Germany.
Cayman Islands.

I was treated very nicely in France and England.
Asian countries...well, that is its own story...and it usually involves staring.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:11 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Are French people really so rude or maybe this French bashing is a hangover from when Bush started the drums beating for his phony war in Iraq and France wouldn't go along with it?
Bush gets blamed for a lot of things, some deserved, some not. This is one of the things he shouldn't be blamed for.
Don't know how long you've lived in the USA but believe me, anti-French sentiment , whether it's fair or not, goes back generations.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 AM

84 posts, read 229,375 times
everyone in France was very nice to us. i think it helps when you don't act like the typical "american" tourist. they also have a thing against the English, too. we were in a restaurant, and this older gentlemen starts speaking to us in mostly French, saying that my husband looks like this French actor, then all of the sudden he looks at my husband's hat, which had a Union Jack on it, and he gets really angry and says "are you english?" and starts ranting about the English. we had to convince him we were american and not english and he calmed down. it was pretty funny.

and i can see where some people would think the Brits were rude. i thought they were great, but they are pretty reserved. to some americans that's perceived as rude.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 AM

61,685 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Bush gets blamed for a lot of things, some deserved, some not. This is one of the things he shouldn't be blamed for.
Don't know how long you've lived in the USA but believe me, anti-French sentiment , whether it's fair or not, goes back generations.
Oh, I agree, but this also contributed.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:04 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
To be fair the Spanish are rude but I think that is because they are sick of foreigners (mostly Brits) using their country as the nightlife, sick bucket of Europe. I could only describe most of my holidays to Spain as chaos, admittedly it only happens in certain parts of Spain, but all this drunken behaviour must be an annoyance to the Spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World