Portsmouth: Portsmouth, OH
Portsmouth: Boundary Street, Pigs kept in city yard
Portsmouth: BIRDS EYE VIEW OF PORTSMOUTH
Portsmouth: 6th Street
Portsmouth: By a busy intersection near SSU
Portsmouth: Portsmouth, Ohio as seen from South Shore, Kentucky
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||38.2 years|
|Ohio median age:||39.3 years|
Zip codes: 45662.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,803 (it was $15,078 in 2000)
Portsmouth city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $76,219 (it was $52,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $535.
Races in Portsmouth, OH (2013)
- 17,85988.1%White alone
- 1,2226.0%Black alone
- 6643.3%Two or more races
- 1560.8%Asian alone
- 60.03%Other race alone
- 20.01%American Indian alone
|Nice areas near Portsmouth, Ohio (2 replies)|
|Will Ohioans ever populate southern Ohio? (58 replies)|
|Cincinnati-Indianapolis-Chicago high speed rail (559 replies)|
|Do you consider Ohio "Midwest" or "Back East?" (360 replies)|
|Best Ohio Skyline In Ohio? (256 replies)|
|California to Ohio? Advice (38 replies)|
Latest news from Portsmouth, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (21.6%), Irish (16.1%), United States (10.6%), English (10.2%), Welsh (2.0%), French (1.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1928
Elevation: 540 feet
Land area: 10.8 square miles.
Population density: 1,887 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Portsmouth:
- High school or higher: 78.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 10.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Portsmouth city:
- Never married: 29.1%
- Now married: 39.5%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 9.2%
- Divorced: 19.3%
470 residents are foreign born (1.2% Latin America, 0.3% Asia).
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there were 47 registered sex offenders living in Portsmouth, Ohio as of January 21, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Portsmouth to the number of sex offenders is 432 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $988 (1.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $665 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Huntington, WV (36.7 miles , pop. 51,475).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Columbus, OH (86.2 miles , pop. 711,470).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (328.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: South Shore, KY (1.2 miles ), Fullerton, KY (1.3 miles ), New Boston, OH (1.3 miles ), Rosemount, OH (1.7 miles ), West Portsmouth, OH (1.9 miles ), Sciotodale, OH (2.3 miles ), Wheelersburg, OH (2.6 miles ), Friendship, OH (2.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $68,700
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $68,700
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $68,700
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $50,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $80,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $80,000
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $80,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 38.74 N, Longitude: 82.97 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,408 (+21.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,781 (52.1%)
Area code: 740
|Crime rates in Portsmouth by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 296.9)||831.8||998.8||1106.0||894.3||725.5||685.0||723.4||778.6||500.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Portsmouth detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.86|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -2,623 (-11.1%).
- Retail trade (19%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Construction (10%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (16%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (9%)
- Healthcare support occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
Average climate in Portsmouth, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Portsmouth-area historical tornado activity is below Ohio state average. It is 26% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/23/1968, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 9.4 miles away from the Portsmouth city center killed 7 people and injured 93 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/23/1968, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 9.8 miles away from the city center killed 6 people and injured 364 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Portsmouth-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 64.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 64.6 miles away from Portsmouth center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 266.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 233.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 219.5 miles away from Portsmouth center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 144.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Scioto County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 5, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Del Rice - Baseball player and coach, Al Oliver - Baseball player, Bill Sali - Politician, Herb Roe - Artist, Micah Schweinsberg - Musician, Wally Phillips - Talk radio host, Bob Sowards - Professional golfer, Chuck Ealey - Football player, Earl Thomas Conley - Country singer, Rocky Nelson - Baseball player.
Hospitals in Portsmouth:
- MERCY HOSPITAL (1248 KINNEYS LANE)
- PORTSMOUTH RECEIVING HOSPITAL (25TH ST & ELMWOOD DR)
- SOMC HOSPICE (1248 KINNEYS LANE)
- SOUTHERN HILLS HOSPITAL (727 8TH ST)
- SOUTHERN OHIO MEDICAL CENTER (Voluntary non-profit - Other, 1805 27TH STREET)
Nursing Homes in Portsmouth:
- BRIDGEPORT HEALTH CARE CENTER (2125 ROYCE STREET)
- CHRISANNA HEALTH CARE (1319 SPRING ST)
- CRYSTAL CARE CTR OF PORTSMOUTH (1319 SPRING STREET)
- HALLMARK CARE CENTER INC (605 FRONT STREET)
- HEARTLAND OF PORTSMOUTH (20 EASTER DRIVE)
- HEMPSTEAD MANOR (727 EIGHTH STREET)
- HILL VIEW HLTH CARE FACILITY (1610 28TH ST)
- HILL VIEW RETIREMENT CENTER (1610 28TH STREET)
- SCIOTO MEMORIAL CONVALESCENT CENTER (2001 SCIOTO TRAIL)
Dialysis Facilities in Portsmouth:
Home Health Centers in Portsmouth:
Airports and heliports located in Portsmouth:
- Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport (PMH) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 400, Itinerant Ops: 18,030, Local Ops: 27,000, Military Ops: 400)
- Air Evac 97 Heliport (68OH)
- Southern Ohio Regional Medical Center Heliport (OH62)
Colleges/Universities in Portsmouth:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Portsmouth:
- Ashland Community and Technical College (about 26 miles; Ashland, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,482)
- Marshall University (about 37 miles; Huntington, WV; FT enrollment: 11,450)
- Morehead State University (about 46 miles; Morehead, KY; FT enrollment: 7,523)
- Maysville Community and Technical College (about 47 miles; Maysville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,969)
- Southern State Community College (about 49 miles; Hillsboro, OH; FT enrollment: 2,418)
- Ohio Christian University (about 61 miles; Circleville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,345)
- Ohio University-Main Campus (about 62 miles; Athens, OH; FT enrollment: 26,181)
Public high schools in Portsmouth:
- PORTSMOUTH JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL/PORTSMOUTH HIGH SCHO (Students: 754, Location: 1225 GALLIA ST, Grades: 7-12)
- SCIOTOVILLE (Students: 348, Location: 224 MARSHALL ST, Grades: 5-12, Charter school)
- CLAY HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 44 CLAY HIGH ST, Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Portsmouth:
Public elementary/middle schools in Portsmouth:
- PORTSMOUTH ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,096, Location: 514 UNION ST, Grades: PK-6)
- CLAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 44 CLAY HIGH ST, Grades: PK-5)
- CLAY MIDDLE SCHOOL (Location: 44 CLAY HIGH ST, Grades: 6-8)
Private elementary/middle school in Portsmouth:
Library in Portsmouth:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Birthplace of ALlison Day, college tennis player, Youngstown State University
- other college football players besides clifford are jeremiah bolden, joseph parker, and the new NFL player Antonio Malone for the greenbay packers, cliff alexander, and many other college football players.
Notable locations in Portsmouth: Labold Field (A), Lawson Run Wastewater Treatment Plant (B), Portsmouth Ambulance (C), Healthnet Aeromedical Services Healthnet 4 (D), Life Ambulance Services Station 1 (E), American Ambulance (F), Portsmouth Fire Department Central Fire Station (G), Portsmouth Fire Department Sciotoville Fire Station (H), Portsmouth Fire Department Hilltop Fire Station (I), Southern Ohio Medical Center Inpatient Rehabilitation Center (J), Portsmouth Bar and Law Library (K), Portsmouth City Hall (L), Scioto County Courthouse (M), Portsmouth Public Library (N). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Portsmouth: ASB FINANCIAL CORP /OH (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Portsmouth include: Boulevard Church (A), Milldale Church (B), Mount Lebanon Baptist Chapel (C), Mabert Road Baptist Church (D), Apostolic Tower of Faith Church (E), First Lutheran Church (F), Church of Christ (G), Franklin Avenue United Methodist Church (H), Central Church of Christ (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Greenlawn Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Swauger Valley Run (A), Little Scioto River (B), Bonser Run (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Portsmouth include: Bannon Park (1), Riverfront Park (2), Branch Rickey Park (3), York Park (4), Sixth Street Historic District (5), Second Street Historic District (6), Boneyfiddle Commercial Historic District (7), Mound Park (8). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Ett-Mar Motel (1600 Kendall Avenue) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Courts: Scioto County Offices Courthouse Offices - Juvenile Court Judge Kirsch (602 7th Street) (1), United States Government - Federal Bureau Of Investigation (Post Ofc) (2). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 65.6. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 1.12. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 0.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 24.8. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 18.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 16.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 1.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.39. This is about average. Closest monitor was 2.7 miles away from the city center.
(30.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 22.6% for Black residents, 21.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 7.8% for other race residents, 32.2% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Portsmouth in 2010:
- 671 people in college/university student housing
- 333 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 158 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 48 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 32 people in correctional facilities intended for juveniles
- 22 people in group homes intended for adults
- 20 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 12 people in residential treatment centers for juveniles (non-correctional)
People in group quarters in Portsmouth in 2000:
- 398 people in nursing homes
- 178 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 163 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 61 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 61 people in military hospitals or wards for chronically ill
- 48 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 39 people in other workers' dormitories
- 19 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
- 14 people in other nonhousehold living situations
Banks with branches in Portsmouth (2011 data):
- PNC Bank, National Association: Rosemount Branch, Portsmouth-Main Du Branch, Portsmouth-Main Branch. Info updated 2012/03/20: Bank assets: $263,309.6 mil, Deposits: $197,343.0 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3085 total offices, Holding Company: Pnc Financial Services Group, Inc., The
- U.S. Bank National Association: Portsmouth Branch at 602 Chillicothe Street, branch established on 1905/12/05; Gay Street Branch at 619 Gay Street, branch established on 1969/10/23. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
- RBS Citizens, National Association: Portsmouth Drive Thru Branch at 704 6th Street, branch established on 2005/07/21; Portsmouth at 507 Chillicothe, branch established on 1990/12/14. Info updated 2007/09/19: Bank assets: $106,940.6 mil, Deposits: $75,690.2 mil, headquarters in Providence, RI, positive income, 1135 total offices, Holding Company: Uk Financial Investments Limited
- Wesbanco Bank, Inc.: Portsmouth Branch at 924 Gallia Street, branch established on 1995/09/05. Info updated 2009/04/02: Bank assets: $5,520.2 mil, Deposits: $4,394.5 mil, headquarters in Wheeling, WV, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 115 total offices, Holding Company: Wesbanco, Inc.
- American Savings Bank, FSB: American Savings Bank, Fsb at 503 Chillicothe Street, branch established on 1892/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $226.4 mil, Deposits: $192.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 4 total offices
- Fifth Third Bank: Portsmouth Branch at 500 Chillicothe, branch established on 1998/10/16. Info updated 2009/10/05: Bank assets: $114,540.4 mil, Deposits: $89,689.1 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1378 total offices, Holding Company: Fifth Third Bancorp
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Portsmouth city (based on Scioto County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Scioto County:||1.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Scioto County:||2.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Scioto County:||4.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Portsmouth, OH Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$8,842||$35,368||2||$3,472|
|Judicial and Legal||26||$119,104||$54,971||2||$2,580|
|Police Protection - Officers||37||$169,738||$55,050||0||$0|
|Police - Other||3||$7,874||$31,496||0||$0|
|Fire - Other||1||$2,470||$29,640||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||19||$93,686||$59,170||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||14||$39,860||$34,166||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$14,884||$35,722||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||1||$2,958||$35,496||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$9,230||$36,920||2||$3,636|
|Totals for Government||254||$982,742||$46,429||7||$11,540|
3.61% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,829 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Franklin County, OH||0.38% ($24,872 average AGI)|
|from Greenup County, KY||0.31% ($24,831)|
|from Pike County, OH||0.27% ($29,164)|
3.84% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,627 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Portsmouth:
- WIOI (1010 AM; 1 kW; NEW BOSTON, OH)
- WPAY (1400 AM; 1 kW; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: RADIO STATIONS WPAY/WPFB, INC.)
- WNXT (1260 AM; 5 kW; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: HOMETOWN B/C OF PORTSMOUTH, INC.)
- WLGC (1520 AM; daytime; 5 kW; GREENUP, KY; Owner: GREENUP COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVHU (800 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGOH (1370 AM; 5 kW; GRAYSON, KY; Owner: CARTER COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WRVC (930 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: FIFTH AVENUE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBGS (1030 AM; daytime; 10 kW; POINT PLEASANT, WV; Owner: BIG RIVER RADIO, INC.)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTCR (1420 AM; 5 kW; KENOVA, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Portsmouth:
- WPAY-FM (104.1 FM; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: RADIO STATIONS WPAY/WPFB, INC.)
- WOHP (88.3 FM; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WNXT-FM (99.3 FM; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: HOMETOWN B/C OF PORTSMOUTH, INC.)
- W215AV (90.9 FM; SOUTH PORTSMOUTH, KY; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WZZZ (107.5 FM; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING OF PORTSMOUTH 2, INC.)
- WOSP (91.5 FM; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WOKE (98.3 FM; GARRISON, KY; Owner: BIG RIVER RADIO, INC.)
- WLGC-FM (105.7 FM; GREENUP, KY; Owner: GREENUP COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBKS (107.1 FM; IRONTON, OH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRAU (94.9 FM; SOUTH WEBSTER, OH; Owner: IM-MEDIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W214BI (90.7 FM; PIKETON, OH; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WDGG (93.7 FM; ASHLAND, KY; Owner: FIFTH AVENUE B/CASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WVWV (89.9 FM; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WAMX (106.3 FM; MILTON, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBVB (97.1 FM; COAL GROVE, OH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRVC-FM (92.7 FM; CATLETTSBURG, KY; Owner: FIFTH AVENUE BROADCASTING CO., INC)
- WOUL-FM (89.1 FM; IRONTON, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WKOV-FM (96.7 FM; WELLSTON, OH; Owner: JACKSON COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKKS-FM (104.9 FM; VANCEBURG, KY; Owner: BROWN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXZQ (100.1 FM; PIKETON, OH; Owner: DBA PIKETON COMMUNICATIONS)
TV broadcast stations around Portsmouth:
- W66CZ (Channel 66; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPBO (Channel 42; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WHCP (Channel 30; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: TELEVISION PROPERTIES, INC.)
- WPBY-TV (Channel 33; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WSAZ-TV (Channel 3; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WOWK-TV (Channel 13; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WKAS (Channel 25; ASHLAND, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 26Number of bridges
- 385m1,263ftTotal length
- $500,000Total costs
- 198,535Total average daily traffic
- 9,367Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 46 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Portsmouth, OH)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 23 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 110 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Portsmouth)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 23 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Portsmouth)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 219
- Hazardous Condition: 87
- Service Call: 13
- Good Intent Call: 7
Incident types - Portsmouth
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Portsmouth, Ohio:
- Super 8 Portsmouth, 4266 US 23 N, Portsmouth, Ohio 45662 , Phone: (740) 353-8880, Fax: (740) 353-8880
- Holiday Inn, 711 Second St, Portsmouth, Ohio 45662 , Phone: (740) 354-7711, Fax: (740) 353-1539
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (69%)
- Electricity (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Portsmouth, OH|
|AT&T||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Ace Hardware||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||MasterBrand Cabinets||2|
|Buffalo Wild Wings||1||Payless||1|
|Burger King||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Comfort Inn||1||Sprint Nextel||1|
|H&R Block||3||Super 8||1|
|Holiday Inn||2||Taco Bell||2|
Portsmouth compared to Ohio state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
Portsmouth on our top lists:
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in military hospitals or wards for chronically ill (population 1,000+)"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of burglaries per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Health technologists and technicians (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of thefts per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Health care and social assistance (population 5,000+)"
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index per police officer (population 5,000+)"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest city-data.com crime index, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #100 on the list of "Top 100 cities with oldest houses (pop. 5,000+)"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
- #50 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2007-2013 (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 20 patent applications in 2008-2017.